The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: THAT's my Fave, Because of THIS!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Sounds boring but Frosties/Ricicles tie. The reason is that other frosted cereals, like Shreddies, have a default product I find more pleasurable. Regular Shreddies are sweet enough and lose their distinct maltiness with sugar.

But Frosties and Ricicles have been about so long they almost seem worlds apart from Cornflakes and Krispies; base products that seem to be TIMES TENNED by the addition of frosting. Also, no matter how much your mum says, adding sugar to cornflakes is NEVER "the same" as Frosties. Ever.

Your fave and why of THINGS TO EAT WITH PICKLE?
Reply 581
CHEESE.
It's about the only thing I eat with pickle if I'm honest. And I don't even eat cheese and pickle that much any more. But I used to have cheddar cheese and pickle sandwiches. They were OK and all, but not my favourite sandwich choice. Good for a change, and if there's pickle to be eaten, cheese that baby up!

FAVOURITE AND WHY OF: FOODS FROM THE WORLD FOOD ISLE?
PASTA.
This was hard, as I do ADORE the world food aisle. Stir fries are my favourite and I love curries..but pasta is just SO versatile. It carries so many different things. And not to mention pasta bake, macaroni cheese etc.

Favourite and why of boxes of chocolate
Reply 583
Quality Street, after much MUCH diliberation. It's got a good variety, I enjoy all of them and still have my favourites. Whereas celebrations and heroes have the whole 'we removed half the flavours, and left you with some great and some so-so's', quality street remain constant, giving you variety and chocolate satisfaction. Mingles are just disappointing, and Milk Tray just tastes all the same really. Thorntons is good, but less variety and more expensive. QS all the way.

Favourite Christmas sweet treat? (cakes, pies, sweets etc)
Homemade mince pies. Because I don't have these at any other time of year. Chocolate and all the rest of it, isn't exclusive to christmas. Plus, even though I hated them as a kid, I've grown to really love them now. And I enjoy making them so much, I've mastered the pastry!

Favourite green vegetable and why?
Reply 585
Peas. One of the few vegetables that are really pleasant to eat, and of course they're very easy to prepare.

Favourite sauce to have in a bacon roll?
Reply 586
Honestly - Sprouts. Broccoli rules, Savoy rules, but sprouts have a rich flavour you get nowhere else. Also there's the "I'm giant eating normal-sized cabbages" factor.

What's your fave and why of KELLOGGS BARS?
Reply 587
Coco Pop Rocks bars. Because it actually tastes chocolatey, and you can have fun pulling it apart and eating each piece. It's fun and tasty basically :biggrin: frosties/coco pops are pretty good too, but the rocks is tops :smile:

FAVOURITE FOOD THAT MAKES YOUR FINGERS STICKY WHILE EATING?
Reply 588
I'll answer the one from above about bacon rolls.

I'd say brown sauce, I love the tanginess of it and I think it goes really well with crisp smoked bacon better than ketchup does (and it can disguised the taste of my mother in laws awful bacon so well! I don't know how she does it, but she spoils bacon some how)

What's your favourite pick-n-mix sweetie?
Reply 589
Chocolate covered honeycomb, it's like little balls of heaven. Sweet melty, gold heaven.

FAVOURITE FOOD THAT MAKES YOUR FINGERS STICKY WHILE EATING?
Proper BBQ ribs. I'm no expert in the field but I went to a place by that statue of Nelson in London (clearly no expert in Geography either)..but yeah, I had the NICEST ribs ever there. They had so much meat. And the sauce was lush, I didn't care that I was on a day out and got totally messy and sticky. Licking it off my fingers was a definite must.

favourite food to snack on whilst watching TV?
Reply 591
I wanna say cereal, but there's always the effort when the milk runs out and you gotta go get more, at least you can keep the cereal box by you if necessary. Damn you 'Keep Refridgerated'. And yoghurt is good too, but I always wanna clear up the pot afterwards...So for the favourite, I'd say a pack of crisps, especially big share ones, like Nando's or Sensations. I actually usually make basically a picnic, where I have like cucumber sticks, some ham and crackers, some cereal, maybe some fruit/dried fruit, seafood sticks etc, so I don't have to just have one :wink: But seen as your being specific, crisps! Convenient and crunchy. :biggrin:

FAVOURITE GRILLED FOOD?
Venison burgers. Don't fry them. Don't you dare BBQ them. Don't oven roast them. Put them on a grill and let them do their magic. They only take like 10 minutes at most. Not a bit of fat, so tasty, so juicy. Just..perfect. And they're becoming more available now, and cheaper. Well, than they were before, anyway.

favourite activia yogurt flavour?
Strawberry. Boring I know. Not overly keen on most fruit yoghurts. Especially ones with bits in.

Favourite way to have chicken? (grilled, fried, barbecued, etc)
Reply 594
Original post by OU Student
Strawberry. Boring I know. Not overly keen on most fruit yoghurts. Especially ones with bits in.

Favourite way to have chicken? (grilled, fried, barbecued, etc)

I'm not too aware of much difference between them especially between bbq and grilled....but I do know that southern fried chicken is :drools: so that's my favourite.

Favourite pork based MEAL?
Original post by Fusion
I'm not too aware of much difference between them especially between bbq and grilled....but I do know that southern fried chicken is :drools: so that's my favourite.

Favourite pork based MEAL?

Sweet and sour pork.

Favourite thing to have with yoghurt? (fruit, granola, etc)
Reply 596
Greek yoghurt with strawberries and honey, mmmm.

What's your favourite lunch in a hurry?
Reply 597
Grabbing a Marks and Spencer sandwich, because they taste like God manufactured atom-sized angels to dance on my tastebuds to "Rhythm is a Dancer". Sure, they cost £28.50 and the place is always PACKED, but in a hurry, I take the hit. I'm in a rush, I'm stressed, I need my tiny tongue-angels brah.

Your fave and why of FOODS FROM A VENDING MACHINE?
Reply 598
Favourite food from a vending machine has to be a chocolate bar, screw all those drinks and crisps nonsense. Sure, if you're like dying for a drink, a vending machine is like an oasis in the desert, but in terms of normal enjoyment, it's chocolate ALL the way. There's something about them all lined up, ready to do the leap of faith down to you that's so inticing. Had a Kinder Bueno bar and Peanut M&Ms for the first time in YEARS from a vending machine on holiday because no shops were open (3am in Amsterdam - you think they would be!), they were SO damn good, though I'm not sure if it was the convenience or the chocolate itself, or a mixture! But it was good :biggrin:

FAVOURITE SNACK FOOD TO DISECT/PULL APART AND EAT THE PIECES SEPERATELY?
Reply 599
It's a tossup between a Zinger Tower burger, where I eat the "core" Zinger burger components as a burger and eat all the "Tower extras" separately as I feel they totally ruin it.
that, or Turkey Dinosaurs, where I pretend im the T Rex toying with my breaded prey. Munch! There goes your tail, Brachiosaurus!!

I also enjoy doing it with Mars Bars, Kit Kat Senses (old one, the newer recipe blandsville caramel, notsomuch), Empire biscuits, Pink and Whites...

FAVE AND WHY OF VEGETABLE AND SAUCE COMBO?

Quick Reply

Latest