Guys I just got an interview offer for Newnham!! eeeeeee so happy

Omg congrats!
Original post by interloustellar

Congratulations! :smile:
Thank you ☺️
@rissanicole14 when will king's free us from this arduous mystery D:
Original post by sophia1928
Has anyone who isn't an international applicant received an interview offer from Kings College? Starting to get worried now.

there's no need to be worried - on the applicant information page it shows how many subjects have sent their offers off, and not that many have as of yet. Also, most offers are sent in late november, so we just have to wait :smile:
Just got the invite to the interview now!!! The stress begins💪🏽😭
Original post by Sulei06

which college did you apply for?
Original post by kakerlake
there's no need to be worried - on the applicant information page it shows how many subjects have sent their offers off, and not that many have as of yet. Also, most offers are sent in late november, so we just have to wait :smile:

Thank you, i'm just pretty sure i'm going to be rejected but I just want to know... the wait is killing me.
Original post by christiha
@rissanicole14 when will king's free us from this arduous mystery D:

I know :frown: I'm so anxious! They haven't updated the applicant information page, i wonder what subjects they sent out invites for yesterday.
Original post by rissanicole14
That's awesome!! I speak a small amount of German and 'Deutsch' is just one of the words I knew :lol: It's amazing that you know three languages! Most Americans know only English and don't even speak it too well lol...it's something I admire about Europe, that people are encouraged to learn different languages.

I can't believe you've seen him in so many places :colondollar: that's really neat.
your brother has good taste! I love meeting other fans, since his fan base is smaller than other artists'.

I haven't heard back from my college yet :frown: constantly refreshing my email though. I am applying mainly to American schools since I feel there is a very small chance I'd ever actually get into Cambridge, and also because it might just be easier to study undergraduate in US and then do graduate school elsewhere. I just want to have the option of American unis open in case I am still undecided by the time April/May rolls around.

Where else are you applying?

Yeah, I think without my brother, I'd be listening to horrible stuffs. You are on the right side of music lovers.

For this language stuff, it's true that I'm very lucky to speak three languages, but I'd say that 90% of French people can't speak something else than French, same for the British with English. But at the very moment you are in Eastern Europe, suddenly, all people speak at least two languages, and they still don't call them bilingual because they always think that there's one language they speak better than the others, and they have some lacunas with the others. That's why I don't say I speak three languages, but that I speak French, and I speak quite a good English and German.

But I mean, isn't it better for you to go to British unis, since even if you're charged as international, it's still cheaper than the US ones ? Unless you have tons of scholarships etc? Sorry but I'm not really familiar with US universities and I still can't believe how expensive it is (UK now as well is quite expensive, that's why I love France, you only pay 200 euros, and only 5 if you parents don't earn enough)...
And there are some students in my school applying for US schools, and is it me or what they have to do is HUUUUGE (I actually said that with Trump's voice in my head) ??? In addition to SATs, they have to do countless of essays and other stuffs, oh god, even Cambridge doesn't ask that much I feel.

And I'm applying to Edinburgh, Glasgow (I just love Scotland), LSE which I've been rejected from (they said my PS wasn't strong enough, but my PS got reviewed by someone who had "first-class honors" in Cambridge, and nobody in my school got into LSE, even that one girl who finally ended up in Harvard and this other guy who ended up in Princeton. The legend in my school is that we don't fit the profile they're looking for. Somehow I had the interview in Cambridge, but I didn't even get through the first stage of admission at LSE. YES, I am ANGRY.), and UCL.

Have you received your invitation ? and the others ?
Downing @sophia1928
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 991
Original post by interloustellar

Congrats. Excellent job!!!

Are you an international student?
Reply 992
Original post by Sulei06

Congrats, well deserved. Ae you an international student?
Original post by Raaaa
Congrats, well deserved. Ae you an international student?

yes, originally born in the UK, but living in South Africa
Thank you and congratulations!!! @Sulei06
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 995
Original post by amukaty
are you applying for government at lse?

Government and economics ! I haven't had a decision from them yet but my teacher says the weed out the weaker responses bit by bit so the longer it takes the more likely you are to get a place!
I got my interview invite from Downing!! So much stress ahead....
Original post by Becca227
I got my interview invite from Downing!! So much stress ahead....

Congrats :smile: And come on, we can do it (*trying to convince myself*)
Original post by joemfm
Hey Guys, didn't realise this place existed.

Name : Joe
Predicted Grades: A*A*A
Subjects: Maths, Politics and Computer Science (Yes, its a weird mix)
College: Robinson.

Good luck to everyone applying. Just hoping I get an interview now.... :ahhhhh:

Have you heard anything!?
Original post by Sulei06
Anyone heard from downing yet?

Hey, I met someone literally today who heard from downing for HSPS, she received her interview invitation today

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending