The Student Room Group

Favourite dog breed

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by green.tea
If you know anyone who dislikes dogs introduce them to a border collie. Its impossible to dislike them. Such people go "hmmm, i must admit he is quite a character" "gotta admit he's great fun on a walk." etc

My mum doesn't like them :tongue:

Samoyeds, Belgian Malumates and Bernese Mountain dogs :biggrin:
Reply 181
Miniature schnauzers are really cute, and they're quite healthy for pedigree dogs (they're slightly prone to being born with cataracts, but that's easy to screen for). They're so cute and adorable, and they're also really good-natured and intelligent. They also don't shed, which is a bonus! I have one called Macy, and I wub her lots :suith:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by zangorou
My mum doesn't like them :tongue:

:eek: why not?
Reply 183
My Auntie's had two German Shepherds (a regular black and brown one which passed away a few years back and a white one which is about 10 now) over the years and so I absolutely love them :smile:

(This isn't them but it was convenient given it had both colours in the pic!)

Also, and I know it's a little cliché but, I love huskies too. Simple reason being all those Mishka videos, made me fall in love with them :p:

But honestly, put pretty much any dog of any breed in front of me and I'll be all "awwww"-like, can't help it :p:
Original post by MarcD
My Auntie's had two German Shepherds (a regular black and brown one which passed away a few years back and a white one which is about 10 now) over the years and so I absolutely love them :smile:

(This isn't them but it was convenient given it had both colours in the pic!)

Also, and I know it's a little cliché but, I love huskies too. Simple reason being all those Mishka videos, made me fall in love with them :p:

But honestly, put pretty much any dog of any breed in front of me and I'll be all "awwww"-like, can't help it :p:

I like german shepherds. Gotta have a capable handler tho or they can be problematic with other dogs and i ****ing hate people who walk dangerous dogs. Another reason collies are so great, they have no viciousness so you can give them leeway to get up to mischief and they can outrun any threat.

Well trained gss are fantastic dogs tho as are bc x gs.
Weimaraner.jpg
One time i was in the woods with my collie and this huge husky type dog came bounding over from nowhere. My dog was on his lead and mustve felt threatened because he went for it. I quickly grabbed it and told my dog to run. The husky type dog made no attempt to follow and as i walked off it gave me a sad look as if to say "goddammit this happens every time i try to make a friend". It was weird that there was no owner in sight, no collar, nobody calling it despite my panicked "run!" and as far as i could see nobody else in the woods at all.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 187
Original post by green.tea
I like german shepherds. Gotta have a capable handler tho or they can be problematic with other dogs and i ****ing hate people who walk dangerous dogs. Another reason collies are so great, they have no viciousness so you can give them leeway to get up to mischief and they can outrun any threat.

Well trained gss are fantastic dogs tho as are bc x gs.

Oh my auntie's german shepherds are the most sweet and docile dogs you'll ever meet. They'd never lash out or anything and are either curious or shy with other dogs. ^^ The white one always barks when people come into the house but it's more cause she's super-excited and follows it up with lots of kisses and tail-wagging :smile:
Original post by MarcD
Oh my auntie's german shepherds are the most sweet and docile dogs you'll ever meet. They'd never lash out or anything and are either curious or shy with other dogs. ^^ The white one always barks when people come into the house but it's more cause she's super-excited and follows it up with lots of kisses and tail-wagging :smile:

My friend has always had them and one collie cross. The reason i felt able to grab that husky thing was my knowing how to pin a powerful dog down having wrestled a huge long hared gs he had. Awesome robust fun dogs that deserve time and attention they need to become well adjusted happy pets.
Recently I've started thinking Irish Wolfhounds are pretty cool. I'm a bit too small though so I doubt I could ever have one. :frown:
Speaking of wolfdogs.

Beautiful.

I hope people are still working on this breed. Seems to have been started with very good intentions.

http://www.url.biz/Articles/Article-3688.html
German Sherperd.

Their pointy ears are too cute and their coat colour is awesome!
german-shepherd-dogs.jpg
Reply 192
cocker spaniel
snoopy7.jpg
My dog ^
I've fallen head over heels for the Viszla breed.

If I wasn't at University then I'd seriously consider purchasing one but there would be no one to look after it while studying away from home.

Shame, I'd love one.
Pug/Cavalier King Charles cross breed (Pugalier)

116435157.jpg

My puppy Daisy at 3 months.
Reply 195
Italian Greyhounds. :biggrin:

But I'm biased because I have one.
Labradors :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Labradors are very simple dogs lol
Original post by DenmansDinner
Labradors are very simple dogs lol

Like the poster said above me, I'm also probably biased since I own one and he's the softest thing ever :smile:
Reply 199
My own dog's.
(Check signature)

Quick Reply

Latest