The Student Room Group

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Who's guilty?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lumberjack77

dude should be sued or even jailed, not just fired

the media is out of control.

deliberately altering information to create social unrest is not new when it comes to the MSM but it has to be taken more seriously.

like the ******* spike lee who tweeted zimmermans home address, except it wasn't even the right one and the people there were getting death threats
Reply 181
Original post by DorianGrayism
I don't think so. Otherwise I don't know how he would have expected to follow Trayvon Martin when when he said Trayvon was running.

I didn't say that he should have looked like anything. I am saying that he should have required medical attention immediately after due to the severity of the attack described by Zimmerman himself.

I am using his words. Zimmerman's brother said if "he was banged one more time you know.....wearing diapers for the rest of his life and being spoon fed by his brother".

Therefore,according to the testimony, the head injuries are severe enough to be admitted into hospital since he felt he was going to suffer permanent brain damage. If you have your head smashed against a pavement multiple times by a person intent on killing you, it is very likely that you will have sustained a very severe head injury that requires medical attention.

Hitting your head on the floor and being cut is not the same and probably will not require extensive monitoring.

Well the very fact that he admits to losing Trayvon does rather suggest he didn't quite keep up with him.

So you expect someone, in the heat of the moment, whilst being assaulted, to make a medically valid conclusion? I've had points in my life where I felt as if my arm was about to snap in two, where my gut has felt fit to burst and where, ys, I have felt as if I would be knocked out by blows to the head. None of these have ever required me to go to hospital, though not through lack of effort on somebody elses' part. Unless you want to claim that Zimmerman is some kind of medical professional, his judgement in the heat of the moment as regards the serverity of his own injury really doesn't amount to all that much.

Oh, and when I said I had my head smashed on the floor, I meant by someone :fyi:
Original post by Steevee
Well the very fact that he admits to losing Trayvon does rather suggest he didn't quite keep up with him.

Well sure. I didn't expect him to keep up with Trayvon. He is an overweight guy running after someone who seems to be fairly good shape.

Original post by Steevee

So you expect someone, in the heat of the moment, whilst being assaulted, to make a medically valid conclusion? I've had points in my life where I felt as if my arm was about to snap in two, where my gut has felt fit to burst and where, ys, I have felt as if I would be knocked out by blows to the head. None of these have ever required me to go to hospital, though not through lack of effort on somebody elses' part. Unless you want to claim that Zimmerman is some kind of medical professional, his judgement in the heat of the moment as regards the serverity of his own injury really doesn't amount to all that much.

Oh, and when I said I had my head smashed on the floor, I meant by someone :fyi:

But the difference is that after the incident, you have changed your conclusion.

His defence is that "he was banged one more time you know.....wearing diapers for the rest of his life and being spoon fed by his brother". He is stating that is what would have happened to him and that Trayvon Martin was trying to murder him. That is his defence. He is not stating the way he felt at the time.
Reply 183
Original post by Steevee
Sounds to me like he followed him :colonhash:

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/29/police-surveillance-video-of-zimmerman-may-show-head-injury/

And what did you expect? Movie style blood gushing everywhere, maybe a nice big comical black eye?

I wouldn't expect that, but for a laceration of that size I'd expect at least some blood on the shirt (I know it's black and red but there are no visible stains, there would be some). You can't see much on him and the action of shooting Martin seems completely disproportionate to he damage that seems to have occurred.
Reply 184
Original post by Mufasaa
I wouldn't expect that, but for a laceration of that size I'd expect at least some blood on the shirt (I know it's black and red but there are no visible stains, there would be some). You can't see much on him and the action of shooting Martin seems completely disproportionate to he damage that seems to have occurred.

And we have what? Grainy CCTV footage. You see the injury to his head, and what, don't believe it because you don't see a stain you expect to see on his shirt? :s-smilie:

And no, not at all. Zimmerman was being physically assaulted by Trayvon, with Trayvon atop him, his response was appropriate. I am a firm believer in 'Stand your ground' and the right to defence. You assault someone and they have a gun, you deserve to get shot. That's the long and short of it in my mind. I will not shed a tear or even feel bad for Trayvon. Just as I wouldn't feel bad for Zimmerman if everything occured the other way round. When you make the decision to assault someone, you pay the price.

Well sure. I didn't expect him to keep up with Trayvon. He is an overweight guy running after someone who seems to be fairly good shape.

But the difference is that after the incident, you have changed your conclusion.

His defence is that "he was banged one more time you know.....wearing diapers for the rest of his life and being spoon fed by his brother". He is stating that is what would have happened to him and that Trayvon Martin was trying to murder him. That is his defence. He is not stating the way he felt at the time.

Hmm, so you say Zimmerman lost him, could not keep up etc.....then what reason did Trayvon have to go back and violently confront him? :colonhash:

And no, his brother was stating how Zimmerman felt when he made the decision to shoot Trayvon.
Reply 185
Why is there mass outrage whenever a black gets shot by a white guy yet very little gets said for all the white victims of black gun crime?

Trayvon was a criminal scumbag. I'm glad he's off the streets. Anybody who is a career criminal needs shooting, regardless of race. If they can't live civilly then I have no sympathy if someone puts a bullet in them.
Original post by Steevee

Hmm, so you say Zimmerman lost him, could not keep up etc.....then what reason did Trayvon have to go back and violently confront him? :

Well, sure. Zimmerman says in the 911 Call, that he lost him. I never said otherwise. I don't think he would have made that up.

I don't know if Trayvon went back and violently confronted him. The Forensics or an independent eye witness would have to verify that claim. You are the one who keeps on claiming that Trayvon confronted and assaulted him. What evidence, outside the testimony of the shooter, supports this?

Maybe Zimmerman saw him again after he had refused to meet the police at the mailboxes and put the phone down. By this point, Trayvon supposedly stated to his girlfriend that he would not run any longer. I think that is also a possibility.

Original post by Steevee

And no, his brother was stating how Zimmerman felt when he made the decision to shoot Trayvon.

The brother said that Zimmerman would be dead or severely brain damaged. Furthermore, he says that Medical Records would vindicate these statements. So his brother does not attempt to portray them as the way Zimmerman "felt". He portrays them as actual fact about the physical condition of Zimmerman because that is his defence.
(edited 12 years ago)
So much ignorance in this thread. With many who failed critical thinking :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
George Zimmerman's dad is a judge, and he has been bailed out SEVERAL times by his father for SEVERAL different crimes, and that is why he has not yet been arrested.
And for all those saying he was provoked.. Trayvon Martin was on the way to buy some 'candy' (americans eh) when he was followed by Zimmerman on the grounds he was 'suspicious'. Now it seems to me that Zimmerman would have made the first move, prompting a reaction from Trayvon. Zimmerman was even on the phone to the police the moment before he killed Trayvon, so what was he saying? Why haven't the tapes been released? He was not assaulted by Trayvon... even if he was, the gun laws in Florida are so screwed up its hard to know if what he has done is a crime, even though its morally wrong.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Zeffy
Why is there mass outrage whenever a black gets shot by a white guy yet very little gets said for all the white victims of black gun crime?

Trayvon was a criminal scumbag. I'm glad he's off the streets. Anybody who is a career criminal needs shooting, regardless of race. If they can't live civilly then I have no sympathy if someone puts a bullet in them.

people like you annoy me, but 10/10 troll.
Reply 191
Sounds like usual blacks with a chip on their shoulder.
Original post by DontBeJelBeReem
And for all those saying he was provoked.. Trayvon Martin was on the way to buy some 'candy' (americans eh) when he was followed by Zimmerman on the grounds he was 'suspicious'. Now it seems to me that Zimmerman would have made the first move, prompting a reaction from Trayvon. Zimmerman was even on the phone to the police the moment before he killed Trayvon, so what was he saying? Why haven't the tapes been released?

A lot of the 911 Tapes have been released. It corroborates some of Zimmerman's account.

Original post by DontBeJelBeReem

He was not assaulted by Trayvon... even if he was, the gun laws in Florida are so screwed up its hard to know if what he has done is a crime, even though its morally wrong.

Well, no one knows what happened. I don't see how it is "morally wrong" to act in self defence if Trayvon assaulted Zimmerman with the intention of killing him.
Reply 193
Arrested FINALLY
Reply 194
White peopl getting the blame of blacks for a hispanic man of Jewish descent lol very racist against whites they are.
Reply 195
Original post by JackAVFC
White peopl getting the blame of blacks for a hispanic man of Jewish descent lol very racist against whites they are.

I agree, the racism is more to whites rather than blacks.
Reply 196
Original post by Coben
Arrested FINALLY

And overcharged. Alan Dershowitz:

“You’ve seen the affidavit of probable cause. What do you make of it,” Smerconish asked. “It won’t suffice,” Dershowitz replied without hesitation.

“Most affidavits of probable cause are very thin. This is so thin that it won’t make it past a judge on a second degree murder charge,” Dershowitz said. “There’s simply nothing in there that would justify second degree murder.”

Dershowitz said that the elements that would constitute that crime are non-existent in the affidavit. “It’s not only thin, it’s irresponsible,” said Dershowitz.

Dershowitz went on to strongly criticize Corey’s decision to move forward with the case against Zimmerman. “I think what you have here is an elected public official who made a campaign speech last night for reelection when she gave her presentation and overcharged. This case will not if the evidence is no stronger than what appears in the probable cause affidavit this case will result in an acquittal.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/harvard-prof-alan-dershowitz-zimmerman-arrest-affidavit-irresponsible-and-unethical/
Reply 197
8/10 black Americans have already decided he is guilty based on nothing but hearsay.
Original post by snozzle
8/10 black Americans have already decided he is guilty based on nothing but hearsay.

Which part is hearsay?
Reply 199
Which part is hearsay?

The murder part.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending