The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Edge Hill Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BlueSmarties
What do people make of the freshers wristbands? Undecided whether to buy one or not. I know a number of people who are now second years and the opinion varies. One of my mates says he lost his after the second night whereas others thought they were worth it. I'll admit, I'm more than likely going to lose it so I'm not sure. I'm not bothered about paying the admission fees however do the wristbands get you ahead of others? If the venue is holding 800 and the capacity is 900 are they going to turn away those without wristbands for those with?

Hey :smile: I'm a second year, I didn't get one last year and a lot of others didn't either. I never got turned away from any of the events, the venue makes money out of you paying to get in and from buying drinks etc, they won't turn people away because they'll lose money! The people with wristbands don't get in ahead of others either! It just depends if it's worthwhile for you, there were 2 or 3 events I didn't fancy going to last year, so for me it wasn't worthwhile me getting one (it worked out cheaper not to get one!). If you want to go to every single event then it's probably worthwhile but if you don't it might be cheaper not to get one :smile:
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 181
i have been given forest court :smile: maple! what are these wristbands what do they do?! havent read my welcome pack properly yet which is probably why i dont have a clue woops! :smile: x
Original post by rebecca-o
i have been given forest court :smile: maple! what are these wristbands what do they do?! havent read my welcome pack properly yet which is probably why i dont have a clue woops! :smile: x

Hey :smile: with a freshers wristband, you don't have to pay to get into the freshers events, if you want to go to every single event then it's cheaper to buy a wristband. Have a read through your freshers info and all will become clear, quote or pm if you want to know anything else and congrats on getting in! :smile:
Reply 183
Hey, I am going to Edge Hill through clearing, has anyone else decided on this and found that there is no accommodation left!?
Original post by koalawala
didnt get into halls :frown: anyone else in the same position? im going on saturday to the meet and greet so hoping to find something! think ill end up in liverpool city centre x

Yeah, I'm the same. I'm going on Saturday and hopefully gonna look at the place in Liverpool :biggrin:
Reply 185
im just a bit gutted that if we have to live in liverpool that we will have to pay more to live there?! 21 pound extra a week! :frown: x
I'm a bit gutted about that too, but at least I'll have somewhere to live! Besides, I love Liverpool so it's ideal for me :biggrin:
Reply 187
what are u studying? i already live in liverpool so not too bad i suppose! :smile:
Reply 188
Original post by Hannah124
Hey :smile: I'm a second year, I didn't get one last year and a lot of others didn't either. I never got turned away from any of the events, the venue makes money out of you paying to get in and from buying drinks etc, they won't turn people away because they'll lose money! The people with wristbands don't get in ahead of others either! It just depends if it's worthwhile for you, there were 2 or 3 events I didn't fancy going to last year, so for me it wasn't worthwhile me getting one (it worked out cheaper not to get one!). If you want to go to every single event then it's probably worthwhile but if you don't it might be cheaper not to get one :smile:

Where do you get the wristbands from and how much do they cost?
Original post by ARWadsley
Where do you get the wristbands from and how much do they cost?

I don't know how much they are this year but last year they were £35, and you get them by ringing 01695657301 , they'll be able to tell you how much they are too! :smile:
Reply 190
Original post by Carroon
Hey, I am going to Edge Hill through clearing, has anyone else decided on this and found that there is no accommodation left!?

Yep, my boyfriend is going to Edge Hill through clearing and yeah there's no accommodation left at all, he's getting sent an email tomorrow about helping him to get a flat or something in Ormskirk or Liverpool or something!
Reply 191
Original post by Hannah124
I don't know how much they are this year but last year they were £35, and you get them by ringing 01695657301 , they'll be able to tell you how much they are too! :smile:

Oh! Not many of the freshers week things appeal to me at all anyways so I probably won't bother :P
Original post by ARWadsley
Oh! Not many of the freshers week things appeal to me at all anyways so I probably won't bother :P

It was the same with me, they rarely sell out so even if you change your mind they are normally still available to buy on 'Welcome Sunday' anyway!
Reply 193
I'm in Millner - Chancellors Court. Room MI101
Original post by koalawala
what are u studying? i already live in liverpool so not too bad i suppose! :smile:

Sorry for the late replies! I'm studying Media and Music! And you? I live in Rainhill technically, but it's just easier to say Liverpool :biggrin:
Reply 195
Im in room WN202 Wilson chancellors court anyone else that has the same? :smile:
Reply 196
im doing midwifery :smile: will prob see u saturday then - lets hope we get somewhere to live :s-smilie:
Yeah, hopefully we both find somewhere to live. Good luck!
Reply 198
Off to edge hill to do adult nursing, so excited :smile:. I shall be commuting each day though and hoping to go out on some nights of freshers, depending if I can get a hotel haha! I wont know anybody when I start so I am very nervous xx
I've been allocated lady openshaw catered accommodation. If anyone wants to swap from any other accommodation, please let me know!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending