The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: THAT's my Fave, Because of THIS!

Scroll to see replies

Ah, so many options. But for me it has to be..florentines. A new discovery after a secret santa gift and been addicted since. These really are wonderful, they appear like a shiny cornflake cake but the taste is sophisticated deliciousness. The chocolate coating pairs so well. It's like the perfect marriage..like, William and Kate, in food form. (love ya wills n kate 4evaz)

favourite way to use a tomato?
Original post by MelissaJayne
Ah, so many options. But for me it has to be..florentines. A new discovery after a secret santa gift and been addicted since. These really are wonderful, they appear like a shiny cornflake cake but the taste is sophisticated deliciousness. The chocolate coating pairs so well. It's like the perfect marriage..like, William and Kate, in food form. (love ya wills n kate 4evaz)

favourite way to use a tomato?

YES. FLORENTINES. YES YES. Finally someone else shares my love! :biggrin:

Favourite way to use a tomato would be cherry tomatoes, grilled in the oven on homemade kebab skewers. actually no!!! BRUSCHETTA!!! Chopped tomato with basil bit of oil on some crispy bread (sorry Toto I like ciabatta damn it).

Favourite use of mint?
MINT SAUCE. I love it, it's my favourite jar condiment (meaning not including tommy k, brown sauce, bbq etc) More in the 'cranberry, apple' etc division.

I love it in particular with lamb kebabs, bbq'ed. They just pair together so well, the fresh minty flavour cuts through the almost fatty taste of lamb. Perfect.

Favourite MARS chocolate product (company not individual bar)
GALAXY. Because anything responsible for Minstrels and Galaxy Cookie Crumble gets my vote.

FAVOURITE MESSY DESSERT?
Reply 1584
A REALLY, REALLY GOOEY CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE.

If you can eat it and remain totally clean, then you're eating the damned thing SO wrong. It's so decadent, so fudgey, so naughty, that you have to just eat it like the sinner you are!!

YOUR FAVE AND WHY OF THINGS THAT ARE DESTROYED/CRUMBLE/SHATTER AFTER THE FIRST BITE?
I was gonna say Easter Eggs, but I usually break it before the first bite, so doesn't really count. So instead, it's gotta be...
MERINGUES. A lot of people really don't like these, and think they're pointless, but honestly, I really like meringue. It's the way it fizzles and dissolves in your mouth.

I really like them, whether they be the huge ones the size of your head, or the mini ones that are bite size.

FAVOURITE GUILTY PLEASURE TO EAT FOR BREAKFAST?
A full english. It's so..greasy and..builders breakfast. Let's be honest, it's hardly admired cuisine or top-notch cooking but it tastes DAMN good. I rarely eat one without some feeling of guilt being involved along the way but it is SO worth it and I go back there time and time again. The mushrooms..mmm..

Favourite savoury meal containing fruit?
spanish chicken. its chicken in a tomato based sauce with pineapple :

favourite hot beverage?
HOT CHOCOLATE. The really creamy, basically a chocolate bar melted, kind. But only as an occasional indulgence, the rest of the time its tea or hot cordial.

FAVOURITE RED FOOD?
After much thought, I think I'm going to go for tomatoes. They are so versatile and I don't think a day passes I don't use them..simply grilled with salt, or as cherry tomatoes, on the vine as a part of a nice dinner, tinned tomatoes as a sauce for many different foods. And tomato ketchup! My diet would be seriously altered without them, in a negative way.

Favourite EVER chocolate collectionbox (Lindtt, thorntons, milk tray etc)
Favourite... EVER?! Are you kidding?! That's ridiculously hard :O Okay, well, I'll try...
Hm... so not selection like Celebrations? Okay, chocolate boxes... Hm...
I really liked Green And Black's Tasting Collection, a nice variety. The Lindt chocolate selection is really nice, I love the dark chocolate ones, and the hazelnut ones, and the red ones for that matter. But I wasn't too keen on the white chocolate ones, so it just misses out on my favourite chocolate selection. Milk tray and dairy tray are a tad disappointing to me. GAH. I really can't choose! Okay, for now, I'll say THORNTONS CONTINENTAL SELECTION. I like the range they have, and it's all top quality, and only one alcoholic one! And one coffee one, which I actually enjoyed. GEE WIZZ IT'S A MIRACLE. But the other ones are divine in my view, from the Alpini one, to the Sicilian Lemon Moose. They are so different, but all so good. (N.B. I was bought it as a present, I don't love myself enough to spend £15.00 on chocolate).

FAVOURITE ONE CHOCOLATE IN A SELECTION BOX?
Original post by dani_1991
Favourite... EVER?! Are you kidding?! That's ridiculously hard :O Okay, well, I'll try...
Hm... so not selection like Celebrations? Okay, chocolate boxes... Hm...
I really liked Green And Black's Tasting Collection, a nice variety. The Lindt chocolate selection is really nice, I love the dark chocolate ones, and the hazelnut ones, and the red ones for that matter. But I wasn't too keen on the white chocolate ones, so it just misses out on my favourite chocolate selection. Milk tray and dairy tray are a tad disappointing to me. GAH. I really can't choose! Okay, for now, I'll say THORNTONS CONTINENTAL SELECTION. I like the range they have, and it's all top quality, and only one alcoholic one! And one coffee one, which I actually enjoyed. GEE WIZZ IT'S A MIRACLE. But the other ones are divine in my view, from the Alpini one, to the Sicilian Lemon Moose. They are so different, but all so good. (N.B. I was bought it as a present, I don't love myself enough to spend £15.00 on chocolate).

FAVOURITE ONE CHOCOLATE IN A SELECTION BOX?

Your clear pain and suffering in answering that question amused me. I'm sorry. Hahaha. It's a tough question though. You really need to try Hotel Chocolat selection boxes xx
Original post by MelissaJayne
Your clear pain and suffering in answering that question amused me. I'm sorry. Hahaha. It's a tough question though. You really need to try Hotel Chocolat selection boxes xx

Sadist! :tongue: and ah I would but they're so damn expensive!
Coffee chocolates. Everyone hates them but I love them, I go for them straight away! It's not as intense as people think it's going to be; it's like having a sweet coffee.

FAVOURITE TYPE OF CHEESE.
Cheddar!! I know there's a million cheese I could have picked but cheddars always overshadowed them all for me...
Just so versatile, looks appetising, tastes great as it is or melted or in a sauce - love the texture, I could go on...
It's not like some of the cheeses out there that just try too hard. Cheddar doesn't need to try. It's great as it is :wink:

Favourite juice drink consisting of 2 fruits?? (Eg apple and pear, or orange and grapefruit, etc)
Reply 1595
Orange and mango yum!!

Favourite fast food restaurant??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1596
Original post by Bonnbbb
Orange and mango yum!!

Favourite fast food restaurant??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw, you only read half of the topic title :frown:
Reply 1597
BK. I like the authentic tasting burgers they use, their fries are underrated, their range of burgers is pretty diverse, they sell onion rings which make a change, and I prefer their restaurants which are usually less crowded than mcd's.

Favourite sauce on a chicken burger?
Mayo, which is super weird given I don't usually like mayo, ever. But with chicken burgers, I genuinely would never have any other sauce. Especially since McChicken sandwiches, it's like my 'ideal' chicken burger is based on that model so I have to copy it exactly.

favourite Nando's flavour (mango, lemon, medium, mild etc..)
Reply 1599
Original post by TotoMimo
Aw, you only read half of the topic title :frown:

Oh noo sorry!

Orange and mango because i like the bitterness of the orange combined with the sweetness of the mango... And it is usually a really smooth drink :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest