The Student Room Group

Student Nurse...Working

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi does anyone know if it's possible with kids and working all weekend and doing uni core work and placement to successfully be able to achieve a nursing degree. Was there anyone in any of your classes in my position
Please help.
As after reading theses reviews I'm baffled. As I headed that you only need to do 3 nights in a 4 week rota. Rest with be days or long shifts. And also one weekend in four weeks
heyyy :smile: I'm a student nurse! :smile: I plan on working after my first placement. After your first placement you'll have enough experience to gain bank work at a care home. after your first year ul have enough experience to work within the hospital :smile: just doing general obs but you get paid! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
There will be times where you will be expected to be on placement at weekend or night. Some universities have rules on how much students can work others do not. The NMC merely say that students should experience nursing patients throughout the 24 hour period including weekends. Plenty of people manage to do it every year, there are shed loads of mature students within nursing, their time management skills just have to be on the ball.
Original post by xx-Samantha-xx
Well i'm in my second year now and am working as a care support worker for NHS professionals and its not easy, especially when on placement, but i need the money to live. You're going to have to be really organised because hospitals shifts take it out of you and most of the time you don't feel like revising or working on essays or presentations while on placement but its got to be done. I've been banking for the last 2 months, it is easier when on university blocks as its a fair standard lecture hours routine. As for affecting finances, it doesn't as long as you work evenings and weekends (you don't even have to mention it on the NHS bursary forms!) and the maintanance loan isnt means tested anyway so it doesnt matter if you work of not :smile:

Anywho, its hard but not impossible. (I just need to get my act together and start on the 2 essays, 3 presentations and 6 workbooks... :/)

I really want to apply to do this im just stuck with how to apply?
Original post by alwayselliekerr
I really want to apply to do this im just stuck with how to apply?

NHS professionals? I had to apply through their website :smile:
Original post by xx-Samantha-xx
NHS professionals? I had to apply through their website :smile:

Am I still able to apply in my first year of nursing?
Reply 26
Original post by alwayselliekerr
Am I still able to apply in my first year of nursing?

You can apply to nhs professionals if you have experience in a hospital or care setting, of 3 months or more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay thanks for your help :smile:
Reply 28
Hello I just want to know if I can do bank shifts while at university, however , when doing student finance application I said I wasn’t gonna work whilst studying. Since I would now like to work will this affect my student finance in anyway ? Or is there something I need to do ? Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending