The Student Room Group

Should I let him have my revision notes?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Some "friend".
I'm kind of like your friend in this situation but just work much harder, my mate gives me some of his notes but only because he know he's more intelligent & also wants me to succeed well :smile: I make rubbish notes compared to him lol, I'm like not sure what to put down in lectuers while he's just scribbling down everything like a madman so in this case I think I'm perfectly entitled to them without feeling any guilt :cool:
Original post by Miracle Day
I give him all my resources for that exam, and after we got our results he jokes "lol all the revision you did, and we got the same grade" etc which was rather annoying and the fact my work never payed off has probably demotivated me hugely.

I just don't feel like I should give them to him :s-smilie:

Don't give them to him. Especially not after that comment. He needs to work for his grades. It's completely unfair that you do all the hard work and he reaps the benefits.
Reply 83
Original post by RollerBall
He's your closest friend and you don't want to help him succeed? What the hell, so what if he's lazy, you can help him get good grades.

You shouldn't want to help him as long as he doesn't get better than you. What sort of a selfish attitude is that to one of your best friends? You should have been happy he managed to get what he did with your help not take out your own **** ups in your exam on him.

This, this, this.

I would like to some of the reactions of the people in this thread if they needed help.
(edited 12 years ago)
He's his close friend for God's sake, not some random off the street. Do you ensure that everyone in your friendship circle gives you something for everything you give them? It's very likely he doesn't have a very good work ethic and has now realised he's a bit FUBAR without help from his friends.

Why should the OP punish his close friend for having a bad work ethic by making him do worse in an exam when he could help him score better with no additional effort on his part? If he's that bothered by it go and talk to him and say he needs to buck his ideas but he'll help him this time. All close friends should help each out in a rutt and not expect some sort of payment/return.

The fact you believe that he must receive some sort of payment/return services to help out a close friend is disgusting. Whenever you help out your best mate do you wonder what you'll get back from it before you decide to or not? Helping out a best mate and seeing them succeed because of your help should be reward enough, regardless of whether he's lazy or not. You're friends with him for a reason, that reason should be enough to warrent helping him regardless of why the situation arose. The fact that the OP can help him with literally no additional work on his part should be the icing on the cake.

See above.

I never said you were innately spiteful or stingy. I said you were bitter about your cock up in the exam and believe that you should do better than him, close friend or not.

I would piss myself if you turned out to vote conservative.
Original post by FallenPetalIsDABOMB
I would piss myself if you turned out to vote conservative.

Yes, I vote conservative. What's your point? I have a feeling I know what it is but it's so contrived and idiotic (basically ignoring half of my post) I'm hoping it's something else.
Reply 86
Charge him $
Yes, I vote conservative. What's your point? I have a feeling I know what it is but it's so contrived and idiotic (basically ignoring half of my post) I'm hoping it's something else.

Well, I'm just curious of your views towards jobseekers, nhs etc
Original post by FallenPetalIsDABOMB
Well, I'm just curious of your views towards jobseekers, nhs etc

If you can't see the difference between duplicating a set of notes which you have already produced for a close friend and jobseekers/NHS (without even giving my opinions on either) then frankly you are in no state to debate either policies with me.
If you can't see the difference between duplicating a set of notes which you have already produced for a close friend and jobseekers/NHS (without even giving my opinions on either) then frankly you are in no state to debate either policies with me.

Well, what is your opinion? Of course there is a difference! However there are similar principles.
With an attitude like that hell no! I would ditch that lazy ass punk :cool:
Reply 91
Original post by Iron Lady
It's being cruel to be kind.

It will make him wake up and realise that he needs to work hard if he plans on attending university and future employment.

In a few years time he will thank you that you broke his chain of dependency.

The standards in UK universities are a joke, I'm now in final year, got here by doing all course work the day before it due in; making up sources and putting them into my assignments.

I'm on track for a first, i'm NOT clever just strategic, while at university i have learned it isn't about the degree it's about your skills you develop in your personal time, for example programming etc. Most degree jobs don't even ask about the degree, just what can you do! and work examples.

