The Student Room Group

Cambridge Human, Social and Political Sciences (HSPS) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Well since this thread is active again, let me all wish you a good luck on Thursday, and it's not the end of the world if we don't get in (no no, I'm not trying at all to convince myself, not at all)
well I just got rejected. Good luck to everyone else
Reply 1182
Original post by Sulei06
Ayone received any news from Cambridge yet??

rejected
Good luck
Original post by awd1998
well I just got rejected. Good luck to everyone else

Sorry to hear that:/ I'm sure you'll get accepted into another brilliant uni. Which college did you apply to? And thanks for the luck, we'all need it:P
Reply 1184
Original post by Sulei06
Sorry to hear that:/ I'm sure you'll get accepted into another brilliant uni. Which college did you apply to? And thanks for the luck, we'all need it:P

It's Emmanuel. Fingers crossed for you!
I just got an offer from Jesus!
Original post by wolfmoon88
Decisions come out on Thursday.

Unless people got a pool interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

got rejected by them on 12th. Got offers from LSE,UCL AND KCL and uni of manchester for social sciences. Reall gutted. But have not asked for feedback yet. Applied to newnham collage.
Original post by aisha 56
got rejected by them on 12th. Got offers from LSE,UCL AND KCL and uni of manchester for social sciences. Reall gutted. But have not asked for feedback yet. Applied to newnham collage.

:console: :frown:

What is your second choice?
:console: :frown:

What is your second choice?

LSE. what about you?

my interviews went really well actually. maybe others were even better.
LSE. what about you?

my interviews went really well actually. maybe others were even better.

St Andrews probably.

Maybe :smile: you'll probably see in the feedback!

Are you considering reapplication?
St Andrews probably.

Maybe :smile: you'll probably see in the feedback!

Are you considering reapplication?

definitely not. LSE seems a good uni with high opportunities. Just depends on how you use those opps to get where you want get to. For social sciences LSE seems a good choice.

One of the professors who interviewed me she said that "I did my undergrad at Nottingham and masters at cambs . don't put too much weight on this cambs oxford".

Yes going to cambs would have given me a good headstart but it all depends on our hard work.

which course are you going to do at Andrews?
definitely not. LSE seems a good uni with high opportunities. Just depends on how you use those opps to get where you want get to. For social sciences LSE seems a good choice.

One of the professors who interviewed me she said that "I did my undergrad at Nottingham and masters at cambs . don't put too much weight on this cambs oxford".

Yes going to cambs would have given me a good headstart but it all depends on our hard work.

which course are you going to do at Andrews?

That's completely right :smile:

Sustainable Development
Hi.

Congrats to all those who were successful.

I've just been rejected by Oxford for PPE and I'm thinking of applying for HSPS.

Is it true that you are guaranteed an interview if you have 3 A* grades?

Also with Cambridge considering UMS, what is considered a good UMS total? They state that "We will look particularly closely at the average Uniform Mark Scheme, or UMS, of your best three subjects at A Level"
Does this mean the total from A2 exams only or the complete a level?
And does being on the borderline of an A* constitute a 'good' UMS score?

Thanks in advance.
Original post by patrickwahins
Hi.

I've just been rejected by Oxford for PPE and I'm thinking of applying for HSPS.

Also with Cambridge considering UMS, what is considered a good UMS total? They state that "We will look particularly closely at the average Uniform Mark Scheme, or UMS, of your best three subjects at A Level"

Thanks in advance.

Yes. 3 A* will qualify for auto-pooling.

Most A-levels no longer have UMS so this is less relevant. Will your A-levels have it? 3 A* would make you a competitive candidate for HSPS even if they are "borderline"...
Original post by jneill
Yes. 3 A* will qualify for auto-pooling.

Most A-levels no longer have UMS so this is less relevant. Will your A-levels have it? 3 A* would make you a competitive candidate for HSPS even if they are "borderline"...

Thank-you.
Reply 1195
Original post by patrickwahins
Hi.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, just to say how do you reapply? do you mean UCAS extra or clearing? cuz I am rejected by Cambridge and would like to try again.
Original post by Yo217
Hi, just to say how do you reapply? do you mean UCAS extra or clearing? cuz I am rejected by Cambridge and would like to try again.

You have to wait until the next cycle, ie. Oct 2017 and do a fresh application from scratch. You also have to give up any offers you are holding.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1197
Original post by jneill
You have to wait until the next cycle, ie. Oct 2017 and do a fresh application from scratch. You also have to give up any offers you are holding.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for replying! Just to confirm, that Cambridge is not open in UCAS extra nor Clearing?
Original post by Yo217
Thank you for replying! Just to confirm, that Cambridge is not open in UCAS extra nor Clearing?

No, nor Adjustment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1199
Original post by jneill
No, nor Adjustment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending