The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Where do you shop? Glasgow Uni

Hey guys,

The University of Glasgow is my firm for September and im looking at places to but food and how close they are (I cant carry too much due to medical reasons) So i was wondering where about you guys stay, where your closest supermarket/shop is and how you find the prices?

Any feedback would be really helpful,

Thanks!
Amy!
Original post by Ajay13
Hey guys,

The University of Glasgow is my firm for September and im looking at places to but food and how close they are (I cant carry too much due to medical reasons) So i was wondering where about you guys stay, where your closest supermarket/shop is and how you find the prices?

Any feedback would be really helpful,

Thanks!
Amy!

There's a Starbucks, Subway and Greggs right beside the campus, outside of the Hillhead station. There are also a good few restaurants dotted up and down Byres road. So if you're on campus for whatever reason, a place to get a bite to eat is only 5 minutes away - plenty of choice as well. As for supermarkets, there's a Waitrose further up Byres road; think there's a wee Tesco as well, but someone correct me if I'm wrong. :tongue:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
I live on Kelvinhaugh Street where there are a lot of student halls.

There is a small Tesco just along the street and there is apparently going to be a small Sainsbury's at the end of the street once the building work is finished. I mainly shop at Morrisons which is about a 15 min walk away.

You could get your shopping delivered if carrying stuff is an issue? Tesco/Sainsburys/Asda and Waitrose all offer delivery. I think Iceland on Byres Road offers a home delivery service as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending