The Student Room Group

My question is about CRB-arrested but not convicted

Dear All

My friend's husband got arrested for assault against his wife, domestic violence. She
made a statement but later withdrew it as she didn't want to pursue the case in court or press any charge against her husband. He was arrested and spent 12 hours in police custody. He was not charged.

He has a new job and will be required to do crb. I will like to know if the arrest will show on the crb as my friend is quite worried that it will show on the crb thus will affect his new job.

thanks.
Original post by room205
Dear All

My friend's husband got arrested for assault against his wife, domestic violence. She
made a statement but later withdrew it as she didn't want to pursue the case in court or press any charge against her husband. He was arrested and spent 12 hours in police custody. He was not charged.

He has a new job and will be required to do crb. I will like to know if the arrest will show on the crb as my friend is quite worried that it will show on the crb thus will affect his new job.

thanks.

It depends what sort of CRB check is being done , which depends on the sort of job he is applying for. It will not show in a standard check which covers most jobs, but it may show if the check is enhanced. these are required for certain jobs such as those dealing with children or vulnerable adults. there is then a section where the police can add any additional information they think is relevant.

So your answer will be it will only show if its an enhanced CRB because the job requires it i.e Teacher/ Nurse and only if the police think its important and relevant. Chances are if its just the run of a mill hob it will be standard and wont show.

https://www.olliers.com/news/will-old-arrest-show-on-dbs-check/
Original post by room205
Dear All

thanks.

Hi,

An enhanced DBS check (DBS is the new name for what used to be the CRB) will show convictions, cautions, warnings, reprimands, and anything else that is deemed to be relevant at the time. Don't know what a standard DBS checks for but probably not as in depth.

So it depends on what DBS check has to be carried out. If it is a standard DBS, I doubt it will be a problem. If it is an enhanced one then it will likely show up, though whether it will affect his job or not I don't know.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by spotify95
Hi,

An enhanced DBS check (DBS is the new name for what used to be the CRB) will show convictions, cautions, warnings, reprimands, and anything else that is deemed to be relevant at the time. Don't know what a standard DBS checks for but probably not as in depth.

So it depends on what DBS check has to be carried out. If it is a standard DBS, I doubt it will be a problem. If it is an enhanced one then it will likely show up, though whether it will affect his job or not I don't know.

Dear Spotify95

Thanks for ur reply. The DBS my friends husband will be taking is the enhance DBS.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
It depends what sort of CRB check is being done , which depends on the sort of job he is applying for. It will not show in a standard check which covers most jobs, but it may show if the check is enhanced. these are required for certain jobs such as those dealing with children or vulnerable adults. there is then a section where the police can add any additional information they think is relevant.

So your answer will be it will only show if its an enhanced CRB because the job requires it i.e Teacher/ Nurse and only if the police think its important and relevant. Chances are if its just the run of a mill hob it will be standard and wont show.

https://www.olliers.com/news/will-old-arrest-show-on-dbs-check/

Dear 999tigger

Thanks for your reply. The CRB my friend's husband will be doing is the enhanced.
Reply 5
What happened?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending