Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm Wonderful and I'm Single Society XI

Announcements Posted on
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RDavies93)
    Same as I did! Though, the only practical work I did was for the investigation as I wasn't actually in school most the time What exam boards do you do? Try not to stress, I promise it'll all click into place in time!
    I hope so because for the effort I put in, it doesn't seem to ever pay off!
    I do AQA for Biology, OCR A for Chemistry & Edexcel for Maths. What grades you getting?

(Original post by morris743)
    Take a breather for a day or two - total relaxation. Then start yourself a diary. Time can run away very fast when you're not completely sure where you're going. Planning as much as possible really can maximise your time at an amazing rate.
    Think I need better revision techniques
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeIsGood)
    I do AQA for Biology, OCR A for Chemistry & Edexcel for Maths. What grades you getting?

It does pay off I finished last year, on a gap year atm I had BBB. But I did OCR B Chem. Have you got a CGP revision guide for biology? It was a total saviour for me, and I know I would not have done so well if not for that; it has a little bit of added detail in places, but I found that made it all make a little more sense.

Maths, just do as many past paper questions as you can, the exams seem to be designed to confuse you. But don't panic about it, practice makes perfect when it comes to that

For chem, there's a salters OCR revision guide that is really good, in that it puts everything in a logical order... I think theres one for OCR A as weall as B, but this combined with another CGP revision guide was great

Also, I failed every mock I ever did. So if this happened to you, don't panic Hope this is a little reassuring!
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    It does pay off I finished last year, on a gap year atm I had BBB. But I did OCR B Chem. Have you got a CGP revision guide for biology? It was a total saviour for me, and I know I would not have done so well if not for that; it has a little bit of added detail in places, but I found that made it all make a little more sense.

Maths, just do as many past paper questions as you can, the exams seem to be designed to confuse you. But don't panic about it, practice makes perfect when it comes to that

For chem, there's a salters OCR revision guide that is really good, in that it puts everything in a logical order... I think theres one for OCR A as weall as B, but this combined with another CGP revision guide was great

Also, I failed every mock I ever did. So if this happened to you, don't panic Hope this is a little reassuring!
    Thanks for the kind words & advice! Sometimes, I feel like it's just too late but it isn't as I have two months which is perfect time to really cover everything, it's just down to nerves but also due to academic losses from previous examinations because I never get A grades that I work for.
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:

Nothing better than liking and truly understand it! Memorising can be a bit of a curse imo.
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the kind words & advice! Sometimes, I feel like it's just too late but it isn't as I have two months which is perfect time to really cover everything, it's just down to nerves but also due to academic losses from previous examinations because I never get A grades that I work for.
    Plan accordingly. You know you can do it. Just do it!

Nerves will only ever have a negative effect. What's the point? There isn't one.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I promise it's not too late ok? I missed all my mechanics lessons for maths, and the night before the exam my friend gave me a "mechanics crash course", and i managed to get an A from that... SO if you are determined enough to do well, you can. Nerves... have you tried rescue remedy I swear it works. Are you doing any re-sits? Or just concentrating on the last lot? Like morris said... take a good break to totally relax then start again. Being able to unwind is really important.
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:

What subject are you trying to get in to Uni with? Medicine?
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    Plan accordingly. You know you can do it. Just do it!

Nerves will only ever have a negative effect. What's the point? There isn't one.
    I'm a very Type-A person But I do agree, stress isn't good and I experienced a burn out last year so avoided one this year but it's all become a little too relax

I promise it's not too late ok? I missed all my mechanics lessons for maths, and the night before the exam my friend gave me a "mechanics crash course", and i managed to get an A from that... SO if you are determined enough to do well, you can. Nerves... have you tried rescue remedy I swear it works. Are you doing any re-sits? Or just concentrating on the last lot? Like morris said... take a good break to totally relax then start again. Being able to unwind is really important.
    That's really good! Well done on your score! I always feel like there's not enough time because we just rush through things in school without taking time with it.

(Original post by Spontogical)
    What subject are you trying to get in to Uni with? Medicine?
    Biomedical Science, got my offers all sorted out just need to get to Uni.
    • 17 followers

I keep having sex dreams.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    Who are you on the receiving end of in these dreams, me or morris??
    • 17 followers

(Original post by PrIaLs)
    Who are you on the receiving end of in these dreams, me or morris??
    Both?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Me too. Except I'm usually awake when I have them.
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    Both?
    :eek: I would never indulge in such!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Now if it were just me and spiral...:sexface:
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    :eek: I would never indulge in such!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Now if it were just me and spiral...:sexface:
    http://youtu.be/Pi7gwX7rjOw?t=1m21s
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    Like I'm going to watch anything with those 'people' in it. Sorry bud.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Like I'm going to watch anything with those 'people' in it. Sorry bud.
    Seriously it's awesome. They're hilarious.
    • 90 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just made the top 10 posters
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    Seriously it's awesome. They're hilarious.
    Is this from Saturday night live? Always sounded like a good format. Shame its presented by American 'stars' really
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    I just made the top 10 posters
    Oooooh now you get the special prize
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nobody watch 'The Voice' please. It is ****.
Updated: April 10, 2012
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered Chat threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.