The Student Room Group

UCA Farnham 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'm looking to share a house as well if intrested?
Reply 41
Hey everyone, I'm going into my third year (animation) this year at UCA so if anyone needs and help or advice with anything at all, just ask :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 42
if any guy is looking for privite accomodation im looking to house share with someone. if your interested inbox me.
Reply 43
Original post by Crazings
I'm looking to share a house as well if intrested?

well i am hope we can get a place not to far from the uni itself
Reply 44
anyone got a spare room, finding it hard to get a place anywhere.
Reply 45
Good luck to you all living in halls, it's great fun, i was in the village last year and loved it. For anyone still deciding between main hall and village, they are right next to each other, it takes no longer to get to uni by living in the village. Main Hall has bigger rooms, although some of this rooms are shared rooms which is pretty lame. Student village has tiny tiny rooms, so if you are going to the village, don't do what I did and take everything i owned!

As for robyn, I'd suggest taking a trip to farnham and going to speak to the letting agents. Also worth calling Gilly at http://www.marlowslettings.co.uk/ she knows her stuff!
Hope that helped x
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 46
DILEMMA DILEMMA
i need help pls
i have just received my reading list and i cant find the books for my course im going to study the ba in product design and interaction and there are so many books i have no idea which one im meant to get. :frown:
Reply 47
Original post by Robyn1492
DILEMMA DILEMMA
i need help pls
i have just received my reading list and i cant find the books for my course im going to study the ba in product design and interaction and there are so many books i have no idea which one im meant to get. :frown:

How did you get your reading list?
Reply 48
i got an email to say i have an unconditional offer, then on the email there is a link to the course and welcome guide. i clicked it an another webpage opened. click the right hand side pack and it will be a pdf you can print. within this document is the reading list. what course are you studying? hope this helps. enrolment doesnt start til the 29th of august with 2 tasks, one online and 1 in the first week of the course.
Reply 49
Original post by DuckDog
How did you get your reading list?

i got an email to say i have an unconditional offer, then on the email there is a link to the course and welcome guide. i clicked it an another webpage opened. click the right hand side pack and it will be a pdf you can print. within this document is the reading list. what course are you studying? hope this helps. enrolment doesnt start til the 29th of august with 2 tasks, one online and 1 in the first week of the course.
Reply 50

Ah... I haven't got that email yet. My offer is conditional still :/ I'm doing digital film and screen arts so maybe we get our emails at different times?
Reply 51
Original post by DuckDog
Ah... I haven't got that email yet. My offer is conditional still :/ I'm doing digital film and screen arts so maybe we get our emails at different times?

true, you may have to wait until you have the results that are as the condition for your course. hope you get it soon. are you doing a levels, if so then ucas will automatically let uca know your results. then you may get the email after that.
Reply 52
true, you may have to wait until you have the results that are as the condition for your course. hope you get it soon. are you doing a levels, if so then ucas will automatically let uca know your results. then you may get the email after that.

Yeah I've done A levels. I'll just see if I'm in when I get my results I suppose
Hey I'm doing art and design foundation and in the progression day thing we were told we would receive a project to do over the summer but I haven't received one? Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me?
Reply 54
Original post by helloskyline
Hey I'm doing art and design foundation and in the progression day thing we were told we would receive a project to do over the summer but I haven't received one? Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me?

We weren't even informed when we were starting our course last year. The uni has pretty weak communication skills
Does anyone know when second year photographers start??!
Reply 56
hi, i think the summer project is just to carry on practising ur drawing skills and to bring those drawings to the first day of induction. that's what my welcome pack says and i am on the product design and interaction course.
hi, i think the summer project is just to carry on practising ur drawing skills and to bring those drawings to the first day of induction. that's what my welcome pack says and i am on the product design and interaction course.

I found it hidden in an online thing aha thanks though!
Original post by owwl
We weren't even informed when we were starting our course last year. The uni has pretty weak communication skills

oh man that sucks, we've been sent an online thing but its just alot nicer having things in the post!
Reply 59
Original post by helloskyline
oh man that sucks, we've been sent an online thing but its just alot nicer having things in the post!

not to sound like an eco freak but the uni will probably want to save money by not wasting paper sending out the information via post which will cost an arm and a leg in stamps to all the 1000s of students who will be attending the uni in september, and by sending the info by email it is then your choice weather to print it out or not. i have but at work so i havent had to pay out for paper, printer inks, etc.

Quick Reply

Latest