The point i'm making is this, your friend may pass with your help but in the future he will be ****ed when he is asked to do stuff he has no clue about in a work place!

So all the people on here attacking the OP because of it **** you do not have a clue, hell.. why not share you girlfriend with him after you have fraped her? Why not let your friend use your car while you are not using it.

All your comments are flawed and these forums suck ass, so many retards/trolls that jump on any bang wagon to to fit in a crowed.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 92
Original post by Miracle Day

I don't understand people like you. Would it make you sad if he got a better grade than you? Even if he is lazy, if you don't give him these notes he will probably get some notes from someone else. You are not making any difference, and certainly you are not helping him to "stand on his own feet". That's just how some people roll and you can do nothing about it.

When I make something that I am proud of I share it with everyone and even offer to share it because it makes me happy that someone got a better grade or understood something because of me.

You should stop caring about others and look at your own result. Even if he gets better result, what the hell. Be happy for him, you did not lose anything by sharing, only made someone else happier.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 93
Hell no. Those are your notes, why should you put in all the long hours and not reap the rewards?

If it was a 50/50 thing where you helped each other or he had a reason for not working in this subject then fine, but just because he is lazy? Hell no.
Original post by Moa
I don't understand people like you. Would it make you sad if he got a better grade than you? Even if he is lazy, if you don't give him these notes he will probably get some notes from someone else. You are not making any difference, and certainly you are not helping him to "stand on his own feet". That's just how some people roll and you can do nothing about it.

When I make something that I am proud of I share it with everyone and even offer to share it because it makes me happy that someone got a better grade or understood something because of me.

You should stop caring about others and look at your own result. Even if he gets better result, what the hell. Be happy for him, you did not lose anything by sharing, only made someone else happier.

I would be with it if his attitude was better instead of being such an ungrateful lazy ass scrounger like the OP makes out. These reasons alone would put me off helping him completely :wink:
Reply 95
Original post by Multitalented me
I would be with it if his attitude was better instead of being such an ungrateful lazy ass scrounger like the OP makes out. These reasons alone would put me off helping him completely :wink:

My attitude is: "so what?". Let him be, he will eventually fall, but I will not be the one to punish him because why should I?

If I can make someone else's life easier without any loss, why not do it?

Also, who says he is ungrateful, I think he would thank the OP for helping him and be grateful for that. Even if it was 1000th time the OP was helping him (without any loss to himself, no extra work had to be done to help) I think that the friend would still be grateful.
(edited 12 years ago)
Just think of it this way, if he worked hard on something do you deserve it if you are in need and help? because if you don't then you shouldn't really expect any help from him either unless you are in fact stingy
Reply 97
Original post by Myth717
Damn I hate stingy people...

U want handouts? why don't u try to get it from some charitable organisation?:wink:

anyway. I believe in sharing, but as time goes by, if the same grp of ppl expect free notes again and again (that u hv spent time compiling)...ask them to go to their room & suck their thumbs!:biggrin:
Reply 98
Original post by Kworld
The standards in UK universities are a joke, I'm now in final year, got here by doing all course work the day before it due in; making up sources and putting them into my assignments.

I'm on track for a first, i'm NOT clever just strategic, while at university i have learned it isn't about the degree it's about your skills you develop in your personal time, for example programming etc. Most degree jobs don't even ask about the degree, just what can you do! and work examples.

The point i'm making is this, your friend may pass with your help but in the future he will be f-u-c-k-e-d when he is asked to do stuff he has no clue about in a work place!

So all the people on here attacking the OP because of it F-U-C-K + (YOU) idiots do not have a clue, hell.. why not share you girlfriend with him after you have fraped her? Why not let your friend use your car while you are not using it.

All your comments are flawed and these forums suck ass, so many retards/trolls that jump on any bang wagon to to fit in a crowed.

wow!....i totally agree with u (except for the girlfriend part..sound too harsh?)

Are u -int'l student?:biggrin:
Reply 99

politics is dirty:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending