The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arcanine
So you'd turn it into a car thats far worse?

How is it worse? It's been genuinely modified into a brilliant little car. The guy's done everything, lightened flywheel, upgraded gearbox, upgraded suspension, stripped, rollcage, upgraded exhaust, loads of stuff.

I know the styling is probably not to a lot of people's taste but I think he's managed to get it spot on, the car is lowered to an attractive level while still being functional, the spoiler is sporty but not obscene, the stripe is cheeky rather than tacky and the small splitter and sideskirts fit with the track-day car feel while also looking great.
Reply 81
Ask for the 1.3 version.
Throw an absolute hissy fit that my parents dare buy me a car that I didn't want.
Original post by markread45
what would you do?

A Car is CertaiNly Better than NO Car! :tongue:
Reply 84
having a mirca i rather not have a car to waste money on/
Reply 85
having a mirca i rather not have a car to waste money on/

I think you are too immature for the road anyway. Just say you don't want a car at all then. Simple :rolleyes:
A car is a car, and as long as it does the job then I don't care.
Lol they ain't poor if they giving me £5000 and that does't include i insurance which they pay on top. They just don't want me getting a fast car which i think any sensible parent would think off but your parents aint sensible dr bad manners are they.

Are they giving you £5000 or buying you a car? Lets get the story straight first before we start the e-fistycuffs.
who said anything about being offered a car? if it was offered to me for nothing I'd be all over it, I just took it to mean some rule they were trying to impose on the type of car they'd let OP buy.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 89
I'd say "Well it's **** all to do with you, I don't ask you for anything, I always pay my way and I've worked myself into the ground to buy a car in a job you know full well sucks, why are you trying to dictate what I buy?"

I'm assuming the OPs parents are buying him a car? "No I couldn't take it, it's too much"
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 90
Beggars can't be choosers, I'd be grateful.
Though my honest opinion is the last 2 models of the Micra have been heavy and underpowered and therefore have poor power to weight ratio. In general I have found that all Micra's do not have a good handling chassis in comparison to other cars in it's class.
Reply 91
spot on fosters
Reply 92
As much as I can see where everyone's coming from with regards to being thankful and appreciative, surely if somebody's parents are spending that sort of money (£5,000 is a large chunk of cash, regardless of situation!) then they should get the best they can for it, and use the money for something that will be appreciated as much as possible.

Which, in all likeliness, would not be a micra.

Latest

Trending

Trending