The Student Room Group

Degree completed and now stuck

I've completed an undergraduate degree in health and social care with the OU. Whilst doing my studies I had to give up employment as a deputy care manager to become an SGO.
On completing my studies, I always felt I either wanted to progress onto becoming a care manager, or to go on and do a masters in becoming a social worker.
Now my studies are complete I feel so worn out, and confused as to where or what I want to do? I even feel as if I've waisted the degree, due to being so unsure!
It's as if I've hit a brick wall!!
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Ershep1975
I've completed an undergraduate degree in health and social care with the OU. Whilst doing my studies I had to give up employment as a deputy care manager to become an SGO.
On completing my studies, I always felt I either wanted to progress onto becoming a care manager, or to go on and do a masters in becoming a social worker.
Now my studies are complete I feel so worn out, and confused as to where or what I want to do? I even feel as if I've waisted the degree, due to being so unsure!
It's as if I've hit a brick wall!!

Post study burnout is really common, give yourself time and space. Much worse to just jump into something again. You might need time to process what you have just been through. I did the OU and it was intense and socially isolating and felt lost after and sick of my subject also. It came back after a few months so dont rush yourself.

Take care,

Greg

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending