The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: THAT's my Fave, Because of THIS!

Scroll to see replies

Newly found one. I LOVE my gum an quite fussy about it, rarely trying new ones. But I had one recently which came in a square box with strips. On one side it had pink bubblegum flavour and blue strips on the other. They were juicy and I loved the packaging, and for flavoured ones they mainted it pretty well. Also, I love American extra flavours but they can't win as I can't get them often!

Whats your favourite order from Frankie and Bennies? (main)
Reply 381
Oh I know the one you mean! I also got that and really liked it, I also agree on american extra flavours, we just had a shop open up in Newcastle that sells loads of american sweets and they've got loads of the extra desert delights gum!

Sticky pasta (no mushrooms) because it's just so delicious and sweet and savoury in just the right way.

What's your favourite cocktail?
Reply 382
Blue Lagoon. Delicious.

Favourite main dish from an Indian that isn't a curry?
Reply 383
My local does chicken tikka skewers which are lovely, I love chicken tikka meat so it's probably why :biggrin: other than that (and English dishes but it's sorta a crime to get English stuff from a Indian takeaway...) the rest of the mains they offer is curry.

Favourite starter from zizzi?
Arancini, because I didn't expect them to be as nice as they were and the trying something new experience payed off for me. I love it when you go out and then afterwards look back like, "ah, they were actually really nice, weren't they?!" What a good discovery!

Favourite chocolate in the latest Celebrations tin?
Reply 385
Why Melissa, that just has to be Maltesers Teaser! All the others are simply smaller versions of the big bars, where the teaser offers an entirely unique experience, much like the Crunchie Bite used to do in Heroes back yonder.

What is your fave and why of... Loaf-style cakes (madeira, triple layer angel, cherry, jamaican etc)
Marble, I like chocolate I like vanilla well why not have both?

Favorite popcorn flavour?
Toffee popcorn, because it just has that extra burst of taste. Usually salted or sweet just tastes dull.

Favourite herb ?
Basil, I know its dull but I love it on pizza or salad its so versatile.

favourite soft drink?
Does flavoured water count? If so, Asda no added sugar passion fruit. It's healthy without feeling boring. I don't even like the taste of water usually. I could drink my 8 liters a day of this easy!

Favourite dish you've seen cooked and would eat on EPIC MEAL TIME?
Reply 390
The candy BBQ. That stuff sounds amazing. Sugar overload :biggrin:

Epic Meal Time substitutes meat with assorted candies for this barbecue dish, featuring burgers made of chocolate Rice Krispies treats and doughnuts with colored icing condiments, Oh Henry! hot dogs, a steak made of chocolate chip cookie dough and covered in chocolate, Kit Kat fries deep fried in cotton candy batter and a potato salad made of marshmallow creme and M&M's.

Mm...

Favourite thing to eat off Man V Food?
The lobster roll he had in Portland, Maine. It looked so good and I never get to eat lobster a lot :frown:

Favourite type of stuffing? (For turkey/chicken etc)
Original post by twelvepenguinbugs
The lobster roll he had in Portland, Maine. It looked so good and I never get to eat lobster a lot :frown:

Favourite type of stuffing? (For turkey/chicken etc)

First world problems

I don't eat stuffing.

Favourite on the go snack?
Reply 393
Tehforum, you shouldn't answer if your answer is merely "none" or "nothing" - thats just poor show.

My favourite type of stuffing, penguinbugs, is the simple sausage sage stuffing. It elevates otherwise plain poultry to perfection whilst simultaneously remaining tasty to eat alone... The sign of awesome stuffing.

Whats your fave, and why, of coleslaws?
Original post by TotoMimo
Tehforum, you shouldn't answer if your answer is merely "none" or "nothing" - thats just poor show.

My favourite type of stuffing, penguinbugs, is the simple sausage sage stuffing. It elevates otherwise plain poultry to perfection whilst simultaneously remaining tasty to eat alone... The sign of awesome stuffing.

Whats your fave, and why, of coleslaws?

This may sound a silly answer but my favourites tend to be the reduced fat, 50% less fat versions..as this usually means reduced MAYO. Which can often be overloaded. I enjoy coleslaws for their crunch and raw, fresh vegetable elements. Which are highlighted in these.

which fox's biscuit is your favourite and why?
Reply 395
Original post by MelissaJayne
This may sound a silly answer but my favourites tend to be the reduced fat, 50% less fat versions..as this usually means reduced MAYO. Which can often be overloaded. I enjoy coleslaws for their crunch and raw, fresh vegetable elements. Which are highlighted in these.

which fox's biscuit is your favourite and why?

Fox's triple biscuits! I enjoy the slight coconut flavour. When dipped in tea they do have a tendency to 'shed' crumbs, but it's worth the risk for the melty chocolate innards.

(close call between those and chocolate fudge crunch creams though)

Favourite Quaker product? And why, damnit?
Reply 396
Harvest Crunch. Though I've only had two varieties (apple and raisin and tropical) I love this product. I think I prefer the tropical though both are good, a great mix of crunch to sweet fruit ratio. And the clusters aren't huge like some other granolas, meaning no mouth harm! And theres a good amount of fruit so each spoonful has a good balance. S'just good! With milk or on yoghurt.

Favourite type of Mcflurry and why?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by dani_1991
Harvest Crunch. Though I've only had two varieties (apple and raisin and tropical) I love this product. I think I prefer the tropical though both are good, a great mix of crunch to sweet fruit ratio. And the clusters aren't huge like some other granolas, meaning no mouth harm! And theres a good amount of fruit so each spoonful has a good balance. S'just good! With milk or on yoghurt.

Favourite type of Mcflurry and why?

Toffee crisp Mcflurry. Because they were so good I at one point thought I was genuinely addicted. Like literally, I'd be unhappy til I had my toffee crisp mcflurry fix. Little chocolate balls with that toffee sauce all clumped up mm mm MMM!

Favourite flavour of Findus crispy pancake and why?
I havent had them in ages but I used to like the cheesy one they did. Why? Because I havent tried any of the others :tongue:

Favourite yoghurt flavour?
Original post by Mocking_bird
I havent had them in ages but I used to like the cheesy one they did. Why? Because I havent tried any of the others :tongue:

Favourite yoghurt flavour?

Probably Muller Mississippi Mud Pie. Because I'm yet to taste a yoghurt I enjoy more. It is dangerously, illegally good. And the fact it's limited scares me.

DON'T TAKE IT AWAY AGAIN.

favourite product from a pig?

Quick Reply

Latest