The Student Room Group

How British are you?

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/make-bradford-british/articles/channel-4-citizenship-test

I got 15/24 and subsequently failed. :ashamed2:
The pass mark is 75%.
Post your scores.

E: I did guess a lot btw.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got 8/24.
Pretty shameful really but I guess your just not told these things when your only 17.
Reply 2
Original post by worker13
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/make-bradford-british/articles/channel-4-citizenship-test

I got 15/24 and subsequently failed. :ashamed2:
The pass mark is 75%.
Post your scores.

Tbh I'm shocked (me I mean!) I find these are things that I personally take for granted, and know little about. Being keen on History and Economics I knew some of the questions through outside knowledge, but I mean, if I were not an actual British Citizen, I'd be out on my ear!

:'( I got like 9 / 24 haha
(edited 12 years ago)
10/24 = 42%

And to be honest I guessed the vast majority. If they weren't multiple choice I would have got 2 or 3 at the most.

Most of it however has little relevance in my opinion, and shouldn't really be a factor we judge immigrants on.

I wouldn't expect many of my family or friends to pass that test, and so it would be unfair to expect a foreigner to. Perhaps learning some more relevant and useful information would be better.
Reply 4
Uhm........54% extempore . Guess I ain't be changing passports any time soon ,will I ?
Reply 5
Original post by ROSSYROO
Tbh I'm shocked (me I mean!) I find these are things that I personally take for granted, and know little about. Being keen on History and Economics I knew some of the questions through outside knowledge, but I mean, if I were not an actual British Citizen, I'd be out on my ear!

:'( I got like 9 / 24 haha

As would I. You'd think the test was made this hard so NO one would pass it and be let in. :wink:
8/24 and some of those I only knew because I coincidentaly happened to find out the answer in the last month (and I'm a UK citizen).
Reply 7
People only pass this because there is a book that you buy before you sit the test. It takes only takes a couple of hours to go through the book. It's not really hard to remember the information, the only reason people fail the test when it actually comes to it is because of their poor english (for some, and probably bad memory for others). So basically i felt as if the test was designed to weed out those individuals with bad english.
Reply 8
5/24. I'm 23.

How the **** are you supposed to know these questions? I got 5/24.

I got 1, 3 and 6 right. Then I got 11 wrong in a row. Then I got 18 and 20 right. Then got the last 4 wrong.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by gobananas
People only pass this because there is a book that you buy before you sit the test. It takes only takes a couple of hours to go through the book. It's not really hard to remember the information, the only reason people fail the test when it actually comes to it is because of their poor english (for some, and probably bad memory for others). So basically i felt as if the test was designed to weed out those individuals with bad english.

Can you prove this?

What did you get btw? :smile:
10/24, and I pretty much guessed every question.
Reply 11
Original post by worker13
Can you prove this?

What did you get btw? :smile:

i actually had to do the test and i finished within 15mins, they didn't tell me how much i passed by.
Most people doing the test with me were doing it for the 3rd or 4th time!! They kept on revising from past questions and just hoping the same questions would come up. And they had really poor english, i felt really bad for them, they were spending money each time they went for the test.

http://www.tsoshop.co.uk/bookstore.asp?FO=1278112&DI=630551&TRACKID=002353
(edited 12 years ago)
I got 10/24 and guessed the majority. Oh dear.
15/24 - 63%

I knew a few and guessed the rest.
Reply 14
8/24, guessed most of them!

Some very obscure questions there, which most people really have no need to know. Not really a great way to judge someone's suitability for entry.
Reply 15
Original post by gobananas
i actually had to do the test and i finished within 15mins, they didn't tell me how much i passed by.
Most people doing the test with me were doing it for the 3rd or 4th time!! They kept on revising from past questions and just hoping the same questions would come up. And they had really poor english, i felt really bad for them, they were spending money each time they went for the test.

http://www.tsoshop.co.uk/bookstore.asp?FO=1278112&DI=630551&TRACKID=002353

That's quite depressing.
(edited 12 years ago)
38% :colondollar: Guess I'm not British.
Reply 17
6/24 25%. Guessed almost all of them.
Reply 18
I got 2/24.

I guess I'm not British. :colondollar:
I've got to start looking out for the UK Border Force.
33%

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending