The Student Room Group

Things people do on facebook that annoy/amuse you

Scroll to see replies

I have one girl that I keep on FB purely for amusement value - she argues with everyone and everything. Once she had a massive argument with her twin sister, then deleted her 0_o

There was also quite an amusing incident with her ex boyfriend recently:
hb0ur.jpg
xD
Original post by Samus2
I find this disgusting: My friends grandad died after being in the hospital. My friend was at uni. She hadn't been told yet and logged on to find her sister had posted 'love you so much grandad... can't believe you held on for so long RIP xxxxx'
The fact that my friend hadn't even been told yet shows how quickly her sister was on facebook...

My uncle had a rant on FB about how his father in law (my granddad) probably has two types of cancer. At the time, I was at uni. Whilst I was in contact with my parents, it wasn't everyday. (not the sort of thing you'd discuss over the phone, either)

I was so pissed off regarding the way I found out.

If it was something like "he's been given the all clear" - then yeah, that's fair enough.

Does anyone remember when that crap about how a pensioner only receives £6k per year and how illegal immigrants receive much more went around? Can't believe that some people fell for that. A quick Google search states it's crap and untrue.
People who put their daily routine as their status, for example "just got in from work, need to shower, then feed the rabbits and do the ironing" Why the **** do I want to know what boring chores you've got to do?

People who post attention seeking status, for example "I'm such a lucky girl right now" or "why is _____ such a moron" anything basically that will get people commenting saying "omg whatsup babes?"

Idiots that bang on about how ugly they are in a desperate plea for others to reassure them that they are actually beautiful, I have one gimp on facebook that actually put "I wish I was pretty like other girls" cue about 20 comments saying "you are so pretty babes" followed by "no I'm not, you are though <3" Seriously STFU.

And constant updates about their baby, "little mckenzie has just woke up from a nap", "___ has just smiled for the first time" NO ONE CARES.

People that claim to be having such a good time out with their friends, at a bar/cinema/food establishment etc. Hmm you're having SUCH a good time that you decide to stop what you're doing to tell facebook? :rolleyes:
Reply 203
Those annoying proud parents that post nothing but pictures and updates about their little boo boo. "Aw my baby Shaniqua just **** on me, so adorable and clever!!!! SUCH a happy mum right now!!"
Reply 204
Original post by KatieKate
Although actually people taking the mick out of the people posting the stupid stuff is annoying too.

The first "90% of people don't know about the real fate of Jigglypuff and only 1% of the people who do will repost this etc" that I saw was mildly amusing, since then it's just got a bit boring with variations of unicorns, squirtle, the dinosaurs etc OK SOME PEOPLE POST GENERIC BORING THINGS, DON'T MAKE IT WORSE.

Yeah, the first few were funny now it's just been overdone. I liked the one about the killer pandas- "90% of people won't repost this- they have already been eaten by pandas" :tongue:

My aunt causes me another annoyance on FB by always reposting the serious ones. It's so annoying. And then a joke one went round that was about an illness where people kept reposting annoying crap about illnesses and crimes and stuff and she reposted that! Irony much?!
Original post by Linweth
Those annoying proud parents that post nothing but pictures and updates about their little boo boo. "Aw my baby Shaniqua just **** on me, so adorable and clever!!!! SUCH a happy mum right now!!"

Agreed. The odd comment here and there is ok; but not 24/7, please! There are some things I really don't want to hear - like your daughter taking her first poo on the toilet. Yes, someone really did post that!

I really feel sorry for some of you. Most of my friends are a bit more grown up.

I remember one time asking a really boring maths question on FB. (because I'm sad like that!) Can't believe the amount of people who were arguing over it. One person said "I should know. I do have a maths degree from a well-respected uni". (Oxford) That shut everyone up...
Reply 206
Original post by OU Student
Agreed. The odd comment here and there is ok; but not 24/7, please! There are some things I really don't want to hear - like your daughter taking her first poo on the toilet. Yes, someone really did post that!

I really feel sorry for some of you. Most of my friends are a bit more grown up.

I remember one time asking a really boring maths question on FB. (because I'm sad like that!) Can't believe the amount of people who were arguing over it. One person said "I should know. I do have a maths degree from a well-respected uni". (Oxford) That shut everyone up...

I don't have a facebook I tend to lol at people when my mum shows me stuff on hers hence the influx of annoying parent types. You also get the parents who think their kid is the next Einstein because he/she can count up to four. Oooh.
Original post by ForgettingWhatsername
People who post things like "Well, at least now I know who my real friends are!" or "Some people are just so selfish! You know who you are!" I mean, if you've just had a fight with someone why publish it on facebook? It's childish, no one cares, and it might make things a bit awkward when you make up two days later.

Someone did that to me on FB before. I wasn't even that bothered by the fight itself, but that made me see red... I made a looong post on my wall naming and shaming him and what he had done (long list.) He got it took down after a while of course because only passive-agressive BS is allowed on FB, but everyone saw it so it served it's purpose.

At first I was going to ignore him, but when my friends enquired what this person (i.e. me) had supposedly done, and he replied "Will P.M. you guys" I knew I had to do something to stop my friends from getting the completely wrong message about what had happened. Then I deleted him. A few weeks later he begged to come out with me because his other friends had left him (his words. weird words.) I told him where to go.

TL;DR You really don't want to do stuff like this to me. I can be pretty ruthless when provoked on FB.
Original post by Samus2
I find this disgusting: My friends grandad died after being in the hospital. My friend was at uni. She hadn't been told yet and logged on to find her sister had posted 'love you so much grandad... can't believe you held on for so long RIP xxxxx'
The fact that my friend hadn't even been told yet shows how quickly her sister was on facebook...

Original post by OU Student
My uncle had a rant on FB about how his father in law (my granddad) probably has two types of cancer. At the time, I was at uni. Whilst I was in contact with my parents, it wasn't everyday. (not the sort of thing you'd discuss over the phone, either)

I was so pissed off regarding the way I found out.

If it was something like "he's been given the all clear" - then yeah, that's fair enough.

Almost exactly the same thing happened to me. My aunt committed suicide, and I was staying over at my boyfriend's house at the time so my mum didn't call me as she knew I'd be back later on (understandably, she didn't want to tell me over the phone). I went on facebook that morning, and my cousin had already put his RIP message up. I'm not trying to sound harsh, but the last thing that would be going through my mind if this had just happened to my mum is putting up a status about it immediately. I know for a fact I wasn't the only relative to find out this way about such a shocking thing either. Horrible.
(edited 12 years ago)
Picking at spelling and grammar:
I asked how I switch off the spell checker on Word because it's being very strange.
Friend 1 posts a link which explains what to do.
Friend 2 posts and replies (to friend 1) "that's a bit rich coming from someone who doesn't spell his name properly".

Friend 1 is Irish and has the Irish version of Friend 2's name.
Original post by lonelykatana
oak-doors.jpg

I urge you to go through it.

Is that a door??

Okkkiiii :smile:

*Walks through...*
Reply 211
Original post by Sui-Kinxtar_kitty
YAY XD

Damn I cant pos rep this!!!

How do I even gain rep?
Original post by Alex Dom
How do I even gain rep?

Dunno...

Its probably just an illusion...

*makes eerie ghost noises...*
Reply 213
Anyone who does club promo and posts endless messages about various nights they're running... I don't give a ****, I'll go where it's cheap and I can get hammered.
Reply 214
i like seeking firend. i was search many my friend on fb
Original post by ilovelabradors

Agree with you guys and I am absolutely loving this thread! Sometimes I feel like a weirdo because I want to keep my FB private as possible but I see that I am not the only one. I also get really sad/frustrated/disappointed to see how stupid people can be these days! :s-smilie:

My answers in blue. :biggrin:

Its just so darn ironic how people can be so socially awkward or reserved in social settings yet be so open on Facebook.

Nonetheless, i can't imagine how the world would be without FB either.
(edited 12 years ago)
people posting a string of depressing statuses.
Original post by fellowjoe
Its just so darn ironic how people can be so socially awkward or reserved in social settings yet be so open on Facebook.

Nonetheless, i can't imagine how the world would be without FB either.

Some people won't talk to you if they see you in the street, but they send you friend requests and like your few posts! :s-smilie:

I can see my life without Facebook. If my friends went back to using msn messenger I wouldn't need Facebook at all. To the hell with Facebook. It's fool of attention seekers and nosy people.

People can be really ridiculous. Yesterday was mother day, as you know it, and so some of my FB friends posted stuff like "Love you mummy, have a great day" when their mums do not have Facebook.... What gives?

But the worst bit is when people go like "Why haven't you posted pictures recently?" or "You went on holiday and didn't post any pictures!!!" as if we are obligged to SHOW our pictures to everybody. I am enjoying to save my pictures for me and my loved ones more and more these days.... I usually make powepoints with photos and send them ONLY to close friends. No point in sharing the pictures with neighbours, acquaintaces, sixth form peers that you haven't seen in years, the odd friend's friend.... :smile:

But the way I see it, some people are happy about exposing themselves to the max on FB be it by exposing photos that don't make sense or by changing their relationship status every week.
Reply 218
Original post by ilovelabradors
Some people won't talk to you if they see you in the street, but they send you friend requests and like your few posts! :s-smilie:

I can see my life without Facebook. If my friends went back to using msn messenger I wouldn't need Facebook at all. To the hell with Facebook. It's fool of attention seekers and nosy people.

People can be really ridiculous. Yesterday was mother day, as you know it, and so some of my FB friends posted stuff like "Love you mummy, have a great day" when their mums do not have Facebook.... What gives?

But the worst bit is when people go like "Why haven't you posted pictures recently?" or "You went on holiday and didn't post any pictures!!!" as if we are obligged to SHOW our pictures to everybody. I am enjoying to save my pictures for me and my loved ones more and more these days.... I usually make powepoints with photos and send them ONLY to close friends. No point in sharing the pictures with neighbours, acquaintaces, sixth form peers that you haven't seen in years, the odd friend's friend.... :smile:

But the way I see it, some people are happy about exposing themselves to the max on FB be it by exposing photos that don't make sense or by changing their relationship status every week.

Lol this.

I hate the "status" system as a whole. Just seems very 1 dimensional.
Original post by f1mad
Lol this.

I hate the "status" system as a whole. Just seems very 1 dimensional.

Most of the times, its content makes me think "why should I care?" :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest