The Student Room Group

I want to go home this weekend but I already have gone home in the last two weekends

We have just adopted a new dog at home and I really want to go home this weekend to see her but feel like I should stay at uni as I have been home for the past 2 weekends, most of my friends are going home this weekend too so it’s not like I’ll have anything to do if I do stay at uni but I’m unsure as to what to do ????
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
We have just adopted a new dog at home and I really want to go home this weekend to see her but feel like I should stay at uni as I have been home for the past 2 weekends, most of my friends are going home this weekend too so it’s not like I’ll have anything to do if I do stay at uni but I’m unsure as to what to do ????

Go home and see the dog then?
Hi there,

If you haven't made any university plans, don't have any deadlines or individual studying to do, then go home and see your new dog!

Although you were just back home for the past few weeks, university is about to get busy with deadlines, assignments and projects, so you might not be able to visit your family in the upcoming weeks because of the workload.

So I would advise for you to go home and visit your family while you still can.

I hope I managed to help!

Best of luck,
Melanie
LSBU Rep

Hiya!

Aww what wonderful news what breed is your new dog? Do whatever you would like and makes you happy, it is perfectly fine if you want to go home and as you have already said most of your friends will be heading home this weekend also. It is important whilst at university, to prioritise your studies but also your own well-being. I go home every weekend, granted I live quite close but it’s nice to go home and see family and be in a new space. If you have any studying to do this weekend, you can always bring your books/ laptop home and study from home in-case this is a concern or get it done earlier this week.

Hope this helps, with making your decision
-Maddie, second year Health and well-being in society student at De Montfort University

Hey there!

That sounds amazing! I'd definitely go back and see the dog. Who cares if you've been the past couple of weekends? It's not like you're missing out on anything if everyone else is going home as well. As long as you don't have any deadlines coming up or any responsibilities then I say go home and see the dog.

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU

Hi Anon,

How amazing that you've just adopted a new dog! There's nothing wrong with going back home when you can, university life can get busy so take the time to go home when you get the chance. I know I went home many times to see my family especially in first year. I would say as long as it doesn't impact your studies then go for it, have lovely cuddles with your new dog. 😊

All the best,
Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending