The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deyesy
Crazy times for a very cray person :u:

Took me about 15 minutes to figure out how to quote on this...gawd.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 7981
Original post by happydays
huh, pretty good. Internets pants tho so heard it in stops n starts. Never heard that b4. weird 4 me as listen to radio all day everyday

Probably depends on which radio station to listen to :')

Original post by Harpoon
Aww, that's no good! And finished uni yesterday so I'm just chilling while everyone else is revising :colone:

It'll be over in 2 weeks :tongue: S'all good ^^ I would just sit around everyone still revising with a smug look on my face tbh :mmm:

Original post by Vamp1reWeekend
Took me about 15 minutes to figure out how to quote on this...gawd.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

At least you managed to figure it out? :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Deyesy
It'll be over in 2 weeks :P S'all good ^^ I would just sit around everyone still revising with a smug look on my face tbh :mmm:

Ah that's good :P And yeah, I have been doing, I was locked in our cellar yesterday for doing it! Didn't stop me though :mwuaha:
Original post by SciFiBoy
I have Dyspraxia...I try incredibly hard in exams and do a ****load of revision and stuff, just my brain is awful at memorizing things for high pressure things like tests, plus when I get there I am awful at remembering how to structure things. I get lot's of support for this, but even with that, at best in exams I get like 65%, motivation is more recent exam/coursework wise, when I was at school I managed to do them and stuff, but since then it's much harder cause I just feel like, I tried so hard at my GCSE's and did so mediocre, what's the point making all that effort to not do well enough? is why I did a BTEC thing instead of a-levels, Uni is much harder though, my mood has been so low last 2 years that motivating myself even for coursework is damned hard, no idea how I passed my first year even, well, only got 52% but im amazed I even got that. I just have no confidence in my own ability from experience.

most things like hobbies I tried, I stuck with them sometimes for like a year or longer, but just can't get good at things, even like videogames, I play them a lot for fun but never any good at them either. is also small things like I drop things a lot or get confused as to what im trying to say as im saying it or do/say something other than what I meant to (some of this again is due to Dyspraxia)

um, like, everyone I met at school, almost everyone I met at college too, only at Uni and other college that people didn't say that to me, but I guess they are just nicer there or more mature or something. but I got the hint y'know, plus girls never take any real interest in me, so is either that im ugly or I have an awful personality, which I probably do, but hey I thought being nice to people was a good thing, so idk.

I just have never really had any reason to think that I have any strength to cope with things.

Hello,

I am 26 and I have Dyspraxia too. Had lots of issues in life and couldnt get a job after Uni due to messing up the interviews (dyspraxics will know what I mean).

But to give you hope I am self employed with multiple income streams, I live life exactly on my terms, I dont have a boss, I dont have to deal with co workers using me to get where they want. All of the negatives of dyspraxia are a non-issue (except for relationships, I wish I could find a dyspraxic gf).

You got to think of the positives of Dyspraxia, there are positives, and I am glad. It meant I got severly bullied, which was bad, but now it helps me... when you have been picked on by people who dont speak english you develop a very acute sense of your surroundings, body language etc.
Also it meant I can see humans for what they really are; shallow, controlling, in essence only caring about themselves (most of them anyway) and it has helped me to iron out those characteristics in myself and figure people and their agendas out very quickly.

Seriously mate I am doing well at life and if I can then you can, so dont worry :smile:
Original post by thesmileyone69
Hello,

I am 26 and I have Dyspraxia too. Had lots of issues in life and couldnt get a job after Uni due to messing up the interviews (dyspraxics will know what I mean).

But to give you hope I am self employed with multiple income streams, I live life exactly on my terms, I dont have a boss, I dont have to deal with co workers using me to get where they want. All of the negatives of dyspraxia are a non-issue (except for relationships, I wish I could find a dyspraxic gf).

You got to think of the positives of Dyspraxia, there are positives, and I am glad. It meant I got severly bullied, which was bad, but now it helps me... when you have been picked on by people who dont speak english you develop a very acute sense of your surroundings, body language etc.
Also it meant I can see humans for what they really are; shallow, controlling, in essence only caring about themselves (most of them anyway) and it has helped me to iron out those characteristics in myself and figure people and their agendas out very quickly.

Seriously mate I am doing well at life and if I can then you can, so dont worry :smile:

hey, thanks, is nice to know im not the only one here :redface:

that sounds cool :smile:

I hadn't really thought about it that way before, but I guess is probably true that I see things differently as a result of what I went though too.

thanks, I hope I can work things out too :smile:
Reply 7985
Revision nearly done for the day. So, so tired :frown:
Reply 7986
Original post by Phusathi
Hey I'm new here... can anyone give a helping hand? :smile:

Help with not being single? Maybe in a few years.
Reply 7987
DONE.

Exhausted but done.
Original post by Deyesy
DONE.

Exhausted but done.

congrats :yy: you think you will do well in your exam? :smile:
Reply 7989
congrats :yy: you think you will do well in your exam? :smile:

If I don't then I'll absolutely gutted with the amount of work I'm putting in :lol:
Original post by Deyesy
If I don't then I'll absolutely gutted with the amount of work I'm putting in :lol:

haha :tongue: well good luck anyway :smile:
Reply 7991
Someone told me today that they liked me because ive got bad memory :K:
Reply 7992
haha :tongue: well good luck anyway :smile:

I started my preparation for it at the beginning of April :facepalm: I need to be careful to not wear myself out...
Original post by mia )
Someone told me today that they liked me because ive got bad memory :K:

do you? well, at least they like you :smile:

Original post by Deyesy
I started my preparation for it at the beginning of April :facepalm: I need to be careful to not wear myself out...

that's a lot of revising! yeah, don't want to burn yourself out before the exam :smile:
Reply 7994
do you? well, at least they like you :smile:

Apparently? :tongue: I don’t have bad memory I just don’t pay much attention to what people are saying. So when the same topic comes up again and im clueless they think its because ive forgotten.
Original post by mia )
Apparently? :tongue: I don’t have bad memory I just don’t pay much attention to what people are saying. So when the same topic comes up again and im clueless they think its because ive forgotten.

I don't know :tongue: that's why I asked you :smile: ah, well maybe you should pay more attention to what they say then? :tongue:
Reply 7996
that's a lot of revising! yeah, don't want to burn yourself out before the exam :smile:

Hopefully going to come out with an overall A >.<
Original post by Deyesy
Hopefully going to come out with an overall A >.<

that's great isn't it? :smile:
Original post by mia )

Ahh that explains a lot. :tongue:
Reply 7999
I don't know :tongue: that's why I asked you :smile: ah, well maybe you should pay more attention to what they say then? :tongue:

:tongue: neither do i tbh...i know im bad with remembering dates and stuff. lol that takes too much effort :tongue:

Original post by Spontogical
Ahh that explains a lot. :tongue:

how? do i do it to you too? :dontknow:

Latest