The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

New OU Structure - Confused

I've been preparing to register for the OU's Law degree for a while now. I had hoped that once registration opened they'd post more detailed information about the degree. Sadly this hasn't happened.

They appear to now offer the option of studying 120 credits a year, at least that's the impression you get from reading various sections such as 'How much does it cost'. However no where on the site does it actually give any details about studying 120 credits at a time.

My main reluctance about studying 120 credits in the past was that key courses overlapped because of the start points.

Have I missed something?
Reply 1
Anyone doing 120 credits is effectively doing full-time study. I think the modules would almost certainly overlap at least partly - in fact, since they seem to be shifting ever more towards October starts, I suspect they'd run in parallel the whole way through - but since full-time students in a brick uni generally would be studying more than one module at a time, I imagine that's not seen as a particular issue. Could be awkward right at the beginning if you need to have done one of your Level 1 modules in order to be able to do the other(s), though - I s'pose it depends on the subject.
(edited 12 years ago)
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Quick Reply

Latest