The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Edge Hill Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kerryglover
Don't think they would expect you to travel all that way lol. What are you going to be studying.

Yeah they emailed me back so I know now to post them it instead :smile: I'm doing Early Years Professional Practice and Leadership (provided my exams go well!) How about you? :smile: I haven't seen anyone else on here saying they're doing the same course as me.
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 101
Original post by Volcom3dom
laundry is around a quid each for washing and drying

thank you :smile:
Original post by seventwoseven
Yeah they emailed me back so I know now to post them it instead :smile: I'm doing Early Years Professional Practice and Leadership (provided my exams go well!) How about you? :smile: I haven't seen anyone else on here saying they're doing the same course as me.

I'm doing ba hons in early education with qts. Prof practice and leadership was my back up option incase i didnt get on the teacher training. Our paths may still cross as we doing early years. Just waiting now for pre course info booklet dont think it will be long now as pgce students have theirs now.
Original post by kerryglover
I'm doing ba hons in early education with qts. Prof practice and leadership was my back up option incase i didnt get on the teacher training. Our paths may still cross as we doing early years. Just waiting now for pre course info booklet dont think it will be long now as pgce students have theirs now.

Yeah, I have my booklet although I must admit I haven't really looked at it yet, I've been knee deep in revision. Really nervous I'm not going to get in now! I think I'm just so excited that it's making me nervous I'll mess up... :P
Original post by seventwoseven
Yeah, I have my booklet although I must admit I haven't really looked at it yet, I've been knee deep in revision. Really nervous I'm not going to get in now! I think I'm just so excited that it's making me nervous I'll mess up... :P

Hope all goes well with your exams think there are a lot of people on here the same just waiting to get exams over with and have their results. Dont suppose you can relax and look forward to uni until you have your results. Good luck and just try your best. :smile:
Reply 105
is anyone applying for the excellence scholarship???
Original post by LukeD11
Hi guys. Im a current student at Edge Hill and would be more than happy to answer any of your questions you still have about studying at Edge Hill :smile:.

Hey, do you live in the Forest Court or know much about it? I have some questions about what is and isn't included and the website and accommodation documents aren't detailed at all...
Reply 107
Hey,

Ive applied for accomodation but was told at the open day you need to be over 15 miles away, im 14.7 :frown: does anyone know what happens if we dont get halls???
Original post by koalawala
Hey,

Ive applied for accomodation but was told at the open day you need to be over 15 miles away, im 14.7 :frown: does anyone know what happens if we dont get halls???

Hey, yeah - they have a day where all the people looking for rented accommodation (ie all the people who didn't get halls) come in so you can find a few people to house or flat share with.
I don't think the case is you WON'T get halls, but you won't get priority (for example you wouldn't get priority over me as I live 300 miles away XD)
Reply 109
Starting the TV & Film Production course in September
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 110
Starting the Adult Nursing course here in September.. I cannot wait :biggrin:
I'm about to go into my 2nd year at Edge Hill. I have a house in ormskirk which I don't want to live in anymore, for personal reasons I have to live at home this year. If anyone needs a house in ormskirk then please quote or message me. It's £90-95 a week including bills and is an en-suite room (with a bath!) It's sharing with 4 second year girls, all on teaching courses!

Hannah x
Hey,

I've got a room available in Ormskirk, if you're interested. £90-95 a week, including bills. It's an en suite room with a bath sharing with four second year girls, message me if interested :smile: x
Hey,

I have the same issue myself. I've applied for accommodation, but I live about 13 miles away. Edge Hill can help you find accommodation elsewhere if needs be, including giving you names of different companies who can help you. Also, there might be others who might ask if you want to rent a place with them. You can even find people on here who are looking for roommates. Edge Hill are also building new halls, and they might be ready for September, but that's not a guarantee.
Every student about to go on a TV/Film Production Course should listen to this
Hi if you are about to spend a lot of money on a TV/Film Production course you really should take a moment and listen to this BBC radio broadcast.

It's what they wont tell you on a uni open day - and is very insightful about future employment possibilities upon graduating. Just remember many are called - few are chosen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01l7wqh

The basic thrust of it is this - whilst uni's will always tell you about the few successes on their courses (and of course there will always be some) they don't really fess up about how workers in the media are hired and the lack of a regular employment pattern once you are lucky enough to get in.

New research presented at the British Sociological Association's 2012 conference claimed that middle class people hoard job opportunities in the UK TV and film industry. In a pre- recorded interview from the conference, Professor Irena Grugulis, suggests to Laurie Taylor that working class people don't get these jobs because they don't have the right accents, clothes, backgrounds or friends. Indeed, it's hard to find an area of the economy where connections and contacts are more significant. But is this mainly due to structural changes in the industry rather than to class based prejudice? The media expert, Sir Peter Bazalgette and Professor of Sociology, Mike Savage, respond to this research and explore nepotism, networking and discrimination in the media world and beyond.

Remember you don't need a media degree to get into telly in the first place - in fact many companies prefer you to have a more intellectually rigorous qualification from a reputable uni rather than a former poly.

Do listen and consider it.
Original post by Hannah124
I'm about to go into my 2nd year at Edge Hill. I have a house in ormskirk which I don't want to live in anymore, for personal reasons I have to live at home this year. If anyone needs a house in ormskirk then please quote or message me. It's £90-95 a week including bills and is an en-suite room (with a bath!) It's sharing with 4 second year girls, all on teaching courses!

Hannah x

I am a first year male student studying health and school sport, I definitely would not mind this. very attracting offer in many ways.
Original post by 05simpsonm
I am a first year male student studying health and school sport, I definitely would not mind this. very attracting offer in many ways.

I think I've found someone to fill this but if she pulls out I'll let you know, have you applied for accommodation at Edge Hill at all? :smile:
Original post by Hannah124
I think I've found someone to fill this but if she pulls out I'll let you know, have you applied for accommodation at Edge Hill at all? :smile:

yes I have applied for the ****ty accomodation where showers are shared and bog roll is like sandpaper.
Going to be here from September, opted for it over Huddersfield in the end. Waiting on my accommodation, hoping I'm not lumped with the shared bathrooms.
When do we find out if we have accommodation or not???

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation Z710e

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending