The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Dear u,
The vague concept of CONTROL keeps annoying me these days. Feel like I have not had such kind of control up to now. Cant control my self,do not know what to do. Go with the flow and with some luck, Im still alive and even lead a PERFECT,EASY life that lots of people get jealous of.

I cant control myself. How can I control people? Im kind of people that are really ambitious. I realise that Ambition existing in a Weak girl is so so diastrous. Its a shame of my. I need to learn how to control and direct myself ritenow b4 dreaming ab any things else

xxxx

Me

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9003
Dear you,

You need to stop beating yourself up about this - There is no point dwelling on what happened, as frankly, it wasn't your fault. At the end of the day, you loved her and would've done anything to make her happy. She lied to you, used you, put a ONS before any care for you etc. She treated you with no respect and her actions have all been done without remorse. You're so much better than that. You deserve someone who makes you happy, makes you smile and makes you feel like you can trust.

Possibly, you were too naive to believe she could be in a mature relationship. Perhaps you were into it more than she was. But who cares? They are natural mistakes which do not hurt people. You didn't lie, you didn't act out of spite and you didn't ruin this relationship. You got a lucky escape from this, as if it hadn't happened when it did, sooner or later down the line, it would have regardless.

One day, you'll find someone worthwhile. You'll be happy. This inability to trust now, this sadness you feel. It's temporary. And whilst she may be ignorant to what she's done, or lacking in remorse, this will one day come back and bite her on the arse. What goes around comes around. She won't get anyone as good as you. You will always get better than her.

Chin up.
From Yourself.
Dear you,
This is the last time I'll post on here - I guess I need closure.

Why bother to send me a letter asking me how I'm doing and wishing me a happy birthday like nothing's wrong? You very nearly ruined my life - I was in and out of hospital throughout highschool because of what you did.

I used to think that it was my fault. Did you know that? I used to think that you left because I simply wasn't good enough for you. I used to despise myself, and hated this feeling of...guilt that I'd carry around all day, every day. It broke my heart when I realized you weren't coming back.

Then, I began to hate you. I went through that typical rebellious phase, only ten times more worse because I was doing it to get rid of any feelings, thoughts or even memories that I had left of you. I put everyone I cared about through absolute hell just because I couldn't stand the thought that I wasn't good enough for you. I cried a lot, but I learned how to keep my mouth shut and create this whole other persona. I was always cheery and happy to everyone I knew, but it hurt so much on the inside.

And now, I have your letter in my hand. It's not even a letter; it's just a simple note expressing your apologies, asking how I'm doing, and wishing me the "greatest eighteenth birthday any girl could wish for".

Screw you and your petty apologies. I may not be perfect at the moment, but I'm doing well right now - and I definitely don't need you any more.

Sincerely,

Ro.
Reply 783
Original post by Rosa Arabelle
Dear you,
This is the last time I'll post on here - I guess I need closure.

Why bother to send me a letter asking me how I'm doing and wishing me a happy birthday like nothing's wrong? You very nearly ruined my life - I was in and out of hospital throughout highschool because of what you did.

I used to think that it was my fault. Did you know that? I used to think that you left because I simply wasn't good enough for you. I used to despise myself, and hated this feeling of...guilt that I'd carry around all day, every day. It broke my heart when I realized you weren't coming back.

Then, I began to hate you. I went through that typical rebellious phase, only ten times more worse because I was doing it to get rid of any feelings, thoughts or even memories that I had left of you. I put everyone I cared about through absolute hell just because I couldn't stand the thought that I wasn't good enough for you. I cried a lot, but I learned how to keep my mouth shut and create this whole other persona. I was always cheery and happy to everyone I knew, but it hurt so much on the inside.

And now, I have your letter in my hand. It's not even a letter; it's just a simple note expressing your apologies, asking how I'm doing, and wishing me the "greatest eighteenth birthday any girl could wish for".

Screw you and your petty apologies. I may not be perfect at the moment, but I'm doing well right now - and I definitely don't need you any more.

Sincerely,

Ro.

:hugs:

Hope you has a good 18th despite the letter!
Dear you,

I love you as a friend and it's been ages since I last saw or spoke to you! I hope we will see each other, and have once more nice long chat rounded off with one of your great hugs, before I go to uni.

Me :smile: x
I've just spent the last 3 and a half days reading through this thread and it's wonderful. There are the most beautiful and horrifically sad things in here, and I'm just amazed by some of it.

It's also given me a chance to think about all my many, many mistakes. I'd quite like to give it a go for the 4 girls I have the most to say to. Forgive me the long post.

Dear Girl number 1,

You were my first love, the first serious girlfriend I ever had. You were everything to me, but I had nothing to compare it to. I didn't realise how bad for each other we were. I made some pretty ****ty mistakes, but so did you, it was just neither of us realised it at the time. And we were both far too strong to ever back down, from anything, especially each other given how much we cared about the two of us. The thing is though, even with all that, when we did mutually come to a split due to age and distance, I had hoped we would stay close. You said forever, and I foolishly believed it would happen in some capacity or other. I guess I was wrong.

But, in the end, after so long, I really am over you. I don't look at the outside of your de-friended profile anymore, I don't check whatsapp to see when you were last on and I don't even remember when I stopped checking. I just wonder if you still miss me sometimes. The few feelers I've extended, to be civil, to be friends, to be interested, you've never responded to. I don't love you, not anymore, but I'm curious to know how you're getting on.

Never mind,
Wishing you well.

Girl number 2,
I was halfway through this thread when I realised an anonymous post wasn't going to be enough. I unblocked you and apologised and amazingly you forgave me. You were always better than me. Thank you.

Sorry again.

Girl number 3,

You should probably be the person I hate, you should probably be the person apologising but if we flipped an even coin, I don't know who it'd say is worse. I used you, I admit that. I wanted sex and I wanted to escape commitments, both times, and you were there and you wanted me. That's what it was to me, that's all it ever was to me. We could have been good friends, we enjoy the same comedy, the same music, you fed my ego. But we could never have a relationship, you're a follower, you're a pushover, you let me decide everything. You were utterly weak and contemptible. I kept treating you worse and you kept letting me. Why didn't you stick up for yourself? I admit I was awful though. The most humongous **** I've ever been, in a life of sh*t-filled ****ery. You told me you wanted something extremely casual, as casual as casual can be. I still don't know if you were lying. Either way, me getting with someone else was no big thing. You agreed, until you found out who it was. I'm sorry for that, too.

I tried to start a relationship with the other girl, I was a bit conflicted about it, and I was being very confusing to myself and you and others. But once I decided that I was going to be straight with you both, that I was going to be exclusive why did you tell me you were going to get me back. Why would you want me back?

I put the blame on you, I said you had got with other people first, you'd scuppered any chance of a relationship that you were the one to blame. I lied. I wanted to enjoy our increasingly rare good times but I didn't want to be the one to take the blame. I'm sorry.

But, and here it is, but. How could you? You cold hearted b***h. Your father was dead. My mother was dead. You got me drunk, you took me back to yours as a friend, you upset me and then you consoled me. You kissed me and I said no, and you washed, rinsed and repeated until I gave up. You're f***ing sickening. You didn't just take advantage of me, you didn't just make good on your promise, you whored your father's death. Just so you could what? Ruin my attempt at a new relationship, for some random, average guy you'd slept with twice?

But it's still not your fault. I remember doing it, I remember giving up fighting it that night. I wish I'd had more of my wits about me, I wish I'd not got so drunk, I wish a lot of things. Most of all, I wish none of this had ever happened.

I wish I could forgive you, 'cus I can't ever truly apologise for my causing all this heartache until I stop resenting you for it. And I can't stop resenting you until you apologise. And you can't apologise til I do. Its the most awful thing.

Until somehow, by some magical external influence, this is solved, I'll just wish you good luck and hope you keep away from me. I'm living with your new man now, I hope you stay at your place.

Me.

Dear you, and only you,

When I first saw you, I thought you were the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen outside of a screen. You don't believe me, but I told all my friends that very same night. All of them. You were amazing, utterly amazing. Perfect. And I'm so not. So completely not. So ****ingly and utterly flawed. And you can be a bit reserved, you know that, I thought it was disinterest.

I never had a clue, never imagined a girl like you would be interested in a guy like me and I'm so glad you didn't know me before you did.

As I got to know you, as I learned how intelligent you were, how witty, how strong, how inflexible, how compassionate I ached for you. You spraining your ankle was the best thing that ever happened. You said you liked me before, but I can't be sure, I tried to be like you and I offered my help and you kissed me for it. I was over the moon, I saw my opportunity and I wasn't going to let it slip through my fingers. I wasn't going to spend the next few years of my life looking at you and thinking 'what if?'

After we kissed, you asked if I had a girlfriend. I said no. I didn't lie. She never even came into my head, we were as casual as casual can be. I'm sorry for all the division that it caused. I still don't know why you were blamed and not me, I tried to protect you but I know, with everything that others and I did, those few months were utter **** for you. You who had only ever tried to do good to everyone around you.

I'm sorry I cheated on you.

I told you everything, I gave you space. I committed myself to not messing up again and eventually you, you utterly good woman, decided to give me a second chance.

And it's been fantastic. We're so strong now. This is my longest relationship, yours too, and to look back at how we started, and where we are now is incredible. I'm so honoured, so lucky and as most people reading this will agree, I don't deserve you at all.

Today, an old friend talked to me, from before I met you talked to me. I was the same me I used to be, but when things began to be a little strange, I backed off. I felt guilt for even letting it get close to awkward.

When I was deciding between the two of you, or rather, what I'd try to do. I remember sitting talking to my friends. Most of them advised I go with her, not you. They saw her and I when we were with them and not you and I when we were together. I remember saying "When (her and I) we're together I feel like the guy I am. When you and I are together I feel like the guy I've always wanted to be".

This much further along and the changes are more than skin deep. I will never stop trying to make up to you for the quagmire that was our beginning. I will never stop loving you. I love you as much as, more than, my first love, which I really thought would never be possible, and we're so well suited that it comes without any of the drama.

You are actually the last thing I think about each night and the third thing I think about each morning (after the barely conscious, are all my limbs still here, is there sleep in my eyes, that no-one can really help :P )

Everyone I've ever been with before this has had an expiry date. I've seen a future without them. I can't see, I don't want to see, a future without you.

Stay with me, stay with me through these next few years and I will marry you. I will marry you, I will give you everything and the world and I'll never let you go.
I love you. You're redeeming me and you're so much better than I deserve.

I love you
Me.
Reply 786
Dear you,

Despite everything you've done i'm still here, and thats because i love you...

From me.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Dear you (number 1),

I miss you. I wish you were around still but you're not, and although it's been a while now I still think about you. I have grown up a lot since you last saw me. I have changed. I find it hard to show any emotion about the whole situation, in fact I find it hard to talk about my feelings in general, because I've always bottled things up. It's all I have known. I just wish you could have lived a little longer, it's not fair that you're not in the world any more.

From me.

Dear you (number 2),

I'm sorry. Again, I wish I could show my feelings. But I can't. I'd rather stay quiet and allow myself to get hurt than tell you how I really feel. I hope you live a very happy and fulfilling life, but I just can't be in it.

From me.
Dear you,

Thank you. Thank you for coming into my life. Thank you for holding my hand and saving me from the lonely, cold world I was condemned to live in. You know I am not exaggerating. Only you know what I had been going through. And only I know what you had been going through.

You have given me the most beautiful life anyone could possibly imagine. You made so many sacrifices for me. You have been threatened, humiliated, wrongly judged: you never gave up on me. You promised you would not - thank you for always keeping your promises.

There are so many things I want to thank you for, and I know words are not enough.

It's my turn to make a promise. I promise everything is going to be alright. I promise we will have that life we always speak of.

You are my fairytale.

I love you. I will always love you.
Dear you,

Please stop talking, you're so boring. I really really don't care about your co-worker's eyes and hobbies! And stop repeating yourself over and over, I heard you and was bored by it the first time.

From Me.
Dear You,

You're breaking my heart.

I know a lot of people like you but stop it. It's been a year and the pain is still raw and it feels like I'm in that situation over and over again. I feel like that same girl I was at 15. I'm sorry I wasn't like her, but she's so involved in your life now and you told me you weren't like that, you let me down. You know how I felt about you (still feel about you) and you're using it to your advantage, feeding your ego and dragging out my pain.

I wish I'd never met you.

From me
Reply 791
Dear you,
I always point out that Im not good at caring people and expressing my feeling as an excuse for my problem.
You always say that ur alright like u dont need other people's help. Yep,fair enough,U just carry on what ur doing, i dont bother to say "u ok? U need help?"
Ur so confident, u have some topics about which u talk again and again. I havent even the smallest interest in those. I just let u talk, when u realise that noone is listening,ull stop
Ur organised,im a mess. Im through a blue time. Im sad all the time. I lost my directions thats why I dont give a smile. I just dont want a chat
Im not cool,but sometimes i think that ur worse than me. Look at the ways u comment on facebook,it sooo ridiculous.
You are not bad, we are just so different. Im sorry for what ive done. Ill try to love u more in the future

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9003
Dear you,

I gave you every chance to make some sort of a move, even something as small as holding my hand would have meant the world, you never did. I was pretty sure I knew how you felt but you'd never do anything. No one ever does and my confidence levels, which were starting to get better, are back as low as they have been before. I don't know why but somehow, we were right for each other, that's irrelevant now, chances are we'll never meet again. I've tried to make the effort but you just don't. You're unbelievably lazy and I can't be dealing with it anymore. I always feel like I'm the bad guy, but unless I nag you, you don't get anything done. Like I've said, it means nothing any more, you are no longer in my life even though you occupy a place in my heart and thoughts. I was close to loving you but I have tears in my eyes now; I know I need to get you out of my mind and I will do my best to move on. It saddens me to think of what could have been.

I might've been yours had you made the effort,
I will no longer waste my emotions on you,
Me x
Dear you,

Part of me aches at the thought of you being so close yet so untouchable, I'm infatuated with you. No one has ever heightened such a feeling inside of me, you're inside my head most of the time and I find myself smiling at the most random times because thoughts of you creep into my mind. I'm moving 6 hours and 314 miles away in just over two weeks. You have no idea how I feel and that's how it'll stay. In time these feelings will fade and my bitterness of you being with them will go. In the future when I come home, I'll probably see you and remember how happy you made me, but I have morals and I refuse to be the one to attempt to split up a relationship in order for my own personal gratification. I can see you're happy with them and as long as you're happy, that's all that matters.

From Me.
Original post by Anonymous
Dear you,

I gave you every chance to make some sort of a move, even something as small as holding my hand would have meant the world, you never did. I was pretty sure I knew how you felt but you'd never do anything. No one ever does and my confidence levels, which were starting to get better, are back as low as they have been before. I don't know why but somehow, we were right for each other, that's irrelevant now, chances are we'll never meet again. I've tried to make the effort but you just don't. You're unbelievably lazy and I can't be dealing with it anymore. I always feel like I'm the bad guy, but unless I nag you, you don't get anything done. Like I've said, it means nothing any more, you are no longer in my life even though you occupy a place in my heart and thoughts. I was close to loving you but I have tears in my eyes now; I know I need to get you out of my mind and I will do my best to move on. It saddens me to think of what could have been.

I might've been yours had you made the effort,
I will no longer waste my emotions on you,
Me x

I know how you feel...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I know how you feel...

aww thats so sad :'(
Dear you,

even though I post here on so many times how I am moving on and have new friends and I don't hate you. But, reality is I still love you, like I did before, I still think about you, like I did before. I don't even know why I am giving you the chance to take over me. Everything you did, said or even thought was a lie. I really want to hate you and control my emotions. I want to go into 'hate mode' but it is getting so hard to not think about you.

It's been two years and my heart feels like it is addicted to you and our memories. How can my heart be so selfish? It just keeps thinking about itself. All I want is closure, but my heart seems to open up to you. Right now, you're not thinking about me, you're thinking about someone you used to hate. But, I will always love you, even though I don't want to. And when I say 'I love you' thats not me, that is my heart calling out to you.

Even if you came running back to me right now, I would hug you and tell you that you're right, you're perfect and there is nothing wrong with you. I would tell you that it will be okay and that we are perfect.

But thats just my heart speaking.

From my heart.
Dear You,

Puh-lease, we were not friends. Our "friendship" was a complete joke, which revolved around me being in love with you and you bullying me and treating me like a piece of ****. You seemed uninterested in anything I said and wanted to change everything that made me me - my taste in music, my sense of humour etc. You put me down and called me a slut when I've slept with a grand total of 1 guy, and quite frankly while I know why I was friends with you, I have no bloody idea why you spent so much of your day with me. All I've come up with is you were either bored, sadistic or got an ego boost from a girl fawning over you. I became a worse version of myself and I'm sure you could clearly tell what was going on - you could have distanced yourself and let me get over it, but you spent more time with me and became more of an *******. If you genuinely couldn't see how I felt, you must be ****ing stupid - maybe you should change to that course at PoDunk polytechnic. I gave up so much of my time and parts of my life for you, yet you just abused it, and never showed me any sympathy or respect. Could you not put yourself in other people's shoes and show some empathy? I don't believe you treat your other friends like that for a second, because ain't nobody got time fo dat.

We've already got a doormat in the house and we don't need another one. I don't need this crapola in my life and will spend this year with friends who care and love me exactly as I am, not abuse me and tell me "tips to improve" that are thinly masked insults. This year even though we're lumbered in 1 house, let's just be civil and avoid prolonged contact, and then next year live with some other friends that you'll have to make yourself - not meet through me and then complain they're "not your kind of people". I've wisened up over summer and finally seen you for what you are and as Craig David once said, I'm walking away.
Takes out popcorn and scrolls down

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App This signature is basically a way for anyone to brag about what device they have to make yours look like crap

Latest

Trending

Trending