The Student Room Group

Fake PSP Batteries

I need a spare Battery for my PSP, and after looking at various sites £30 is way to much.
After looking on eBay, I can pick one "official" battery up for around £10-£15. You can tell just by their packaging they're fake, but the battery itself looks real. I was just wondering if any of you guys knew of any potential problems with using a fake battery in the PSP.
Coz I dont want it to blow up! Its the 2200mAH Version.
Reply 1
I will never touch anything electrical that is fake, they will not conform to safety standards and its not worth the risk IMO that a dodgy electrical item can bring.
Reply 2
You're taking a risk of it not being safe, and screwing your PSP. But i don't suppose that's all that likely. What's probably more of a problem, is that a fake battery may be cheaper because it's not manufactured to such a high spec. as the real ones. i.e, you'd probably get less power, and less life out of it. So you may be paying half as much, but you may also get half as much battery life, or not supply the PSP with enough power (i dunno what the effects of that might be...darker screen?). Finally, by using a non-official battery, you're presumably void the warranty if you still have one.
Reply 3
i heard there was an unofficial one coming out that had loads more power than the original.

tempted to get it. and its not like unofficial things dont have to pass the same safety standards (unless of course you import from a dodgey country)

Latest