The Student Room Group

Economics applicant thread UCAS 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TPJY
people have offers from warwick already? i was also under the impression that they would wait til jan :?

one person has , but his application was just outstanding. Or he was a really good troll lol
Original post by Fas
one person has , but his application was just outstanding. Or he was a really good troll lol

...or he sent it off really early? I can't remember, was his app actually outstanding are you just saying that theoretically?
Original post by tooambitious
...or he sent it off really early? I can't remember, was his app actually outstanding are you just saying that theoretically?

I think it was the Panda guy, he said he had really good GCSEs and AAAAAB at AS and was predicted A*A*A*A. I think.
Reply 1783
Original post by ThatRandomGuy
I think it was the Panda guy, he said he had really good GCSEs and AAAAAB at AS and was predicted A*A*A*A. I think.

Any offers yet?
Original post by CD315
Any offers yet?

Nope :redface:

It will be 2 weeks since I sent my application tomorrow.
Reply 1785
Original post by ThatRandomGuy
Nope :redface:

It will be 2 weeks since I sent my application tomorrow.

3 weeks since I sent mine......

....to my referee.
Original post by CD315
3 weeks since I sent mine......

....to my referee.

Wow, your referee must be preparing an amazing reference! At least it won't be rushed, my reference felt rather disjointed with all the different teachers' input merged together
Original post by the.cookie.monster
Wow, your referee must be preparing an amazing reference! At least it won't be rushed, my reference felt rather disjointed with all the different teachers' input merged together

Same, I was even asked to take out stuff that I felt wasn't necessary :eek:
Reply 1788
Original post by the.cookie.monster

Nope, it hasn't been started.
Does anybody know how long Exeter and Newcastle take to give out offers?
Reply 1790
Original post by Fas

oh right ahaha good on him then :P
Sigh, same here. Really just wanna hear something! Hoping to receive something from bristol this week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Application got sent off a week ago by school. Have since recieved 4 offers for straight Econ at Surrey, Cardiff, Birmingham & Exeter.
Will probably now have to wait months and months for a response from Bath!
Original post by laucricket
Application got sent off a week ago by school. Have since recieved 4 offers for straight Econ at Surrey, Cardiff, Birmingham & Exeter.
Will probably now have to wait months and months for a response from Bath!

Well done! How long does it take for you to get offer from Surrey? 3 days? Does it take 2 days for Bath to send you an acknowledgement email to you?
Original post by ryanboi
Well done! How long does it take for you to get offer from Surrey? 3 days? Does it take 2 days for Bath to send you an acknowledgement email to you?

Surrey acknowledged the offer on Monday morning (got sent Friday evening) and the offer came through about midday on monday.
Bath acknowledged on the saturday morning, giving me some username thing for their website.
Original post by laucricket
Surrey acknowledged the offer on Monday morning (got sent Friday evening) and the offer came through about midday on monday.
Bath acknowledged on the saturday morning, giving me some username thing for their website.

My UCAS was sent off Friday evening this week. Got acknowledgement from UCL and Surrey on Saturday morning but nothing from Bath and the rest? haha What could possibly take that long? I know I am a bit over reacting here! but I am stressing out about this haha. The waiting is painful! :smile:
Original post by tooambitious

well probably did send it off early , but he told me he got lots of GCSE A*'s ( didnt tell me how many ) and said he got AAAAAA or AAAAAB or something one of the two defiinitely. definitely predicted A*A*A*A* or A*A*A*A again cannot remember.
Original post by Fas
well probably did send it off early , but he told me he got lots of GCSE A*'s ( didnt tell me how many ) and said he got AAAAAA or AAAAAB or something one of the two defiinitely. definitely predicted A*A*A*A* or A*A*A*A again cannot remember.

Fair enough, TRG told me as well
Reply 1798
Hi guys!

I really need your help on where to apply.

I'm considering Exeter, City & Surrey but I have no idea where to apply for my other two choices?

The AS grade I received with predicted grades in brackets for the following subjects:

Maths - A (A)
Economics - A (A*)
Chemistry - B (B)
Biology - B

Submitting on the 9th November. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Still no offers :'( Wanna cry hard

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending