The Student Room Group

help with what I'm thinking?!!!

so here's the thing,
I'm madly in love with my girlfriend I love her to bits, but recently I just haven't been feeling as close to her or as in love as I did feel. I guess I have been getting pretty worried about next year, you know, the whole different uni thing :/ :/
Plus loads of ma mates have broken up with their girlfriends recently and so maybe I'm thinking it's what we should do too?!
How do I stop myself thinking this, I don't want to lose her but I don't want to feel like this :/ :frown:
please help!
Reply 1
It's just because the hooneymoon period is over. it happens.

Don't break up with her just because your friends have broken up with theirs, that's silly.

The best thing to do is talk to her about your worries, you never know, she may be thinking the same things too!
Reply 2
This happened with my relationship before uni; my boyfriend became worried about the exact same thing, and I'm glad that he spoke to me about it so that we could discuss all the possibilities and reassure one another (so this could be a good choice for you, as well). At first it was pretty tough being apart, and we cooled off our relationship for a couple of months so we could readjust to our new lives; but after all of that, it's continued to work out just fine! If anything, we're closer than we ever were because we went through that and we still get to see each other once or twice a week, which is plenty for us. It is a really big change to go from seeing each other every day to once a week or less, but if you find it still works out then that's great.
A lot of people choose to do the whole "being single for freshers" thing so they have freedom to do whatever they want; but when any flings are over, if you don't find someone you genuinely like, you'll probably end up missing what you threw away just for that initial "fun". In my opinion it's definitely worth just working through these worries together and seeing how things go; if you're meant to be with her, you'll find a way to always make it work. If you're meant to end up with someone at uni, then that'll find a way to happen instead. Best wishes! (:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending