The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A - G485: Fields, Particles & Frontiers of Physics - June 2012

Scroll to see replies

whats the answer for what is an absorption spectrum?
if i described how it shows either red **** or blue shift is that not atleast a mark
Please ocr make it 66 to get an a (or less) !!
Original post by jamesvernon
The fact it said state your reasoning made me think i was right.

I reasoned that all the mass of the positron + electron gets converted to energy. Use Einstein's equation. DIVIDE BY 2, then the lambda, h and c equation from unit 2 and Bob's your uncle.

At least i think so :P

Yup this is all correct (except that Bob isn't my uncle :tongue:)
For my reason I wrote that each electron/positron (beta particle) produces one gamma photon (although I may have said ray :/) I probably won't get a mark for the explanation. But yes your math is correct :smile:
Original post by SomeoneIveNeverMet
I used the gradient of the graph at it's steepest point and got about 11.6V..which to 2s.f. is 12. (did this because emf = - rate of change of manetic flux linkage)

..is that how you got the Emf?

Weird, I did it and got exactly 12V. I guess there's different ways of doing it. I know my calculation was something like 1.2x10-2/1x10-3.
Original post by tallen90
Weird, I did it and got exactly 12V. I guess there's different ways of doing it. I know my calculation was something like 1.2x10-2/1x10-3.

I guess it depends on your gradient. I didn't draw a tangent though, which I now know I should have :/ oh well

I said something along the lines of...

Since emf = change in flux over time, the graph of EMF is the differential of the flux graph. Hence the max occurs at the point on the graph where whatever time it was it occured.

Took a small interval, = 12v exactly.

Was it something like (0.60.6)×102(32)×103\dfrac{(0.6--0.6) \times 10^{-2}}{(3-2) \times 10^{-3}}? That's how I did it and got exactly 12V
Reply 1387

This is how I did it too. I kept getting 8V at first the other way I did it, then it just clicked.
Im so bombed right now. I worked my butt off for that paper. I mean literally. I revised so hard for so long that the chair I was sitting on became anti matter to my butt and they annihilated each other in order to produce countless amounts of gamma photons in opposite directions. Perfectly obeying the law AE=AMC^2 (A representing delta). I currently no longer have a butt.
what did u you guys get for the gradient on the first page, i got gyrometric ratio as the quantity
but my freind said it was capacitance but how?? cause isnt capacitance charge/voltage??
Original post by shiinkii
Im so bombed right now. I worked my butt off for that paper. I mean literally. I revised so hard for so long that the chair I was sitting on became anti matter to my butt and they annihilated each other in order to produce countless amounts of gamma photons in opposite directions. Perfectly obeying the law AE=AMC^2 (A representing delta). I currently no longer have a butt.

sell your life!
Original post by RESIDUAL FLUX
what did u you guys get for the gradient on the first page, i got gyrometric ratio as the quantity

I'm not sure what the gyrometric ratio is but on wikipedia it states that it's units are Coulomb per kilogram hence surely that would be not be the units of the gradient?
Reply 1393
but my freind said it was capacitance but how?? cause isnt capacitance charge/voltage??

Original post by Small123
I'm not sure what the gyrometric ratio is but on wikipedia it states that it's units are Coulomb per kilogram hence surely that would be not be the units of the gradient?

The gradient was V/Q. Capacitance is Q/V, so the gradient is 1/capacitance.
Original post by tom28
The gradient was V/Q. Capacitance is Q/V, so the gradient is 1/capacitance.

oh crap.... that was so obvious, thanks man, i least i know what i got wrong now!!
BTW, for 'evolution of the universe' i have a different opinion as i am atheist and therefore suggested that God, the ALMIGHTY himself, has dwelled us in this loveable earth where life strives and water flows.. and it was created in 7 days.. day 1: adam and eve, etc , do u think ill get some marks cause i am not wrong, it is what i choose to believe!!
BTW, for 'evolution of the universe' i have a different opinion as i am atheist and therefore suggested that God, the ALMIGHTY himself, has dwelled us in this loveable earth where life strives and water flows.. and it was created in 7 days.. day 1: adam and eve, etc , do u think ill get some marks cause i am not wrong, it is what i choose to believe!!

as i am atheist

God, the ALMIGHTY himself

as i am atheist

as i am atheist

Wait, what?!
Original post by Moiraclaire
The attenuation coefficient was in cm and the answer was in cm, don't bother converting.
3.3 x =ln2
simple...

I think :L
the answere was 0.21cm I think

yeah because if you wanna convert its not 0.033 its actually 333 because its 3.3 per cm so per metre its 333
Original post by oromis263

wait, what?!

lmfaooooo *dead*
Original post by alexbumpoo
yeah because if you wanna convert its not 0.033 its actually 333 because its 3.3 per cm so per metre its 333

so is the answer 0.21 cos thats what i got aswell. and i didnt convert it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending