The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
strange person.
Reply 2
Like most places with stories like that the danger is there but exaggerated a lot.

Feel free to go there and the chances are whatever race you are unless you act like a **** you'll be fine.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by abdiz12
Just seen some old videos and articles about Walsall, Birmingham

Walsall is not in Birmingham.
Reply 4
Original post by TRS-T

Good point. Don't get those Yam Yams mixed up with us Brummies :angry: :tongue:
It's not particularly a racist hell hole (or that's not the most obvious problem I'd point to), but it's not somewhere I'd want to go on holiday.
Why would you want to go there? Place is a ****hole.
Reply 7
Original post by curtis871
Like most places with stories like that the danger is there but exaggerated a lot.

Feel free to go there and the chances are whatever race you are unless you act like a **** you'll be fine.

This

Original post by TRS-T

This
Reply 8
No, it isn't. It's a Po-Go area. :awesome:
Reply 9
Haven't been to Walsall for ages.
Reply 10
Walsall is not a "no go area". For anyone. Never has been. Get a grip ffs.
I've lived just outside of Walsall all my life, it has never been a no go area for anyone. There are lots of black and asian people living there, what are you on about? :confused:
Like most places in the general Birmingham area its just a dump plain and simple.

Buts its not a no go area
Original post by silverbolt
Like most places in the general Birmingham area its just a dump plain and simple.

Buts its not a no go area

sparkhill alum rock sparkbrook lozells small heath :colone:
Reply 14
I've been to Walsal, its a bit dull.
Original post by SpongebobSquarepan
sparkhill alum rock sparkbrook lozells small heath :colone:

What are you trying to say about those places? I've not been to Sparkhill (other than passing through recently) but the others are safe.
Original post by curtis871
What are you trying to say about those places?

What do you think?
I'm a white Welsh girl (was born in Walsall but lived in Wales for as long as I can remember, and am Welsh by family) and I'm allowed to go to Walsall. I don't think it's a no-go area somehow :tongue:

On an aside, I hate saying I was born in Walsall. People always say "You don't sound Polish". I resorted at one point to saying I was from the Black Country, then they'd always say "But you're not black". :facepalm2:
Original post by IlexAquifolium
or that's not the most obvious problem I'd point to...

People. Please keep this in mind.
Original post by SpongebobSquarepan
What do you think?

That they're dumps I'm guessing but tbh there are plenty of worse places out there.

Original post by madders94
I'm a white Welsh girl (was born in Walsall but lived in Wales for as long as I can remember, and am Welsh by family) and I'm allowed to go to Walsall. I don't think it's a no-go area somehow :tongue:

On an aside, I hate saying I was born in Walsall. People always say "You don't sound Polish". I resorted at one point to saying I was from the Black Country, then they'd always say "But you're not black". :facepalm2:

Lol where were the people from? I've found certain parts of the UK you get the Black Country response of "but you're not black" or "that's racist, what's it really called" from almost every local but in other places I've never had either response. Norfolk is by far the worst I've been to for this. I've even had arguments about not needing a passport to visit Birmingham :tongue: and that I'm not a foreigner (I still haven't convinced most of them on that one lol)

Latest

Trending

Trending