The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Dear You,

You remain as tricky to understand as ever: close then distant, flirty then cool, chatty then quiet.

I realise you are going through a difficult time, I just wish you would have the trust and courage to tell me about it, rather than leaving me to pick up the pieces and try and stop the situation getting worse blind.

As a friend I care about your happiness. If you want more than friendship, as your actions often suggest then try and be consistent so we can build our relationship. There is no denying that we a very close and good for each other. Its hard for me to not see you as more than a friend when your actions lead others to comment on our relationship status: it isn't just me who finds your actions inconsistent with your words at times.

Don't feel you are protecting me by not sharing your problems: whatever they are, talking is likely to help both of us. Working with you so closely makes it impossible for me to ignore your unhappiness, and I am genuinely concerned and distressed by its existence. You seem to have lost your normal chirpy confidence and I am not the only one to notice this. It has gone on too long: I have not seen you happy for a sustained period of time since we went through that awkward patch in June, when I felt there was something wrong. Four and half months of internal turmoil is too much for anyone to cope with alone.

So please talk to me. Please be true to yourself, drop the acting, admit your problems and be consistent in how you relate to me. In turn, I will endeavour to support you as much as possible, in whatever way I can, as I have been trying my hardest to do in recent weeks, but is becoming very hard with so much uncertainty.

Lots of love,

Me xxx
Dear You,

Please talk to me again.

Love me.
Original post by stariq1
wow....this is exactly what I'm going through atm. I know exactly how you feel

It's a horrible feeling isn't it? I've literally crammed up my days to the max as much as I can cos every time I sit down and think, I think about it all - all over again and wonder what on earth happened.
Dear You,

I never really had you. Your heart always belonged to someone else, but for a while, you made space for me. And that was the best 6 months of my life. On some days I wonder if it was my fault, if I were the one who messed up. I wonder if you would have given me a chance if I had acted differently. Everyone tells us how cute we are together, and it just kills me that nothing will happen between us anymore. You're ruining me. These days I don't know if I should try to win your heart back by being nice and understanding, or to be distant because of what you've done to me. I miss you. And I really want you back.

Love,
Me.
Dear You,

I hope you can see how happy its making me to see you. It's whats keeping me going seeing as you won't talk to me otherwise.

lots and lots and lots of love,

me xxxxxxx
Dear you,
I like you. a lot. I wish you felt the same. maybe one day you'll realise.
love from me xxx
Dear you,

We started out as something casual. We were open about other sexual encounters with different people. It was all exhilarating, and made me feel like a bit of a rebel as I'd never done something like it before. Now, I like you more than I want to. I don't think you feel the same way. I don't want to stop seeing you, but I don't know how to slow down my developing feelings! You have so much history with your ex girlfriend and your son, but I can't help but still like you even though I know you are thinking about going back to them. Deep down, even though I don't want to ever label us as "boyfriend and girlfriend", I sort of wish you'd put a firm end to you and her and commit a little bit more to me. That makes me feel awful saying that, because I know you have a son together and should be a family, but in reality it's not some fairytale with a happy ending and I know you've told me that you don't love her and don't want to be with her, and instead want to go back for all the wrong reasons, i.e. because it's cheaper living, because you don't want to see her with another man, because her house is nicer than yours. I can't say all this to you, so TSR, here you are.

Love me.
For two different people.

Dear you,

You're amazing and I don't know what to do about so many things. If it wasn't for you my life would be so different now. But, thank you so much. However, you sometimes annoy me a bit when you don't reply... but I don't mind because how I feel about you makes that disappear!
Will be awkward if you see this. At least I haven't written much :tongue:
Well you know,

Me. x

Dear you,

I'm sorry for all the trouble I caused you. I was just immature but then again you're a bit of a ****! If you do what I think you are/want to do I may want to kill you. Even if I've hurt you in the past I don't see how that is right. If she has any sense I won't ever have this problem. I also sort of miss you if I'm honest so once you've finished the phase you're in please send me a message and maybe we can be friends again. It's not the most fun trying to hide from you at school because I want the phase to be over as fast as possible. Or not being with the friends that I have been with for 4 years. If it wasn't for me you would have never been so close to them. You may have been friends but you would have had no reason to spend all free time with them. I'm also sorry things didn't actually work out. You're normally such a nice guy just sometimes well you know...

Me

This is going to make no sense to anyone else. Why the hell am I going to do this? Mehhh, I'm not reading through.

Edit: Just read this through. oh my! I'm slightly confused about what my feelings were back then!
(edited 10 years ago)
I still miss you even though since you have left my life has superficially been so positive. Met loads of people and some girls have expressed attention. But my heart craves you. I miss us sitting in front of the tv and watching our favourite shows. You were my first love and I am glad you still call everyday and love me. I love you too.
Dear you,

I'm so happy now that I'll be seeing you on Saturday! Well, it's kind of mixed emotions... I'm worried in case my feelings come rushing back. I mean, the last time I saw you we were kind of seeing each other, and I haven't seen you since. And your girlfriend will most likely be there, and I really really don't want to talk to her. It's been over a freaking year and I still get annoyed when you talk about her. Haha, I bumped into her earlier this week, and I just really don't understand why I'm still acting as I was last year. Of course I hide this from you and everyone else, but yeah, it's confusing.
I seriously can't wait though. I hope I don't make the usual fool of myself, like I did when o got lost when o got off the train -.- I was so embarassed... and i just kept making it worse for myself, too. Luckily you found it hilarious, I hope you weren't just being polite haha!
But yeah, I'll probably trip up and break stuff as my entrance, I've become even more clumsy since you last saw me. I know that's hard to believe.

Love, me :smile: x
Dear you,

CAN YOU STOP INTERRUPTING ME PLEASE AND JUST LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY??!!!! Jeezo you're meant to be my "best friend".

Me.

Dear you,

I'm super-duper excited. I hope you weren't just inviting everone and anyone you know... and I apologize in advance but I'm going to have to come in work clothes... hehe :smile:

Love from me xx
Dear you,

Why did you just throw me away like that...
Reply 1392
Dear you,

COME BACK lol, I'm bored, I wanna have another convo, out convos are always interesting, but I don't wanna say hi first cause,, I just dunno lol but whatever!

From,

The most amazing friend you'll ever have

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Dear You,
I've moved on now, but I don't think I'll ever feel the way you made me feel ever again. Even now when I see someone who looks like you my heart stops and I do a double take in the hope that you've come back. I'll always love you, even after everything. Take care.
Dear you,

I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna get in touch with you after the split. I think next week would be good...I still want you in my life and I already feel over you while I'm here at uni.
The tough time will be seeing you face to face but I will be honest to you of where I stand when I get in contact again....

I loved you, you may still love me.

Love
Me

Dear You,

I'm home and I can't wait to surprise you. I wanna see the look on your face when I just show up.
You're the one person who I CAN NOT lose.

Love
Me.
Original post by dandaman0808
Dear you,

I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna get in touch with you after the split. I think next week would be good...I still want you in my life and I already feel over you while I'm here at uni.
The tough time will be seeing you face to face but I will be honest to you of where I stand when I get in contact again....

I loved you, you may still love me.

Love
Me

Think very very carefully.
Original post by Anonymous
Dear You,

I'm home and I can't wait to surprise you. I wanna see the look on your face when I just show up.
You're the one person who I CAN NOT lose.

Love
Me.

If only every couple did this for each other. So cute :cute:.

Dear You,

I love you, I really do and although you know this, I feel like you don't realise how much. I know we have our issues, many flaws, pretty much on my side but isn't a relationship with love about loving each other no matter what, accepting and even loving flaws and just helping each other through the bad times, 'cause the good times is what makes you the happiest and you wouldn't want to lose that person because you love them?

So why do I feel like you hate me? Infact I feel you hate me more than like and that love doesn't come into this for you? Maybe it's just me being stupid but I know I feel like this for a reason and it's not like things have been perfect right?

You want all this to be perfect and I wish I could be that perfect relationship for you, but when reality hits, you have to realise that no relationship is ever perfect and you'll always come across problems and that will come to show how much you love each other and want to be together because you won't let those ruin you. You will do everything to keep you both together 'cause those obstacles just make you stronger, they make you realise that you can get through the bad times 'cause you both so in love with each other that it's all worth it.

I'm sorry I 'cause so many issues, especially speaking to somebody you would rather me not and now that's all sorted.

I just want you here + I know you can't be and I hate that :frown:

I love you,
<3
Original post by Anonymous
Think very very carefully.

Have. I take it all back XD I'm like a bloody see-saw at the mo with all this ****. Went to +1 ya but couldn't so I'm guessing you've helped me out in my threads :biggrin: Appreciate it.
Original post by dandaman0808
Have. I take it all back XD I'm like a bloody see-saw at the mo with all this ****. Went to +1 ya but couldn't so I'm guessing you've helped me out in my threads :biggrin: Appreciate it.

I know that feeling, don't worry, s'all about time bro. How have you been getting on?

Latest

Trending

Trending