The Student Room Group

I have strong feelings for him but does he like me back?

So there's this guy I really really like (both of us are 18) and I met him when I started my current job maybe 4/5 months ago. Our manager has been dropping not so subtle hints to me about him as well. I don't know him that well as he's been off for exams and holidays for around half of the time we've worked together. Because if this I can't tell if how he is around me is how he is around everyone (I think this is most likely) what are some signs I should look for to tell if he does actually like me as well?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So there's this guy I really really like (both of us are 18) and I met him when I started my current job maybe 4/5 months ago. Our manager has been dropping not so subtle hints to me about him as well. I don't know him that well as he's been off for exams and holidays for around half of the time we've worked together. Because if this I can't tell if how he is around me is how he is around everyone (I think this is most likely) what are some signs I should look for to tell if he does actually like me as well?

It can be challenging to decipher someone's feelings, especially if you haven't spent much time together. However, there are some signs you can look out for to gauge if he might be interested in you. Keep in mind that these signs are not foolproof, and it's always best to communicate directly with the person if you feel comfortable doing so. Observe how he behaves around you. If he leans in when talking to you, makes eye contact, or faces his body towards you, these could be signs of interest. Does he seek out opportunities to talk to you or engage in conversations? Initiating communication can indicate he enjoys talking to you. If he remembers small details about your life or previous conversations, it could mean he pays attention to what you say, which may suggest he has feelings for you.Playful teasing, light touches, or compliments may be signs of flirting. However, be aware that some people are naturally more flirtatious, so consider the context and how he behaves with others.
Reply 2
Original post by Agrann
It can be challenging to decipher someone's feelings, especially if you haven't spent much time together. However, there are some signs you can look out for to gauge if he might be interested in you. Keep in mind that these signs are not foolproof, and it's always best to communicate directly with the person if you feel comfortable doing so. Observe how he behaves around you. If he leans in when talking to you, makes eye contact, or faces his body towards you, these could be signs of interest. Does he seek out opportunities to talk to you or engage in conversations? Initiating communication can indicate he enjoys talking to you. If he remembers small details about your life or previous conversations, it could mean he pays attention to what you say, which may suggest he has feelings for you.Playful teasing, light touches, or compliments may be signs of flirting. However, be aware that some people are naturally more flirtatious, so consider the context and how he behaves with others.

We don't really see each other that often during our shifts as we usually have complete opposite tasks but when we spoke about our uni choices and stuff a while ago he remembered me talking about it a couple weeks beforehand and asked me if I had changed my mind since then... He is someone that manages to make me feel better instantly when I'm feeling a bit *****y or having trouble with my anxiety. I'm pretty sure he's just being himself though and isn't consciously thinking about it if that makes sense?

He's constantly on my mind and when we get the rotas I notice I check his shifts before I check my own and hope we have the as many of the same shifts as possible...

Anything I could do to subtly hint/show him I like him without being obvious/direct or having to say it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending