The Student Room Group

Things people do on facebook that annoy/amuse you

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Those "like for a rate" posts. Seriously?
Reply 221
Theres on girl on my FB who always goes on about conspiracy theories and how she hates this country and if she had enough money she'd go back to the middle east. She wrote death to the british army the other day and attracted over 200 comments of people from my year (or our old year, when we were in year 11, now at uni) basically telling her to go back and that she is disgusting, which she is, shes a vile creature.
Reply 222
Original post by ilovelabradors
Some people won't talk to you if they see you in the street, but they send you friend requests and like your few posts! :s-smilie:

I can see my life without Facebook. If my friends went back to using msn messenger I wouldn't need Facebook at all. To the hell with Facebook. It's fool of attention seekers and nosy people.

People can be really ridiculous. Yesterday was mother day, as you know it, and so some of my FB friends posted stuff like "Love you mummy, have a great day" when their mums do not have Facebook.... What gives?

But the worst bit is when people go like "Why haven't you posted pictures recently?" or "You went on holiday and didn't post any pictures!!!" as if we are obligged to SHOW our pictures to everybody. I am enjoying to save my pictures for me and my loved ones more and more these days.... I usually make powepoints with photos and send them ONLY to close friends. No point in sharing the pictures with neighbours, acquaintaces, sixth form peers that you haven't seen in years, the odd friend's friend.... :smile:

But the way I see it, some people are happy about exposing themselves to the max on FB be it by exposing photos that don't make sense or by changing their relationship status every week.

It makes me feel like throwing my laptop out of the window, serious, its like everyone is trying to be famous or something through facebook, i really dont get it.
Reply 223
Facebook itself. Treating people as commodities and objects. So no special feature, just everything. May we put an end to facebook!
Original post by DZJX
It makes me feel like throwing my laptop out of the window, serious, its like everyone is trying to be famous or something through facebook, i really dont get it.

Absolutely! :wink:
Original post by *Bubble*
Facebook itself. Treating people as commodities and objects. So no special feature, just everything. May we put an end to facebook!

Yes, we may! :smile:
Reply 226
Original post by ilovelabradors
Yes, we may! :smile:

Not sure Mr. Zuckerberg will adhere to our idea :tongue:
A friend who knows I spend a lot of time on youtube but insists on posting videos on my wall that he knows I will have definitely seen before.
- posts with only
- posts that always end in loads of weird smileys that I am apparently to old to understand - " i wuv you mwuaaa :colondollar: :** :3 :3 ** : $"
- "like this if you want to know what i think about you"

and, I swear to god, one of my friends posted "like this if you've already met me in person. Copy this to your profile and you'll see how many of your fb friends have met you in person" .. what is happening to this world?!
Reply 229
People Who Insist On Typing Everything Like This.
Reply 230
*breaks up with boyfriend*

a million new status': "I hate boys"
"Boys are ****ers"
"Nothing lasts forever"

the next day ...

* ... is in a relationship*
This absolute bellend on my friends list posted a status a few hours ago saying "my boyfriend is a selfish dickhead. Can't even remember the last time he bought me a present or treated me to new clothes. Sick of it!!!". Her boyfriend obviously doesn't have Facebook as she has just updated again to say "thanks a lot to whoever told my bf about my last status. Getting loads of grief off him now". As if that wasn't ridiculous/infuriating enough, 3 people "liked" it and left comments saying things like "omg huni dats well bad" and "ppl r **** stirrers, ignore dem babes".

People who play their lives out over Facebook and then complain when it comes back to bite them
= urge to kill rising.
People who tell you are at da gym.

People who post pics of themselves on nights out

People who post about holidays before they go constantly
Original post by amyshamblesxx
This absolute bellend on my friends list posted a status a few hours ago saying "my boyfriend is a selfish dickhead. Can't even remember the last time he bought me a present or treated me to new clothes. Sick of it!!!". Her boyfriend obviously doesn't have Facebook as she has just updated again to say "thanks a lot to whoever told my bf about my last status. Getting loads of grief off him now". As if that wasn't ridiculous/infuriating enough, 3 people "liked" it and left comments saying things like "omg huni dats well bad" and "ppl r **** stirrers, ignore dem babes".

People who play their lives out over Facebook and then complain when it comes back to bite them
= urge to kill rising.

OH.MY.GOD. :eek:

Can people get any more stupid????? :eek:
Original post by Glen_coco
- posts with only
- posts that always end in loads of weird smileys that I am apparently to old to understand - " i wuv you mwuaaa :colondollar: :** :3 :3 ** : $"
- "like this if you want to know what i think about you"

and, I swear to god, one of my friends posted "like this if you've already met me in person. Copy this to your profile and you'll see how many of your fb friends have met you in person" .. what is happening to this world?!

Ridiculous. All of it. Not sure if normal or abnormal anymore...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 235
Original post by SpongebobSquarepan
People who tell you are at da gym.

Yeah that is proper annoying. ¬¬.
Original post by f1mad
Yeah that is proper annoying. ¬¬.

When they take photos of their protenis shakes and put stuff like

GONNA GET PUMPED

ARE U JEL

**** off you waste of space, stop spending your dole money on gym memberships and get a job you steroid abusing freak
statuses about towie
statuses about "what shall i do tonight"
people who put "are you jel", "jel", "are you jelly"
facebook should be called bragbook

rant over :smile:
Reply 239
Original post by SpongebobSquarepan
facebook should be called bragbook

rant over :smile:

Agreed.

Quick Reply

Latest