The Student Room Group

Have you ever changed or wanted to change your name?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by tamimi
By the force invested in me by the ministry of names, I hereby announce your middle name "Chief Dragon Lover".

:biggrin: I don't have a middle name, give me one!!!

Also, I'm trying really hard to work out what your name could be.
Reply 121
Original post by syrettd
:biggrin: I don't have a middle name, give me one!!!

Also, I'm trying really hard to work out what your name could be.

I don't have a middle name. Hence all my legal forms look like they're full of typos and errors.

However, you shall be from hereby onwards known as Apalala. The guardian of the wooden stove behind the shed.
Reply 122
Original post by tamimi
I don't have a middle name. Hence all my legal forms look like they're full of typos and errors.

However, you shall be from hereby onwards known as Apalala. The guardian of the wooden stove behind the shed.

Sweet :biggrin:
Original post by Annie72
Matthew is an epic name!!...My Mum's Dad was called that, as is his son and my second son.

My Mum wanted to call me Octavia or Stella.....both are nice names :smile:

My middle name, James is the traditional 'Lowson' name as it were. - My granddad's middle name was James, I have an Uncle James, a cousin who is an Andrew James, and as I said, my brother is called James.

It comes down to - my mum told me that someone asked her in the maternity ward whether she really liked Matthew James as a name. - Mum said that of course she liked it - that's why she picked it didnt she? She also told me the name of the little girl born to the lady who'd asked her the question, a name which she thought was hilarious. But being polite said she thought it was a lovely name.

*not telling in case the poor girl is around TSR :ninja:*
Well, seeing as my name is 13 letters long, now shortened to 8 letters, I sometimes wish my name were easier to pronounce. I wear a name badge at work but ppl still call me all sorts of variants of my name. I've been called salmonella! :angry:
I wanted to change my name to Jenny :smile:
Reply 126
I changed my surname to my mothers, it was my way of saying that after 10 years of ****, 5 years of abandonment, and a hell of a lot of anger, I was ready to let go, and tell my father to **** off once and for all :smile: It was the best decision I ever made, I doubt I'd have been where I am now if I hadn't made that step.
Reply 127
Since numerous people stated they changed their name via internet deed polls, I was curious what that is and went to the relevant Wikipedia page.

I quote:

There is a great deal of confusion, within the UK particularly, about what a deed of change of name actually is. Although in theory it's nothing more than a document that can be prepared at home free of charge, due to the common expression "to change one's name by deed poll" many people incorrectly think that "Deed Poll" is an official Government office or similar where one registers a change of name. Numerous websites have sought to capitalise on this misunderstanding by creating official looking, yet completely unnecessary 'deed poll' websites that charge people to create these documents on their behalf.[3]

If this is actually true (and I think it is), you do not have to pay any website money for doing that!
Reply 128
Original post by damilola
Well, seeing as my name is 13 letters long, now shortened to 8 letters, I sometimes wish my name were easier to pronounce. I wear a name badge at work but ppl still call me all sorts of variants of my name. I've been called salmonella! :angry:

What's so difficult about Samuella? If that's your name :colone:
I got deed poll forms and filled them out with my friends when I was drunk. I attempted to change my name to "Vladlena Fedoseev" because we searched Russian names and thought that would be the best one. Thankfully I posted it and didn't enclose a check and some information so my name is still normal.
Original post by Sir Fox
What's so difficult about Samuella? If that's your name :colone:

my name is Oluwadamilola, shortened to Damilola, I dunno how they got salmonella from Damilola but hey.
Reply 131
my name is Oluwadamilola, shortened to Damilola, I dunno how they got salmonella from Damilola but hey.

Eh, in that case I have to admit that I can understand the confusion :biggrin: First I thought that your parents may have some weird attitude towards names, then I remembered that I've come across that name in some Nollywood movies, so you're Nigerian?
Original post by Sir Fox
Eh, in that case I have to admit that I can understand the confusion :biggrin: First I thought that your parents may have some weird attitude towards names, then I remembered that I've come across that name in some Nollywood movies, so you're Nigerian?

yuh, Nigerian, my name had to be a complete sentence :tongue: non-Nigerian who watches nollywood movies? :curious:
Reply 133
yuh, Nigerian, my name had to be a complete sentence :tongue: non-Nigerian who watches nollywood movies? :curious:

German who lived in Ghana :wink: Frankly, I was usually just rolling on the floor due to the acting etc. :colone: Especially liked The Beast, the main actor is somehow ubiquitous in Nollywood ...

By the way, what does your name mean?
I am quite happy with my name

Roger de Hocquiteme
Original post by puddingandpie
I haven't got a middle name and would really like to give myself one. I love the name Blanche (from watching Upstairs Downstairs) because it sounds really old fashioned but lovely.

Has anyone else ever changed their name? Or would you want to in the future?

How difficult is it, I think you do it via Deed Poll

Yeah I wanted to change my name to puddingandpie but the name was already taken.
Original post by Annie72
I've got it!!!.......I reckon his name is James James :tongue:

It's probably not though :redface:

could also be something likeeee.. thomas thomas? o:
Original post by tamimi
By the force invested in me by the ministry of names, I hereby announce your middle name "Chief Dragon Lover".

coooll!!!

but that means i now have 5 names!!! :biggrin:

Lol imagine a register being read out! lmao
Reply 138
Not really... Just introducing myself by another name seems weird. As if I'd be lying!
Original post by Sir Fox
German who lived in Ghana :wink: Frankly, I was usually just rolling on the floor due to the acting etc. :colone: Especially liked The Beast, the main actor is somehow ubiquitous in Nollywood ...

By the way, what does your name mean?

ah, I see.Yeah same here, unfortunately :frown: I'm not very patriotic when it comes to Nollywood but I haven't seen the beast yet :/
My name means 'God has blessed me with riches'

Quick Reply

Latest