The Student Room Group

Any jobs you'd reccomend for a student nurse with no job experience?

Hello,

I'm a student nurse, just started my 1st year. I'm 20 yrs old,
not really into any clubs or social activities, but I don't want to do JUST school. So I think getting a job would be a good idea also for the money.
Would it help that I'm a student nurse, to get a job in a carer home or the community? What are the chances they'd take me? Should I aim for a more common job like fast-food, etc?

About me: I'm an international student so I can only work max 20 hours a week
Many student nurses work as care assistants, it's fairly common. Also, people enter care jobs with zero experience, so I cannot see why they wouldn't consider an application from you. Good luck! :smile:
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Bubbasa
Hello,

I'm a student nurse, just started my 1st year. I'm 20 yrs old,
not really into any clubs or social activities, but I don't want to do JUST school. So I think getting a job would be a good idea also for the money.
Would it help that I'm a student nurse, to get a job in a carer home or the community? What are the chances they'd take me? Should I aim for a more common job like fast-food, etc?

About me: I'm an international student so I can only work max 20 hours a week

Firstly congratulations on your student nurse journey! As a student nurse, a care home would likely value your skills and work ethics and so would welcome an application (the same said about a job in the community - think of the core values that nurses have around working with patients and care and how much the community would benefit from this!).

Sometimes it is harder to get part-time work as a student nurse depending on how your placements work, as some employers might not allow you to have large breaks in shifts (for example if you have a 4 week placement). Flexible working options tend to suit student nurses more. Perhaps where you are studying offers part-time flexible work as a student ambassador or similar? These are often great rates of pay too! :smile:

Good luck!
ET

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending