The Student Room Group

Snooker

Scroll to see replies

Was watching the O’Sullivan vs Selby match last night, had a power cut in the final frame 😡 was not happy.
Original post by Becca216
Was watching the O’Sullivan vs Selby match last night, had a power cut in the final frame 😡 was not happy.

Unlucky it was an ok frame
I reckon O'sullivans won this one
Original post by K_A_I_2004
watch the tv NOW
Sullivan is on agaist wilson now
Dont miss the final

Thanks for the information, I do now. I bet on O'Sullivan for the victory.

There are spectators in the crucible? Is not forbidden because of Corona?
Original post by Kallisto

The crucible is being used as a ‘test’ to see how easy it is going to be to bring fans back into sports. I think snooker was chosen due to it being very easy to social distance and also due to no shouting/chanting (which is supposed to increase the spread of the virus).

cant you see theyre all socially distanced
Original post by Becca216
The crucible is being used as a ‘test’ to see how easy it is going to be to bring fans back into sports. I think snooker was chosen due to it being very easy to social distance and also due to no shouting/chanting (which is supposed to increase the spread of the virus).

Good to know. Hope the fans can back to sport events soon.

Original post by K_A_I_2004
cant you see theyre all socially distanced

Some places are vacantly indeed. Hope that the test ends up well.
2021 Masters currently ongoing, at the QF stage now:
Gilbert 6-5 Wilson
Bingham 5-3 Murphy (latest)
Yan Bingtao vs Maguire
O'Sullivan vs Higgins
Higgins just whitewashed Selby 6-0.
He has also just broken the record for least points conceded in an 11 frame match, score was 546-7.
Higgins currently is 4-0 up having conceded all of 3 points thus far.

16 frames without reply thus far and he will break a record if he reaches the final with triple whitewashes.

Edit: Now 4-0.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Rakas21
Higgins just whitewashed Selby 6-0.
He has also just broken the record for least points conceded in an 11 frame match, score was 546-7.

Yep, that is a clear victory. By the way what a ranking tournament is playing at the moment? I haven't seen snooker for a long time.
Yep, that is a clear victory. By the way what a ranking tournament is playing at the moment? I haven't seen snooker for a long time.

Players Championship on ITV4.
Original post by Rakas21
Players Championship on ITV4.

Thanks! And the players are in the first round so far? So the tournament has just begun?
Thanks! And the players are in the first round so far? So the tournament has just begun?

Semi final.

Higgins Vs O'Sullivan final assuming Wilson does not stomp from here.
Martin Gould had the worst luck I have ever seen in a snooker world cup match. He was not able to win frames with a 58 and 69(!) break and instead of to equalize to 7-7, he is 5-9 behind. The potted play ball to lose the match hit the bottom. In the other hand Yan played a great snooker to be fair.
@Rakas21 Hey, are you already looking at the world championship?

What a decider between O'Sullivan and McGill. What nerves McGill has to comeback in that way? it is just over for some minutes but I am still quiver for excitement! I was soooo sure that the world champion is on the road to the next round, even after his 136 break in 24th frame. Who would have thought that a missed position would lead to a loss? respect for McGill's mentality, I admire his performance.
We have a new century breaks record at the world championship! the number of century breaks played now is 102, two more than 2019.

I am impressed of Murphy's mentality: he was 2-6 and 4-10 behind and won 17-12 against Wilson.

Murphy vs Selby in the final! :smile:
The final is over and Mark Selby is the new and old World Champion! :clap2:

But a great kudos to Murphy, his fighting spirit and offensive play is so admirable and he made his contributions to a great final match. And if Selby is not the most complete snooker player with the best safety play at the moment, he would had a great chance for the victory.
Ronnie O Sullivan needs to come back with a bang.

Mark Selby is depressing to watch and maybe that's his tactic to bore the opponent to death
Original post by Mulked2003
Ronnie O Sullivan needs to come back with a bang.

Mark Selby is depressing to watch and maybe that's his tactic to bore the opponent to death

People done wrong by Selby. He is the most complete snooker player at the moment, he can play great safeties, has an extraordinary sense for tactics, a lot of patience and is indeed able to play a great break building. He has almost played 700 centuries now, an evidence that he can play another snooker, if he wants and needs to.

Quick Reply

Latest