The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick offer letter.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mafiozos
I have received an offer letter saying the following:
"Further to your application to the MSc in Business Analytics & Consulting at Warwick Business School, I am delighted to inform you that the programme’s Admissions Panel has made a recommendation to the University’s Postgraduate Admissions Office for admission to the programme. Please note that this is not an official offer - all departmental recommendations are subject to formal verification and approval by the University. You will normally receive official notification of the University’s final decision by email within 4 weeks."

Anyone who have received the same?Any rough estimate for the likelihood to get accepted?

I applied and got the same email which was followed by an offer. I was fortunate enough to receive the offer within 7 days of my application :smile: So I;m pretty sure that's an offer!!! Congrats!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 21
"Further to your application to the Business Analytics and Consulting programme, we regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you a place on this course. We are sorry to give you this disappointing news but wish to assure you that your application was given careful consideration before this final decision was reached.

May we take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in postgraduate study at The University of Warwick and wish you every success for your future."

Great...
Reply 22
"Further to your application to the Business Analytics and Consulting programme, we regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you a place on this course. We are sorry to give you this disappointing news but wish to assure you that your application was given careful consideration before this final decision was reached.

May we take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in postgraduate study at The University of Warwick and wish you every success for your future."

Great...

Oh man.....I just saw your post. I can't believe it :angry: WTF????????..........I think is stupid to let us know that a decision has been made in the department to make you suffer for several weeks and then give us some kind of news.

Look, things always happen for better, believe me. Something better is waiting for you. Probably you won't see it right now, but you will when you open your eyes again. Warwick is not the best place in earth and it didn't went to fix your life.

Are you aplying to any other place?

Best regards and get up, there is always more solutions.:wink:
Reply 23
Original post by Econla
Oh man.....I just saw your post. I can't believe it :angry: WTF????????..........I think is stupid to let us know that a decision has been made in the department to make you suffer for several weeks and then give us some kind of news.

Look, things always happen for better, believe me. Something better is waiting for you. Probably you won't see it right now, but you will when you open your eyes again. Warwick is not the best place in earth and it didn't went to fix your life.

Are you aplying to any other place?

Best regards and get up, there is always more solutions.:wink:

Thank you for your reply and positive thinking Econla.I really appreciate it.

I was really REALLY disappointed when I received their reply.I was thinking that it was just a matter of bureaucracy.Luckily enough though, a few days later I received an e-mail from LBS MiM whick informed me that I have passed the application stage and now they are calling me for an interview.I am currently hoping for the best but I am becoming a little bit nervous as the time goes by.I am still waiting to hear back from Imperial as well.
Reply 24
Thank you for your reply and positive thinking Econla.I really appreciate it.

I was really REALLY disappointed when I received their reply.I was thinking that it was just a matter of bureaucracy.Luckily enough though, a few days later I received an e-mail from LBS MiM whick informed me that I have passed the application stage and now they are calling me for an interview.I am currently hoping for the best but I am becoming a little bit nervous as the time goes by.I am still waiting to hear back from Imperial as well.

Good for you man!!!!.....easy now be cool. Prepare for your interview and wait for Imperial. Let us know where you're going this fall.

Good Luck:crossedf:
Reply 25
Just received this email from warwick:

"Dear Offer holder,

Congratulations on being offered a place to study at Warwick Business School in 2012 on the MSc Business Analytics & Consulting.

Professor Bo Chen, the Academic Director for the course, will be hosting an online session on Monday 21st May at 10:00 UK time to present an overview of the programme. He will also be online after the presentation to engage in 'live chat' with you to answer your questions relating to studying at Warwick Business School. This is an excellent opportunity to find out more about the programme and to 'meet' the Academic Director."

They are playing with me!!!!How unprofessional......

"Dear Offer holder,

Congratulations on being offered a place to study at Warwick Business School in 2012 on the MSc Business Analytics & Consulting.

Professor Bo Chen, the Academic Director for the course, will be hosting an online session on Monday 21st May at 10:00 UK time to present an overview of the programme. He will also be online after the presentation to engage in 'live chat' with you to answer your questions relating to studying at Warwick Business School. This is an excellent opportunity to find out more about the programme and to 'meet' the Academic Director."

WTF???! seriously??! I think you should simply give them a call and ask them to sort this out! no joke!
Reply 27
After a 15 min call I had with them a couple of days ago the official answer I got was something along the line: "we don't know what's happening with your application,let us check it out and we ll contact you."

Finally today I received the following email : "We are delighted to inform you that the Course Selector for Warwick Business School has reconsidered your application and recommended that you be made a conditional offer of a place on our Business Analytics and Consulting programme." I still can't believe that after this oddysey I have been put through I finaly have a place in WBS.

I would like to thank everyone on this thread for their support and comments.I really appreciate it guys.Can't wait to meet all of you in person this fall....!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 28

"Dear Offer holder,

WTF????????????........Why don't you ask if they can give you full tuition scholarship.......for the inconveniences:biggrin:.......I can't believe it. Anyway....good for you man!!!
After a 15 min call I had with them a couple of days ago the official answer I got was something along the line: "we don't know what's happening with your application,let us check it out and we ll contact you."

Finally today I received the following email : "We are delighted to inform you that the Course Selector for Warwick Business School has reconsidered your application and recommended that you be made a conditional offer of a place on our Business Analytics and Consulting programme." I still can't believe that after this oddysey I have been put through I finaly have a place in WBS.

I would like to thank everyone on this thread for their support and comments.I really appreciate it guys.Can't wait to meet all of you in person this fall....!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Really Glad for you!! =)

I'd also be starting my MSc information systems management & innovation at Warwick from October!

Hope to see you there!!
Decided on the accommodation??
Reply 31
The campus accommondation applications have not opened yet as I can see..btw the options that they gave me are claycroft,tocil or lakeside.What's yours?

Quick Reply

Latest