The Student Room Group

AQA Business Studies BUSS2 - 21th May 2012

There's a unit 1 thread so why not have a unit 2 one!

How far is everyone into revision??

Scroll to see replies

This is way too far down to forum :eek:

I'm not doing too badly, I have cue cards for the whole content and just need to focus on cramming everything into my brain (mainly benefits & drawbacks of different things, to use for the 10+ mark questions) and spruce up my exam technique ahead of the big day :biggrin:
I've done this exam twice previously and can't seem to get more than a C. Yet in BUSS3 I got an A first time?!

Anyone got any tips?!
Reply 3
Im guessing go over the past papers like 5/6 times
Like the above suggests, papers help. But you can't just rely on past papers for latter stages of revision like you can with science subjects - have to make sure you know the pros and cons of everything basically.

Really shocked that you have managed an A on Bus3 but not Bus2 though, I swear Bus3 is the hardest one? :confused: It's definitely the one I'm dreading to be honest! It also falls on the same day as my Politics Unit 4, which isn't so great. :rolleyes:
Reply 5
Original post by HeyyImRyan
Like the above suggests, papers help. But you can't just rely on past papers for latter stages of revision like you can with science subjects - have to make sure you know the pros and cons of everything basically.

Really shocked that you have managed an A on Bus3 but not Bus2 though, I swear Bus3 is the hardest one? :confused: It's definitely the one I'm dreading to be honest! It also falls on the same day as my Politics Unit 4, which isn't so great. :rolleyes:

What did you get in Buss2??
Original post by QwertyG
What did you get in Buss2??

I haven't :cool: I'm self-studying, sitting units 1-4 all this exam period :biggrin: I've only done one practice paper for unit 2 so far, as it's the last exam of all my AS' so I've got more time to focus on it (from 17th - 20th; Politics unit2 & Business unit2 both on the 21st!)
Reply 7
Is anyone just using the CGP book to revise??
Original post by Sophie1805
I've done this exam twice previously and can't seem to get more than a C. Yet in BUSS3 I got an A first time?!

Anyone got any tips?!

you're not alone, i'm re-sitting buss2 for the second time, got an A on buss3 and buss1.. something about this paper i just can't seem to get my head around and i don't know what! really stressing :-(
Reply 9
Damm man I need 104 ums for this exam to get an A overall, doesnt seem like its going to happen
Reply 10
My third resit as well, need an A. This January I got 90 UMS and missed out an 8 mark question because of time. I'm doing as many timed papers as I can this time, the loss of the 8 mark question could be the difference between Uni and not, I'm determined not to make the mistake again.
Reply 11
Im really worried, i got a U in buss 1 as well :frown:

does anyone know where there is a copy of january 2012 buss 1 paper?
Reply 12
Original post by QwertyG
Is anyone just using the CGP book to revise??

im using a cgp book aswell as my class notes
Reply 13
Original post by Benny100
My third resit as well, need an A. This January I got 90 UMS and missed out an 8 mark question because of time. I'm doing as many timed papers as I can this time, the loss of the 8 mark question could be the difference between Uni and not, I'm determined not to make the mistake again.

Did you use the CGP book revise in January??
Reply 14
Original post by QwertyG
Did you use the CGP book revise in January??

In January I barely did any revision for it however I looked through the Green Pearson education book. The book isn't great compared to the A2 Aqa book and is really long winded in parts hence why I just used my knowledge from Buss3 and applied it to this. Just get your timing right, If I had I would of been 100 UMS+ and on my way to York
Still dreading this exam.
Reply 16
Hi guys

I'm resitting business unit 1 on monday, cos the first time I did unit 1, I stupidly wrote outside the lines of the test paper for literally all the questions cos my handwriting is so big, I could barely fit everything on, I didnt know you had to ask for more paper very frustrating !! I got an E in unit 1 and an E in unit2, and a B in unit3 which I seriously don't understand. ! I'm resitting unit 2 as well ! Any advice ?
Reply 17
My problem with this exam is finding points...from the case study which have to be analysed. There was one question on suppliers - whether Divine Chocolate made the right decision to use those suppliers, there was nothing about quality, reliability or delays history.....
Reply 18
Original post by QwertyG
My problem with this exam is finding points...from the case study which have to be analysed. There was one question on suppliers - whether Divine Chocolate made the right decision to use those suppliers, there was nothing about quality, reliability or delays history.....

I did that yesterday. Talked about the brand reputation that came from their use of suppliers, due to the building of schools etc. linked this in to their position in the fairtrade market and why it was important to maintain this with the current market growth.

Against I talked about the premium price payed for the suppliers and how this was effecting the companies profability, the 10% premium or whatever it was.

I said it was the right decision to use it as the company doesn't care much for it's profits as it likes to reinvest in charity and kuapa support this. I said however it is debsatebale whether they could use another supplier anyways because they own 45% of the company
Reply 19
you know for a 13-15 marker how many points do you need to give, is one point with a counter argument and a evaluation OK to get full marks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending