The Student Room Group

AQA Business Studies BUSS2 - 21th May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
You know for the second case study it said that as price increases demand increases does that mean it was inelastic demand??
Reply 141
Original post by QwertyG
You know for the second case study it said that as price increases demand increases does that mean it was inelastic demand??

thats elastic :smile:
Reply 142
ahh i wrote inelastic :frown:
Reply 143
i swear it said it in the case study as well?? right next to the ped figure from what i can remember
Reply 144
Original post by thairshan
thats elastic :smile:

Wouldnt a price rise lead to a fall in demand if it was elastic??
Reply 145
1st question was elastic as it was mentioned (-2)
second question i mentioned inelastic demand which im guessing is wrong now
Reply 146
Original post by sufyan112
ahh i wrote inelastic :frown:

I thought the same :confused::frown:
Reply 147
Original post by QwertyG

yep demand would fall i said as a conclusion that she failed to notice from survey result as a result she had made the wrong decision
Reply 148
what did people write for consequences for the delegated budget question? 7 marks i think it was
Reply 149
Wrong decssions by managers mean - inaccurate figure therefore unecessarly causing the company to overspend and reduce chances of meeting her objective to maximise profits in the short term
Reply 150
ye i wrote something on the lines of that
got history tmrw arghh
later people
Original post by QwertyG

Yes indeed :smile: I used it to say she should lower prices and increase revenue, especially as her employees were saying she should do it anyways because the price was too high because of the poor customer service.
Reply 152
Original post by sufyan112
what did people write for consequences for the delegated budget question? 7 marks i think it was

Para 1

Disadvantage - Would distract them from their jobs as budgets is time consuming

Advantage - they would feel motivated and play a part in reducing labour turnover which is currently 24%

Para 2

Disadvantage - forgot i think i wrote about experience as one misallocation may ruin all the finances causing under/over spending

Advantage - they work in this field of what they are putting budgets so they alter the budgets around with the knowledge they obtained - as one of the managers (that do budgets) noticed that the elasticity was -2%
Reply 153
omg just looked at the ums converter on aqa and AN A IS in the range of 52-54

WTH

so I was panicing for nothing...

All this time I thought I could only lose 13 marks.
My bad.

How did you all find it?
For that pay question... was it performance related pay for the proper term?
Reply 154
Wrong decssions by managers mean - inaccurate figure therefore unecessarly causing the company to overspend and reduce chances of meeting her objective to maximise profits in the short term

Was that the question on whether that woman is correct from the manager's point of view?
Reply 155
Original post by Markz123
Was that the question on whether that woman is correct from the manager's point of view?

no consequences for the delegated budget
Reply 156
I wrote 72 % for the labour productivity question ?
Reply 157
Original post by QwertyG
Para 1

Disadvantage - Would distract them from their jobs as budgets is time consuming

Advantage - they would feel motivated and play a part in reducing labour turnover which is currently 24%

Para 2

Disadvantage - forgot i think i wrote about experience as one misallocation may ruin all the finances causing under/over spending

Advantage - they work in this field of what they are putting budgets so they alter the budgets around with the knowledge they obtained - as one of the managers (that do budgets) noticed that the elasticity was -2%

Pretty sure it asked for two reasons, how come you put 4?

I got 90/120 first time round doing this but getting 100+ would help sooo much with the other two exams... fingers crossed
How many marks was the question about whether they should have their prices 10% above rivals?

I wrote managers would have other jobs, and this I's ti,e consuming- is that wrong?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending