The Student Room Group

Leeds 2013 Medical School Applicants

Scroll to see replies

everyones results go well?
Original post by J1994D

AAbb, Do you think i can still apply for leeds?
Original post by Richyp22
AAbb, Do you think i can still apply for leeds?

are you AS or A2? if youre A2 then you dont have 3 A grades which is needed, i assume youre AS thought due to 4 A levels. If youre AS and get predicted 3 A's then yeah go ahead and apply, hopefully you have other strong aspects of your application. good luck!
Original post by J1994D
are you AS or A2? if youre A2 then you dont have 3 A grades which is needed, i assume youre AS thought due to 4 A levels. If youre AS and get predicted 3 A's then yeah go ahead and apply, hopefully you have other strong aspects of your application. good luck!

yh im As, Did go to the open day? do you think As grades will be good enough to meet the acedmic section?
yh im As, Did go to the open day? do you think As grades will be good enough to meet the acedmic section?

Haven't read exactly how they score people, if they rank people on as grades then maybe not but you still can. If they rank on predicted a2 then you can apply. Do you know what your predicted grades will be?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by J1994D
Haven't read exactly how they score people, if they rank people on as grades then maybe not but you still can. If they rank on predicted a2 then you can apply. Do you know what your predicted grades will be?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

A*AA, At the open day they said as long as you meet the minimuum acedmic creteria youll be fine on the acedmic section of the application. Which i dont really beleive considering everyone will have the A's at gcses.
Original post by J1994D

Yeah :smile: AAAB. I was hoping for all As, so it was a bit disappointing but oh well :smile: UKCAT in just over a week! :O
Original post by Holz888
Yeah :smile: AAAB. I was hoping for all As, so it was a bit disappointing but oh well :smile: UKCAT in just over a week! :O

Do you know what the predetermined ukcat thresehold was for leeds? I think it was 625 but not sure??

I got 675 so not sure were i stand
Do you know what the predetermined ukcat thresehold was for leeds? I think it was 625 but not sure??

I got 675 so not sure were i stand

I think you'll be fine. On the key memory stick it doesn't say anything about a cutoff, but states that the median Leeds applicant got 665 last year, and the median for offer holders was slightly lower than this. From the open day, I though she said 615, but I'm probably wrong.
Original post by Holz888
I think you'll be fine. On the key memory stick it doesn't say anything about a cutoff, but states that the median Leeds applicant got 665 last year, and the median for offer holders was slightly lower than this. From the open day, I though she said 615, but I'm probably wrong.

Yep i e-mailed them, And Said aslong as you get above 615 in the Ukcat your application will progress onto the next stage!!!!
Yep i e-mailed them, And Said aslong as you get above 615 in the Ukcat your application will progress onto the next stage!!!!

awesome, that has made my day :biggrin:
Just rung Leeds and they say they are not using a cut-off for the UKCAT???
Unlikely that ill get into Leeds this year but, YOLO is my reason for applying here.
I was not considering Leeds but after visiting the website I have to say that I'm definitely thinking about applying there
Original post by Hopefulmedstudent
I was not considering Leeds but after visiting the website I have to say that I'm definitely thinking about applying there

Whats on the website that made you change you mind?
Whats on the website that made you change you mind?

I think it was the large variety of clubs and societies that they have there are so many things that I want to try and not all universities seem to offer such a large variety of activities and the accommodation looks decent so I think I could be comfortable there. Personally I don't mind the wait :colondollar:
Reply 96
[INDENT]Yo wannabe doctor here
AS-levels: AAAB (gonna drop the B)
UKCAT:670
GCSE: 5A* 3.5A 1C
Work exp/ voluntary work: Volunteer at a playcentre for children with special needs , week at cardiology clinical measurements department, week at pharmacy
Extracurricular: 2nd dan blackbelt in the martial art Tang Soo Do, Prefect, Peer mentor

Can anyone give me advice on my chancs of gettin in???[/INDENT]

Original post by HaQ_mAn_
[INDENT]Yo wannabe doctor here
AS-levels: AAAB (gonna drop the B)
UKCAT:670
GCSE: 5A* 3.5A 1C
Work exp/ voluntary work: Volunteer at a playcentre for children with special needs , week at cardiology clinical measurements department, week at pharmacy
Extracurricular: 2nd dan blackbelt in the martial art Tang Soo Do, Prefect, Peer mentor

Can anyone give me advice on my chancs of gettin in???[/INDENT]

Everything is good, apart from your lacking in work expeirnece within a hospital or Gp. And then the rest is down to your personal statement.
Reply 98
Everything is good, apart from your lacking in work expeirnece within a hospital or Gp. And then the rest is down to your personal statement.

well my work exp in the cardiology department was in a hospital?
Original post by HaQ_mAn_
well my work exp in the cardiology department was in a hospital?

Shadowing doctors? Your going to find with your grades the schools you apply to are going to have personal statement as a sizable factor.

And nobody can really tell you weather you stand a chance as that is subjective, if you want an interview from a place like leeds you personal statement needs to be perfect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending