The Student Room Group

AQA AS Physics A Unit 2 25/05/12 - PHYA2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by und
Firstly, I think (please correct me if I misread the question), the question was concerning the energy in the whole system. Secondly, why did you multiply by 0.5 when you'd already multiplied the force by 0.5 to get 7.5N?

Oh, if that's the case then I'm wrong.. I didn't read it asking about the energy of the system so I just worked it out for 1 spring. I used the formula E=0.5Fe and worked it out, because the force on each spring was 7.5N..
Original post by uxa595
yesss, accel was 1.24 or something along that line :biggrin:

The worst Q for me was 1.

I put that a
vector : speed, displacement.
scalar: time, mass

is that right?

helicopter was like 9100

speed is a scalar, velocity is a vector
Original post by Little Wing
The question about phase difference was about STANDING waves NOT progressive, so you had to say 180(pi radians) difference betwwen the first two, and then 2pi or 0 difference between the first and the last. They were NOT progressive. FFS.

ye dude thats what we have been saying!
Reply 783
Original post by Dslash
I just said "out of phase" for both of them :facepalm:

Same here :P
Original post by uxa595
yesss, accel was 1.24 or something along that line :biggrin:

The worst Q for me was 1.

I put that a
vector : speed, displacement.
scalar: time, mass

is that right?

helicopter was like 9100

Vector : Velocity , displacement
Scalar : Speed , distance
Reply 785
Oh god it was a weird paper i thought :frown: And i know i lost 2 marks already cuz i forgot to say it has to be polarised for the last question :'(
Reply 786
Original post by blahblahh
And for the acceleration question i just used GCSE equations because it was average acceleration

Thats what i used too, but now im gettin a feelin im wrong cuz evri1 used SUVAT...

Usually average accelleration is jus a=v/t so surely wer right cuz it gave us the velocity they reached and in how much time, ther ws nthin 2 say acceleration ws constant...
What did people get for the gallelao question about the ball...

why does it go from a-b-c to the same height...i put conservation of energy and grav potential energy lost on way down is gained as kintetic on the way up cause non is lost as friction cause the slope was frictionless so goes to same height

then there was one where u had to draw a graph for the ball moving...i drew a standard terminal velocity curve that curves to start and then goes straight line and i put B at the point where it starts going straight

then there was a question about how this prooves the first law of newtons theory or w.e and i put the ball continues to move at constant speed becquse there is no overall resultant force...

hope this all made sense!
Original post by RyanGibbard
Lets try again. Past paper June 2009. Question 5.a)iii)

Same question as our one.

You're funny, but wrong.
Nobody seems to be discussing the last page.

Does anyone remember how they drew the three arrows?

For the point on the transverse wave, I put an arrow going down.

For the point on the longitudinal wave, I put an arrow going to the right.

For the wavelength I just drew an arrow from one compression to another.

AQA are so stupid. It wasn't clear whether they were referring to the point itself, or that part of the spring.
Original post by Pindi95
Thats what i used too, but now im gettin a feelin im wrong cuz evri1 used SUVAT...

Usually average accelleration is jus a=v/t so surely wer right cuz it gave us the velocity they reached and in how much time, ther ws nthin 2 say acceleration ws constant...

but it didnt say how much time it just said the distance..otherwise i'd have done it your way too
Would saying In phase and antiphase be sufficient for the 2 marks on that question?
Reply 792
Original post by Pindi95

They didn't tell you anything about time, I remember using v^2 = u^2 + 2as. I think the answer was 9.3 squared/70.
Original post by Jammie Dodgers
Would saying In phase and antiphase be sufficient for the 2 marks on that question?

Antiphase then in phase, yeah that's two marks.
what did you guys get for the extension question
Reply 795
Original post by Pindi95

Yeah I'm pretty sure you just used speed=d/t and a=velocity/time because thats what ive done for every other average acceleration question and it hasnt been wrong yet :smile:
Reply 796
Original post by ReviseAlex

why does it go from a-b-c to the same height...i put conservation of energy and grav potential energy lost on way down is gained as kintetic on the way up cause non is lost as friction cause the slope was frictionless so goes to same height

then there was one where u had to draw a graph for the ball moving...i drew a standard terminal velocity curve that curves to start and then goes straight line and i put B at the point where it starts going straight

then there was a question about how this prooves the first law of newtons theory or w.e and i put the ball continues to move at constant speed becquse there is no overall resultant force...

I put the same as you, I don't get how drawing that graph is worth 3 marks though? That's why I'm slightly worried.
Original post by ReviseAlex

exact same
Reply 798
Original post by Hamburglar
Nobody seems to be discussing the last page.

Does anyone remember how they drew the three arrows?

For the point on the transverse wave, I put an arrow going down.

For the point on the longitudinal wave, I put an arrow going to the right.

For the wavelength I just drew an arrow from one compression to another.

AQA are so stupid. It wasn't clear whether they were referring to the point itself, or that part of the spring.

i did up, left and mid of compression to mid of non compression.
Original post by wannawarner
what did you guys get for the extension question

0.088 and 0.35

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending