The Student Room Group

Keeping getting together at Uni- what does it mean?

I’m a 19 year old girl at Plymouth uni (fresher). I met a guy about 5 weeks ago through a friend, and we went to pre-drinks at his house before a party. I got pretty drunk, probably more so than the others at pre-drinks. The party was poor so later we chilled in his bedroom. By the end of the night we were spooning in his bed (other people were in there talking) but I think it was more myself initiating through my tispy-ness. 2 weeks later he was at a Uni club night, I liked him a litte bit and we were dancing together for hours and we ended up getting with each other . I got rather tipsy because before I saw him friends kept being my friend and I drinks. He was really sweet and looked after me; at the end of the night he was like do you want come back to mine? I wasn’t sure at first but he insisted it was just for cuddles. At his we kissed for a while and I did a little bit more for him but I REALLY regret this because it was way too soon for my usual standards. I guess this lead him on and he asked whether he should get a condom and I said no let’s not. (I’m still a virgin just because I want to wait for the right person first), we just cuddled after that all night. In the morning we watched tv and I walked home a few hours later in his hoodie.
I invited him to my birthday pre drinks at my house which was a week or so later and was quite nervous about him turning up because for 1, I didn’t know if I liked him properly in that way and 2, I didn’t want it to be awkward ..but it wasn’t at all, it was really natural. As it was my birthday, everyone was trying to get me suitably drunk before we hit the club later and it worked because I lost ring of fire and had to down a massive dirty pint. So after about an hour and half of being in the club we got together again. I asked him about the hoodie and he said keep it for a while. At the end I wanted to go home with him for cuddles but didn’t because didn’t want to seem too easy because I knew I had too much to drink so I walked home with a flatmate.
Do you think because I went home with him the second time we met he thinks I’m easy? because I’m not that type of girl at all-I haven’t had a proper boyfriend before but I feel I have little control over everything because of being drunk each time! :/ He mentioned a few times about taking me about for a meal. We have text quite a lot since but his replies are quite short and slow but I have had all replies. I’m sort of anxious he thinks I’m a slut/easy because we haven’t had a real opportunity to have a proper conversation, although I do think we get on well. Do you think he likes me or wants to see me rather than just hook up? My friend says he's 'slimey' but I think she might be jealous because he seems lovely and genuine. Sorry such a long message! Have you had similar experiences at Uni?
Reply 1
Let him take you out for a meal, that way you'll get to know him better outside of being drunk and be able to decide if you like him or not, and then take it from there.
Reply 2
Any other guys or girls opinions would be great. Thanks Persov, if it happens it will be in a few weeks after exams. I'm a little scared because I haven't really met him 100% sober yet and the planning it before hand thing makes me nervous- silly I realise..
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
At the end I wanted to go home with him for cuddles but didn’t because didn’t want to seem too easy because I knew I had too much to drink so I walked home with a flatmate.
Do you think because I went home with him the second time we met he thinks I’m easy?

I don't think he thinks you're easy! He knows that you didn't want to actually have sex and he respected that :smile:. The fact he's invited you out for a meal since is promising.

When I was first dating my current boyfriend I worried about this kind of thing too. The first 'date' we went on I wouldn't let him do more than hold my hand in the cinema and later down the line (after a number of dates) we had sex but when we went out two days later I refused to let him come back with me (because I feared he might think it was only for sex that I was interested-- turned out the poor guy missed his last bus and walked home for 3 hours!). BUT even though we laugh about that last instance now (and I only recently admitted to him that that was the reason I didn't want him to come back with me) it ended up for the best and he respected my decision :smile:.

Keep going as you are and see how things turn out :smile:.
If he wants to take you out and actually talks to you in daytime kinds of says he's interested, and not just for an "easy pull". You're obviously not "easy" as you wanted to wait before doing anything, and he seems to respect that. Go to dinner with him and see how it goes - there's obviously an attraction between you already.
Reply 5
Original post by lilywolf

I wouldn't let him do more than hold my hand in the cinema and later down the line (after a number of dates) we had sex but when we went out two days later I refused to let him come back with me (because I feared he might think it was only for sex that I was interested-- turned out the poor guy missed his last bus and walked home for 3 hours!). BUT even though we laugh about that last instance now

Awww Lily, that's soo cute! I see many similarities between us!
he always takes ages to text back which I don't mind because I take just as long back but he replies reallllly late at night :/
Do I just ignore my friend saying he's slimey until I know him better? apparently this was because he tried to put his arm around her shoulder before he did it to me later in the night but I guininely think this was just friendly! lol
Reply 6
bump.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending