The Student Room Group

SCLY3 Beliefs in Society June 2012 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
I actually prefer crime and deviance to this topic :/
I am worried by predictions I am going to revise them too much and neglect the 'easier' questions, and it will be those which come up.

How predictable is sociology?
Original post by eyre2
ive hardly revised for this!!

Fail to prepare then prepare to fail. ;D

Wednesday is almost upon us! Can't wait for this exam to be over, I hope the questions aren't too difficult to understand, let alone write about...
Reply 123
Globalisation - Nanda: Globalisation & God. Looked into how globalisation has influenced India as a country but also the culture. Found that science and capitalism are firmly active, however religion still influential. Most of those interviewed claimed they are more religious, as Hinduism is incorporated heavily into their capitalist system etc.
Reply 124
Original post by R3cognize

Wednesday is almost upon us! Can't wait for this exam to be over, I hope the questions aren't too difficult to understand, let alone write about...

I can only echo this!
Reply 125
Original post by R3cognize

thanks for the motivation :biggrin:
Reply 126
What do you write for a question on postmodernism? Like the overall structure.

Can't wait for wednesday evening -.-
Reply 127
Any more predictions guys? Yous have been great so far :smile: do you think 'conservative force or social change' will come up?

Is it all these topics that are more likely to come up?

Science and Ideology
Globalisation
Postmodernism
Secularisation
Marxism

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 128
Original post by pearls
I actually prefer crime and deviance to this topic :/

noooo way, crime and deviance was urgghhh. thank god i'm not retaking it :smile:
Reply 129
Original post by xnatsix
What do you write for a question on postmodernism? Like the overall structure.

Can't wait for wednesday evening -.-

I'm not gonna comment on structure because it relates really to the question, however get these people and things in:

Lyotard - features of a postmodernist society (including lakc of security, consumerism, identity crisis etc.)

Lyon - religion is in the sphere of consumption, study about religion in disneyworld

Bauman - society is dynamic and fluid, loss of faith in the metanarrative

Baudrillard - the image has detached itself from reality, losing sacred meaning etc.
Reply 130
Original post by LCT1000
Any more predictions guys? Yous have been great so far :smile: do you think 'conservative force or social change' will come up?

Science and Ideology
Globalisation
Postmodernism
Secularisation
Marxism

I don't know about whether it will come up or not, but I would love a 33 marker on conservative force/social change! Fingers crossed :smile:
Reply 131
Original post by LCT1000

Science and Ideology
Globalisation
Postmodernism
Secularisation
Marxism

That's what my teacher has predicted :smile: fundamentalism as well and gender i think. hoping we get social change though, as it comes up in nearly every exam in some form!
Reply 132
Do you reckon Marxism will come up as a 33 marker?
And gender as a 9? that's what I'm thinking!
Maybe Fundamentalism too?
Reply 133
Pulling an all-nighter tonight. Currently mid-Globalisation. Hope everyone's finding revision easy enough.
Reply 134
Original post by alexsasg
I don't know about whether it will come up or not, but I would love a 33 marker on conservative force/social change! Fingers crossed :smile:

just to clarify - 'conservative force' is when it hinders social change is that right?
Reply 135
Can someone give me a good layout for how to answer a 33 marker and an 18 marker please. so so soo confused :confused:
Reply 136
Also how would you lay out a question on fundamentalism?
Reply 137
Can someone tell me what came up in June 2011
Reply 138
Original post by Grace*
just to clarify - 'conservative force' is when it hinders social change is that right?

yep!
Reply 139
Original post by Naf*
Can someone tell me what came up in June 2011

9 mark - fundamentalism
18 - social change
33 - secularisation
33 - assess the view that NRMs are mainly for the middle classes and young

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending