The Student Room Group

2013 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone mentioned their rejection in their personal statement? Particularly grads if you were unsuccessful when applying during/just after sixth form.
Reply 1581
Original post by manupalace
Has anyone mentioned their rejection in their personal statement? Particularly grads if you were unsuccessful when applying during/just after sixth form.

yeah its in my final paragraph. I am a gap year student btw.
Reply 1582
Original post by Pixie-x
I do have spaces yes, unintentionally though! I found I just needed to delete the odd word, but I have an intro and conclusion and then in the middle two massive paragraphs! :tongue: Where are you applying? :smile:

EDIT: spoke to soon the reason it's shorter is because I accidently deleted a sentence. :rolleyes:

ah okay, Im a bit scared mine is messy and is hard to read because its a block of text but my college said its ok. "hopefully"

I applied leeds,manchester,newcastle and bsms . what about you
Reply 1583
Original post by Polioz
ah okay, Im a bit scared mine is messy and is hard to read because its a block of text but my college said its ok. "hopefully"

I applied leeds,manchester,newcastle and bsms . what about you

I now have one big block with the intro and conclusion separately! To be honest I don't think it's a problem, if it was they'd probably say :smile: it's about the content at the end of the day. I've gone for manchester,lancaster, newcastle and QUB :smile: not where I thought I'd ever be applying but just want the place more than anything!
Reply 1584
Original post by Pixie-x
I now have one big block with the intro and conclusion separately! To be honest I don't think it's a problem, if it was they'd probably say :smile: it's about the content at the end of the day. I've gone for manchester,lancaster, newcastle and QUB :smile: not where I thought I'd ever be applying but just want the place more than anything!

yeah it should be fine :tongue:, I suppose subconciosly the tutor would prefer a clean looking one but I rather have an extra paragraph.

Are you a gap year student as well? what did you get in your ukcat? I got 685. I was thinking of applying QUB because I would get 100% in academics but I think it was too far away from home :tongue:
Reply 1585
Original post by Polioz
yeah it should be fine :tongue:, I suppose subconciosly the tutor would prefer a clean looking one but I rather have an extra paragraph.

Are you a gap year student as well? what did you get in your ukcat? I got 685. I was thinking of applying QUB because I would get 100% in academics but I think it was too far away from home :tongue:

I am yes I got 695, up from 625 last year! Yeh I am worried about having to go to QUB but I thought I'd always regret it if I had no offers and I didn't apply somewhere that I had the best chance. :smile:
Original post by Polioz
yeah its in my final paragraph. I am a gap year student btw.

wait do you have to mention the rejection in the final paragraph ?? Ime a gap year student as well! I havent done that still working on how to constrct my last paragraph thoa :frown:
Just as I was beginning to get nervous because my old school hadn't yet sent off my application, I got a UCAS confirmation email.

Aaaah!!

Now to panic because I haven't yet finished my alternative PS for Durham NatSci and they need it by Saturday..

With regards to mentioning the rejection, I didn't. I mentioned I'm on a gap year and detailed what I'm doing, but I didn't say "I was rejected".
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by TattyBoJangles
Just as I was beginning to get nervous because my old school hadn't yet sent off my application, I got a UCAS confirmation email.

Aaaah!!

Now to panic because I haven't yet finished my alternative PS for Durham NatSci and they need it by Saturday..

With regards to mentioning the rejection, I didn't. I mentioned I'm on a gap year and detailed what I'm doing, but I didn't say "I was rejected".

do u think its bad 2 mention that you are reapllying ? I was thinking it shows dedication but now idk
Original post by lilmissA
do u think its bad 2 mention that you are reapllying ? I was thinking it shows dedication but now idk

I didn't give it all that much thought, to be honest, I just couldn't word it correctly so left it out.
It's mentioned in my reference from school though.
Reply 1590
Original post by EternalDoom
I think i'm probably going to be even more stressed out this year, since I don't have A-level work to keep me busy all the time. But I'll try my best to relax, and get on with other things.

Oh well I am resitting :s-smilie: I have to study anyways but after november I have got only volunteering and language courses to take. I'll probably be in the gym for most of the time lol:biggrin:
Also I was more confident last year. Since I have to resit I feel like I am disadvantaged compared to other applicants. I hope I am wrong!
Reply 1591
Original post by lilmissA

It is not bad I think. It should be in the reference and I think you have to say what u do in your gap year. I mentioned it. 1 paragraph for gap year and 1 for school years etc...
Reply 1592
I don't think it's mentioned anywhere that I'm re-applying, I guess it might be obvious though and I only had a couple of lines outlining my gap year, I'm hoping that I can expand in any interviews I get!
Guys, in the application form, do you need to write module grades in? Or just put the overal GCE advanced level grade and GCE advanced subsidiary grade for all four subjects?
Original post by doctor92
Oh well I am resitting :s-smilie: I have to study anyways but after november I have got only volunteering and language courses to take. I'll probably be in the gym for most of the time lol:biggrin:
Also I was more confident last year. Since I have to resit I feel like I am disadvantaged compared to other applicants. I hope I am wrong!

Haha that's exactly what I'm also doing to pass the time. I'm doing Care in the home volunteering for the British Red Cross, and applied to be a Hospital volunteer at the Royal London Hospital, and I'm also taking weekly Japanese lessons, and signing up this weekend at my local gym. :rolleyes:
Reply 1595
for people concerned about reapplying, universities will know because your ucas ID goes back to your old one once you apply, so '108-------' whereas this years newbies are '109-------'
:h:
Original post by alt31
for people concerned about reapplying, universities will know because your ucas ID goes back to your old one once you apply, so '108-------' whereas this years newbies are '109-------'
:h:

Do we start getting our acknowledgements after the deadline? :smile:
What about us old-ones with 103..... ID's :P mine is still the same from applying for my undergraduate degree!
Original post by lcsurfer
What about us old-ones with 103..... ID's :P mine is still the same from applying for my undergraduate degree!

:eek: 103!! Wow :tongue:
Reply 1599
Ucas sent :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending