The Student Room Group

Oxford MPhil/MPhil + DPhil in Economics 2024

Has anyone heard anything?
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

No, how about you today?
Nothing, but saw on Grad Cafe 3 people getting into the Mphil, I am guessing they applied either to the MPhil+DPhil or DPhil and got moved to MPhil. I am not sure if this means rejection for whoever hasn't heard back since in previous years they just sent all the acceptances in a single batch.
Original post by Anonymous #2
Nothing, but saw on Grad Cafe 3 people getting into the Mphil, I am guessing they applied either to the MPhil+DPhil or DPhil and got moved to MPhil. I am not sure if this means rejection for whoever hasn't heard back since in previous years they just sent all the acceptances in a single batch.
That's what I thought too. Acceptance last week and trasnfer to MPhil this week...
Haven’t seen anything from people that applied to just MPhil tho
Perhaps it's worth emailing them?
Has anyone received offers for MPhil+DPhil or DPhil? The MPhil offers today are for those applications to MPhil+DPhil, but in previous years there were cases where MPhil+DPhil applicants were transferred directly to DPhil. Shall we keep any hope? :frown:
Original post by Anonymous #2
I am pretty sure that all of them applied to MPhil+DPhil tho.
Original post by Anonymous #4
I am pretty sure that all of them applied to MPhil+DPhil tho.
Aren't decisions for Dphil and MPhil+DPhil taken together though? At least funding-wise
Has anyone received offers for MPhil+DPhil or DPhil? The MPhil offers today are for those applications to MPhil+DPhil, but in previous years there were cases where MPhil+DPhil applicants were transferred directly to DPhil. Shall we keep any hope? :frown:
I don't have much hope at this point. Given the previous years, i don't think they will send further acceptances.
Original post by Anonymous #3
I don't have much hope at this point. Given the previous years, i don't think they will send further acceptances.
Indeed, I've assumed rej. This year is f**king insane, not just for Oxford. I've received rej from almost all my applications. Last year, the number of applications declined significantly, and this year, the number bounced back. My colleague worked in a high-ranked uni (> Manchester, for anonymity), and he's part of the admission team this year. They have rejected RG uni first-class degrees this year, which would be insane and impossible 2-3 years ago.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Indeed, I've assumed rej. This year is f**king insane, not just for Oxford. I've received rej from almost all my applications. Last year, the number of applications declined significantly, and this year, the number bounced back. My colleague worked in a high-ranked uni (> Manchester, for anonymity), and he's part of the admission team this year. They have rejected RG uni first-class degrees this year, which would be insane and impossible 2-3 years ago.
yeah I can relate, got bachelor, master from the top two unis in UK, 1 year of pre-doc and it has been awful so far...no clue what I can do more
yeah I can relate, got bachelor, master from the top two unis in UK, 1 year of pre-doc and it has been awful so far...no clue what I can do more
That is insane... have you applied for Cam? Haven't heard back from them yet despite some offers being sent out weeks ago...
Aren't decisions for Dphil and MPhil+DPhil taken together though? At least funding-wise
Not sure. I asked two ppl on another forum and all of them were 2+2 applicants.
That is insane... have you applied for Cam? Haven't heard back from them yet despite some offers being sent out weeks ago...
No, I have applied for LSE (rejection) and Oxford MPhil+DPhil as well as just DPhil...haven't heard anything yet
No, I have applied for LSE (rejection) and Oxford MPhil+DPhil as well as just DPhil...haven't heard anything yet
Sorry to hear that and fingers crossed.
Has anyone heard anything today?
Any acceptance for M/DPhil so far? What’s your background? Thanks
I applied to just MPhil and haven't heard anything back
Any updates for anybody? I applied for just MPhil and nothing yet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending