The Student Room Group

Economics applicant thread UCAS 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3981
I'm currently studying economics and business at UCL , if anyone has any questions about it or UCL feel free to contact :smile:
Reply 3982
Original post by pops101
I'm currently studying economics and business at UCL , if anyone has any questions about it or UCL feel free to contact :smile:

Economics and Business with East European Studies?
Reply 3983
Original post by Salaura
Sorry, new to this. Tried to put the link in and managed to delete message!

Produced this to help decide where to apply with my actual/predicted points. The data is from Unistats. I know it is not perfect and is only for universities I was thinking of, but it helped give an overview of my chances/difficulty of getting an offer. Hope it is useful.

Attachment 200939

http://unistats.direct.gov.uk/

I find it somewhat strange so much data is open to the public i.e. exactly what number of students 480-500 UCAS points which got a offer. Looks interesting though
Reply 3984
Original post by pops101

How many hours a week do you spend studying? How applied is the economics course you are doing?
Original post by amg_22
How many hours a week do you spend studying? How applied is the economics course you are doing?

Did he take further maths?!

I joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How good are you meant to be at maths for econ in general? I am thinking about it for uni, going into college soon to do it along with maths and physics (very maths based). I am currently on a very high A/ A*. Still need to to 1 more exam.

I don't consider myself absolutely amazing, will I be okay with it do you lot think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pops101

How important is maths for you in your course? What were your maths grades through secondary and college? Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have received all my replies and I am undecided between Bath or Nottingham?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by the.cookie.monster
Got all my offers :biggrin:D now so undecided as to which I firm :O

Well done on your LSE offer :smile: WHats your AS grades and A2 predictions?
Reply 3990
Removed
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by JBMJBM
I asked that question earlier in the thread and the consensus seemed to be Bath, but marginally, so go with whichever you would be happiest at. It's also noteworthy that (according to this thread and the stalking page) Nottingham has made AAB offers, suggesting a demise in competitiveness, which could affect its perception among employers.

AAB offers are for internationals only, A*AA for home so they're just as competitive (but apparently desperate for finance).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3992
Original post by Hebbamundo
AAB offers are for internationals only, A*AA for home so they're just as competitive (but apparently desperate for finance).

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think they've given out any AAB offers for UK applicants but I have AABB as an offer from there
Original post by KD35
I don't think they've given out any AAB offers for UK applicants but I have AABB as an offer from there

Yeah, they say on their website the standard offer for home students is A*AA/AAA except if you're taking 4 A levels, in which case an A is equivalent to BB. ie AAA=AABB

Just out of curiosity, did you apply fore pure economics or for one of their mixed programmes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3994
Yeah, they say on their website the standard offer for home students is A*AA/AAA except if you're taking 4 A levels, in which case an A is equivalent to BB. ie AAA=AABB

Just out of curiosity, did you apply fore pure economics or for one of their mixed programmes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh right. I applied for pure Eco.
Original post by KD35
Ahh right. I applied for pure Eco.

Well, congratulations! I ask because I applied for Economics and Econometrics... Considering I sent my application off just under 5 months ago, I'm wondering why they're taking so long to get back to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abz_Kebabz
I have received all my replies and I am undecided between Bath or Nottingham?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bear in mind Bath have a placement year
Reply 3997
Well, congratulations! I ask because I applied for Economics and Econometrics... Considering I sent my application off just under 5 months ago, I'm wondering why they're taking so long to get back to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is very strange :s-smilie:, maybe because it's a different course?. Where else have you applied to and what offers have you got/waiting for?
Original post by KD35
That is very strange :s-smilie:, maybe because it's a different course?. Where else have you applied to and what offers have you got/waiting for?

I think it is because of that; maybe that have a smaller intake for the one I applied for so they take longer.

Got offers from Cambridge and UCL, waiting on LSE, Warwick and Nottingham. Everywhere I applied to was for pure economics except Nottingham.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3999
I think it is because of that; maybe that have a smaller intake for the one I applied for so they take longer.

Got offers from Cambridge and UCL, waiting on LSE, Warwick and Nottingham. Everywhere I applied to was for pure economics except Nottingham.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some good offers there! How did you manage that without F Maths? Haha :P just kidding, Where are you firming/insuring?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending