Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by LucyMaguire
Thank you :smile:
What college did you apply for? :smile:

Trinity hall :biggrin:
Original post by FranRose
Trinity hall :biggrin:

Very nice! I've applied for Pembroke, my interview is tomorrow ahhhh!
Did they ask you for your opinion on any current affairs issues such as Syria?

Any last minute advice? :biggrin:
Original post by FranRose
Hey, I had my interview today for HSPS so if anyone has any questions (within reason, I can't remember everything!) I'd be happy to answer

Well done on getting through your interview!

Just wondered if they ask you specific current affairs questions? (middle east, etc)
Reply 583
Waiting for my flight across the pond for my interview on Friday! Any other internationals out there? And does anybody know if we'll need/ be expected to know much about the EU? I know the outline and all, but I can't name all the leaders and such.
Original post by addyebell
Waiting for my flight across the pond for my interview on Friday! Any other internationals out there? And does anybody know if we'll need/ be expected to know much about the EU? I know the outline and all, but I can't name all the leaders and such.

My guess is that you should know a little something about Mandela and should be prepared for a question about a 'political inspiration' or something along those lines
I doubt they'll get us to recite all the world leaders but hey, I guess stranger things have happened xD
Also - I'm there Friday! :biggrin: If you see me pottering around Cambridge I'll be the girl in the grey and tartan blazer, in a wheelchair :3 Feel free to say hi!
Original post by Portia1993
My guess is that you should know a little something about Mandela and should be prepared for a question about a 'political inspiration' or something along those lines
I doubt they'll get us to recite all the world leaders but hey, I guess stranger things have happened xD
Also - I'm there Friday! :biggrin: If you see me pottering around Cambridge I'll be the girl in the grey and tartan blazer, in a wheelchair :3 Feel free to say hi!

My interview is on Friday too! Might see you there :-P
Anyone have an interview on Sunday? I have mine at Jesus college!
Reply 587
Original post by fatimaja
Hi,

Is anyone doing or has already done the TSA? My college said i am not permitted to bring in a calculator- does this mean there will be maths questions?! I thought the TSA for HSPS was without maths?

Don't worry (well, at least not about the maths questions), I already did mine and it was without maths. I think they just send out the same mail to everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 588
does anybody know what to expect of the "written test" at st.john's? my interview is on tuesday, and I have no clue how this written test might look like.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by taki2013
does anybody know what to expect of the "written test" at st.john's? my interview is on tuesday, and I have no clue how this written test might look like.

Mine was essay based if that helps
Obviously I can't tell you the questions but I had an hour to write 2 essays

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 590
Original post by Portia1993
Mine was essay based if that helps
Obviously I can't tell you the questions but I had an hour to write 2 essays

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you.
just two questions or did you have to summarize a passage?
open essay questions are cool.
I was afraid that it is going to look like this: http://www.joh.cam.ac.uk/mml-written-test-sample

best of luck to you.
Reply 591
All done with interviews and I actually had a really great time! The first interview and essay could have gone a bit better, but overall no complaints. For those of you left to go, you know I can't answer specific questions, but I can say this: stop, breathe, and appreciate the day for what it is. You'll be talking about what you love with leading experts and meeting people from around the world. It's fun if you let yourself enjoy it :smile: Good luck to everyone!
Reply 592
Got an offer for Corpus Christi today!!! Any offers yet? :biggrin:
Original post by Shehr

Hey I got an offer from Homerton! :smile:
Reply 594
Original post by Shehr

Hello, I got an offer at Newnham!!
Original post by Shehr

Wolfson!!
Reply 596
Original post by aquilagirl801234
Hey I got an offer from Homerton! :smile:

Original post by addyebell
Hello, I got an offer at Newnham!!

Original post by gouratiltzen
Wolfson!!

Yayyy! Congratulations!! :biggrin:
Original post by Shehr
Yayyy! Congratulations!! :biggrin:

So ridiculously excited to start the course its unreal!!! What papers do you think you'll want to do?
Reply 598
Original post by aquilagirl801234
So ridiculously excited to start the course its unreal!!! What papers do you think you'll want to do?

Me too, I'm in LOVE with the course! It was so difficult to papers because I loved them all! I want to focus on Politics and IR, and I love Biological Anthro just for fun :tongue: and probably psychology!

What about you?:biggrin:
Original post by Shehr
Me too, I'm in LOVE with the course! It was so difficult to papers because I loved them all! I want to focus on Politics and IR, and I love Biological Anthro just for fun :tongue: and probably psychology!

What about you?:biggrin:

Bio anth, social anth, psychology, then cultures of Egypt and Mesopotamia I think. I know. Kind of a weird combo though.
I'd applied for combinations of anthropology and psychology everywhere else so it was really quite alarming to be interviewed by a politician then a sociologist! Was convinced they were dire and I wouldn't get in but I was so pleasantly surprised :biggrin:
What were your interviews like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending