The Student Room Group

2013 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by praj1
OMG you were on the bmat/impeiral thread this year!!!?????....

5A* 4A 2B......nothing special.....i personally think the bmat is key to the whole application there.....beat the cutoff=guarunteed interview!!!

I would never go near the bmat XD. Have much respect for those that do go for it though. You have one more A* than me:tongue:
Reply 381
Hi just wanted to ask, when we apply for our unis do we do it through our school (even though we don’t attend it) or separately (if you can) ?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 382
Original post by Revent
Yup :laugh: Good BMAT but pre interview rejection :p: Tis a shame but oh well.

ahhh what!?...was it that you were below the cut-off? or was it something to do with your actual application?
Reply 383
Original post by Jin3011
I would never go near the bmat XD. Have much respect for those that do go for it though. You have one more A* than me:tongue:

lol....the bmat is a B****

but seriously....if you meet the cutoff your given an interview at imperial...
Original post by manu01
Hi just wanted to ask, when we apply for our unis do we do it through our school (even though we don’t attend it) or separately (if you can) ?

my school are happy for us to do it through them and even for us to pop back in to help with personal statements and stuff but i guess it depends on the school. you can do it individually although i dont know how you go about it
Reply 385
Original post by praj1
ahhh what!?...was it that you were below the cut-off? or was it something to do with your actual application?

6.3 4.9 4A :laugh: Apparently I didn't have leadership skills or something like that.
Original post by Revent
Ah right, fair enough then :p: I've got a full time job until the end of December :biggrin:
Wow, that's awesome! Congrats! :biggrin:

Ah that sucks :frown: Do you have any links for something similar? :o:

Thanks very much!

Take a look at this link:

http://www.teflengland.co.uk/tefl-jobs-asia.asp

This is not with an agency like I went with, but you can do a standard tefl course and then apply for jobs! A few of them require a degree though, but some countries may have lower standards if they desperately want English teachers!
Reply 387
Original post by noregrets
Thanks very much!

Take a look at this link:

http://www.teflengland.co.uk/tefl-jobs-asia.asp

This is not with an agency like I went with, but you can do a standard tefl course and then apply for jobs! A few of them require a degree though, but some countries may have lower standards if they desperately want English teachers!

Thanks! Looking at it now :p:
By the way, if I applied, would I almost certainly get it? I don't want to be doing the course and paying so much money for it and end up with it being pointless :p:
(edited 11 years ago)
HCA for prisoners? :K:

Would you guys go for it?
Reply 389
Original post by This Honest

Saw that job :p: Looked really weird :mmm: Wasn't appealed by it at all :laugh:
Reply 390
Original post by Revent
6.3 4.9 4A :laugh: Apparently I didn't have leadership skills or something like that.

whaaaaaaaaa

thats soo stupid
Reply 391
Original post by praj1
whaaaaaaaaa

thats soo stupid

Meh. lol That's life I guess haha.
Reply 392

THAT would be an experience. Wow. I'm sort of jealous and not jealous at the same time.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 393
Anyone else terrified of getting a B this time around? It looks like most unis want all your exams to be taken within a two year period and I'm not keen on doing them all again. :/
Reply 394
Original post by Toppy
Anyone else terrified of getting a B this time around? It looks like most unis want all your exams to be taken within a two year period and I'm not keen on doing them all again. :/

I'm pretty nervous too
Original post by Toppy

If you did get a B, it wouldn't be a case of having to do them all again for two years, as they'd class that as doing them over four years. Instead, you'd have to reapply to universities that accept resits, unless you got an A* in a different subject, since some universities allow A*AB as entry grades. Good luck!
Reply 396
Original post by CraigKirk
If you did get a B, it wouldn't be a case of having to do them all again for two years, as they'd class that as doing them over four years. Instead, you'd have to reapply to universities that accept resits, unless you got an A* in a different subject, since some universities allow A*AB as entry grades. Good luck!

This is true but I think it limits your choices quite a lot. I suppose it puts you at a disadvantage at places that accept it too.
Reply 397
Hi, I am not sure if this is true but do you have to create a new Pearson Vue account to retake the UKCAT. I can't remember if this true or not, so can someone confirm or deny it please.
Original post by ns94
Hi, I am not sure if this is true but do you have to create a new Pearson Vue account to retake the UKCAT. I can't remember if this true or not, so can someone confirm or deny it please.

I don't think so but you can recover your username and pass like i did <.<
Reply 399
I don't think so but you can recover your username and pass like i did <.<

So it doesn't matter if I use my old account.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending