The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: THAT's my Fave, Because of THIS!

Scroll to see replies

Salted toffee (only available in Costco).

How many sugars do you put in your coffee/ tea?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1781
None

Whats your fave chewing gum
Reply 1782
I have poo flavoured corn flakes for breakfast. YUM™

Posted from TSR Mobile
My favourite chewing gum is just the blue Extra because it's refreshing without being overpowering

Fave and why of foods involving marshmallow?
I was going to say Lucky Charms, but then I remembered Froot Loops with Marshmallows, and they're so SO much better! It's like Lucky Charms on speed :biggrin: And whilst I do like Teacakes or Rocky Road bites, few things make me smile quite like a bowl of pure sunshine and e-numbers!

FAVOURITE USE OF CHERRIES/CHERRY FLAVOUR?
Cherry Poptarts :coma: Need to get back over to USA and get me some of those bad boys.

Favourite savoury breakfast?
Ah there's so many and different moods/occasions fit different ones. Cheese and ham croissants, for instance are great, but only once in a blue moon. I also like a fry up, but very very rarely, because it makes me feel a tad bit guilty, and it's also more of a brunch/lunch for me. And bacon and eggs - mmm. And boiled egg and soliders! Oh the nostalgia! But my favourite would have to be SCRAMBLED EGG AND TOAST. It's simple, not too heavy in the morning but still tasty and filling.
Essay over.

FAVOURITE BITESIZE/MINIATURE FOOD?
I recently got little bitesize chocolate biscuits from Sainsburys in a pouch which were great for a recent find, but not my favourite ever. I'd have to go for bitesize sausage rolls. A random choice but I am seriously craving one right now, they're always right where I will head on a buffet table, they're great hot or cold, relatively inexpensive and you can find them anywhere/everywhere.

favourite way to eat sausage?
In a sarnie. Sausage sarnie with ketchup is the way forward! I just like the effect that the hot sausage has against the bread and how all the juices are absorbed by it. It HAS to be cheap white bread too.

FAVOURITE LIMITED-TIME ONLY DRINK FROM ANY COFFEE SHOP?
In a sausage roll? The miniature ones, as you said, are amazing. Like pure amazing. But seen as these have just been mentions, I will instead say wrapped in bacon. Pigs in blankets kick ASS. They're awesome in the sausage realm, though I do like hotdogs and battered sausages, pigs in blankets are just so damn good.

EDIT: Limited drink? Costa's Honeycomb hot chocolate, I think it's limited edition?

FAVOURITE MICROWAVED SWEET FOOD
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1790
Melt a chopped, RIPE, banana in microwave for a minute and it goes sooo sweet and gooey. Then mix in peanut butter and let it melt. Delicious.

Favourite thing to do with... cottage cheese 😜?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Throw it in the bin because it's horrible. :wink:

Favourite snack to buy for under £1?
Aw come on, that's a rubbish answer!

Original post by Yazz_xo

Favourite thing to do with... cottage cheese ?

CHEESECAKE. I like sweet stuff, so cheesecake is good :biggrin: I'm not a big fan of it, and I like pancakes/crepes with mascarpone, but I'm not sure that's the same thing? So cheesecake, but the fruity kind, because I find the chocolate stuff way too heavy, whereas fruit works.

Original post by amyshamblesxx
Throw it in the bin because it's horrible. :wink:

Favourite snack to buy for under £1?

Snack for UNDER £1? Tricky... Depends what I'm buying it for, if it's a pick me up, then CHOCOLATE (e.g. a Crunchie), if it's for snacking, then SNACKAJACKS salt and vinegar flavour.

FAVOURITE FOOD THAT COMES IN A JAR?
Cottage cheese cheesecake, are you sure pet? You might mean soft cheese! Cottage cheese is that lumpy savoury one I thought? That you put on a cracker or a jacket spud and what not?

Favourite food in a jar ATM is probably picked beetroot (crinkle cut). Don't ask me why crinkle makes it better, it just does. My sister has been craving pickled stuff in her pregnancy so it's always around so I'm eating it by the bucket! (well, the jar.)

favourite heinz product?
Original post by MelissaJayne
Cottage cheese cheesecake, are you sure pet? You might mean soft cheese! Cottage cheese is that lumpy savoury one I thought? That you put on a cracker or a jacket spud and what not?

favourite heinz product?

Wow, how embarrassing... I should really learn to read ey! It was this that threw me off:
Blueberry pancakes with cottage cheese http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/blueberryandbaconpan_84138

Anyway, I'm 100% with you on the beetroot thing.

And favourite heinz product? It would probably be their TOMATO SAUCE.
whilst I love their Tomato & Veggie Pasta Shells Mini Meals, and their 'Big Soups', and the beans are just a classic, the sauce is the ultimate classic, so it's gotta be that. It's not even the taste, it's just... it's THE tomato sauce. It's just...right.

FAVOURITE GLOOPY-CONSISTENCY FOOD?
HUMMUS. It's full of protein and good fats but it's so tasty and filling. It's really easy to make from scratch to but, being a student, I often just buy it instead as it's cheaper.

FAVOURITE SAVOURY, HOT GUILTY PLEASURE?
GREGG'S SAUSAGE ROLLS. greggs-sausage-roll.jpg They're so damn lovely, and they're all oily and greasy and just, comfort. ACTUALLY. I take it all back, they are comfort food, but for ultimate guilty pleasures, it's GOTTA be BATTERED SAUSAGE AND CHIPS 7604352010_cca4f58064_z.jpg. I only get this like once every few months, maybe even less, but it's so good.

FAVOURITE WAY TO HAVE/EAT BREAD (e.g. toast, fry, bread and butter pudding)
Soliders! All cut up cute and small to dip in my egg. Bread LENDS itself to yolk, they are a perfect couple.

Favourite and why of HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE recipes?
Quorn mince. If I'm on a health kick I will replace mince with the quorn version because it's so much lower in calories and fat and it doesn't taste THAT different, as long as you have it swimming in bolognese/chilli con carne sauce. Plus if you use fresh tomatoes, onions, herbs etc you can make a pretty healthy sauce to go with the mince.

Favourite meal to have on your own?
NACHOS. It's a tough call, I like quite a few meals, but most have more pleasure when eaten with soneone else. Battered sausage and chips from the chippy is fantastic, and easy, but I wouldn't have it by myself because it's a meal that is nicer with others. Nachos however, are easy and fun and tasty, and make for a great uni meal because they're just simple but tasty stuff!

FAVOURITE DINNER TO HAVE WHEN YOURE FEELING UBER LAZY?

Quick Reply

Latest