The Student Room Group

Need help with decision!

Okay so I have two unconditional offers for both Glasgow and Edinburgh for computer science.

Basically I have previously done an Astrophysics degree at Edinburgh, and I want to go back now for CompSci.

Now, I stayed at home for first degree, so it was cheap but I did feel like I missed out on a part of uni. Also, I'm now 25 and still living at home. Add on to this, however, that I now must pay tution fees.

If I choose Edinburgh: Perhaps it is a slightly better university in terms of prestige and education. Also I could afford it quite easily, and keep my current job part time also. However, I have lived here all my life, and I should really perhaps get a change of scene, and not make the same mistake I did before?

If I choose Glasgow: It would cost me ALOT more, and it might be slightly inferior. Also, it's not as nice a city, and I may also not enjoy the staying out of home life when I get there.

Help please!
Reply 1
It's ridiculous to ask people what they think of your personal situation, but the from the looks of it - Edinburgh it is.

A better Uni, a better choice. Stay at home for one more year, save the money, earn one more degree, move out of home and start your life.

Quick Reply

Latest