The Student Room Group

IB exams 2012 start tomorrow :o

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by chickenonsteroids
How did I post that after you? *mind blown*

what's your next exam?

hahahah i know me too!!!!!

lol.. my next exam is chem HL paper 3 and then english SL paper 2.. tomorrow.. after that history on friday :s-smilie: how did u do in history?
Original post by iffi
I didn't do too well, got 28 points, and really? Sucks to be me, lmao xD

ohh :/ yea what i was told was that it was very difficult.. like the highest in our school was a 37.. and the 2 people who got 37's were unbelievably smart :redface:
Reply 382
Original post by aeyurttaser13
ohh :/ yea what i was told was that it was very difficult.. like the highest in our school was a 37.. and the 2 people who got 37's were unbelievably smart :redface:

same with my sixth form! I'm just glad i passed :redface: hehe
Original post by XxelliexX
Aw you're so sweet asking us how our exams are going, lol <3
I hate history essays too, that's why I didn't do history :P philosophy exams are much more fun :wink:
actually, the philosophy exams weren't too great... the philosophy of religion questions were awful lol! i had no idea what kind of answer they were looking for!! core was good though, but i had like a 10 minute brain freeze in the plato paper where I just sat there staring into space trying to work out what I was actually thinking and arguing... lol, whoops. but hopefully it was still a 6, which i can still get into cambridge with :smile:

Philosophy essays are interesting :yep:

I always stop in the middle of my essays :tongue: the teachers sometimes look weirdly at me :lol: what were the religion questions like?

:woo: you'll probably get a 7 you... you philosopher :tongue:

Original post by Gops94
hahahah i know me too!!!!!

lol.. my next exam is chem HL paper 3 and then english SL paper 2.. tomorrow.. after that history on friday :s-smilie: how did u do in history?

ahhh good luck :biggrin: how do you find chemistry? Love it? Hate it?

I'm not taking exams :colone: I'm in the year below :ninja:
Original post by iffi
same with my sixth form! I'm just glad i passed :redface: hehe

hahaha, back to studying chem for paper 3 :tongue:
Reply 385
Original post by aeyurttaser13
hahaha, back to studying chem for paper 3 :tongue:

Goood luckk :P xx
Reply 386

I always stop in the middle of my essays :tongue: the teachers sometimes look weirdly at me :lol: what were the religion questions like?

ahhh good luck :biggrin: how do you find chemistry? Love it? Hate it?

I'm not taking exams :colone: I'm in the year below :ninja:

lucky u :P chemistry is decent i don't hate it.. but don't particularly love it :P
Original post by iffi
Goood luckk :P xx

thx :tongue:
I actually think I've probably missed out on getting my diploma... chemistry seriously was that bad. I nearly cried.
Original post by Egarside
Worried about the English HL A1 P2 exam tomorrow :frown:

me toooo :frown:

Lol, especially mine, where I have no idea what I'm talking about :')
Haha, yes, I was paranoid the invigilators were looking at me staring absently instead of writing, lol, it was a bit distracting... One of the religion questions was really bad, it was something along the lines of culture and how it affects religious language? :confused: literally no one I know did that one... the one everyone did was something like 'god's existence can only be proved by experience'... I think I may have gone off on a tangent about the ontological argument :frown: oh well... all will be revealed on the 6th july :smile:
Lol, especially mine, where I have no idea what I'm talking about :')
Haha, yes, I was paranoid the invigilators were looking at me staring absently instead of writing, lol, it was a bit distracting... One of the religion questions was really bad, it was something along the lines of culture and how it affects religious language? :confused: literally no one I know did that one... the one everyone did was something like 'god's existence can only be proved by experience'... I think I may have gone off on a tangent about the ontological argument :frown: oh well... all will be revealed on the 6th july :smile:

You'll get a 7 :yep: we've only just started phil. of religion. Is it difficult?

What other exams do you have coming up?
You'll get a 7 :yep: we've only just started phil. of religion. Is it difficult?

What other exams do you have coming up?

Aw, thank you :smile: I'm predicted a 7 and because I'm doing it at uni I'll be really upset and my confidence will be crushed if I don't get it :frown:
Erm, I didn't find it difficult, but that's because I found it really interesting :smile: I think my year was just a bit unlucky with rubbish questions...
I've got english paper 2 tomorrow, and latin and biology next week :smile: and then I'm done :biggrin:
Aw, thank you :smile: I'm predicted a 7 and because I'm doing it at uni I'll be really upset and my confidence will be crushed if I don't get it :frown:
Erm, I didn't find it difficult, but that's because I found it really interesting :smile: I think my year was just a bit unlucky with rubbish questions...
I've got english paper 2 tomorrow, and latin and biology next week :smile: and then I'm done :biggrin:

You're still great at philosophy :colone: you'll be ok :yes:

Ah ok that's good :smile: it's unfortunate that you got crappy questions though :frown:

:woo: :woo: :woo: I bet you'll feel great when you've finally finished :biggrin: all the hard work should pay off :P

I might be in the position to apply to Cambridge next year :colone: but I'm not sure if my point score will be high enough :no:
Aw you're so sweet asking us how our exams are going, lol <3
I hate history essays too, that's why I didn't do history :P philosophy exams are much more fun :wink:
actually, the philosophy exams weren't too great... the philosophy of religion questions were awful lol! i had no idea what kind of answer they were looking for!! core was good though, but i had like a 10 minute brain freeze in the plato paper where I just sat there staring into space trying to work out what I was actually thinking and arguing... lol, whoops. but hopefully it was still a 6, which i can still get into cambridge with :smile:

Whaa, I thought the philos questions were great! well... better than some of the past ones there have been :s-smilie: Was your set text plato then?
I'm sure you'll have done amazing, and good luck! :biggrin:
Original post by icnthelpit
Whaa, I thought the philos questions were great! well... better than some of the past ones there have been :s-smilie: Was your set text plato then?
I'm sure you'll have done amazing, and good luck! :biggrin:

lol, i thought someone might say something like that and make me feel stupid :')
did you do philosophy of religion? i just hated those questions... :angry:
core was good though, i smiled when i opened the first page :biggrin:
yeah my set text was plato, yours? the question was worded really strangely, i sat there for ages trying to get my head round it...
thank you, and you too! :biggrin:
You're still great at philosophy :colone: you'll be ok :yes:

Ah ok that's good :smile: it's unfortunate that you got crappy questions though :frown:

:woo: :woo: :woo: I bet you'll feel great when you've finally finished :biggrin: all the hard work should pay off :P

I might be in the position to apply to Cambridge next year :colone: but I'm not sure if my point score will be high enough :no:

Aw, thank you! :biggrin: but you don't even know me in real life!! lol!!
OMG I'M GOING TO GO SO CRAZY!! after our biology paper my friend and i are going to go straight to the pub and get very drunk :biggrin: ... at 10am... lol!! xD i hope it will pay off!! i can't wait until results day, i won't be able to enjoy my holiday until then :frown:
Oh I'm sure it will be! Don't forget, I got told that my predicted grades weren't good enough and I'd get rejected :colone: Do you have any idea what you're on track to get? What's your personal target point score? APPLY TO KING'S!! Only oxbridge college with 38 point offers, I'm the envy of all the oxbridge offer holders in my school :wink:
Aw, thank you! :biggrin: but you don't even know me in real life!! lol!!
OMG I'M GOING TO GO SO CRAZY!! after our biology paper my friend and i are going to go straight to the pub and get very drunk :biggrin: ... at 10am... lol!! xD i hope it will pay off!! i can't wait until results day, i won't be able to enjoy my holiday until then :frown:
Oh I'm sure it will be! Don't forget, I got told that my predicted grades weren't good enough and I'd get rejected :colone: Do you have any idea what you're on track to get? What's your personal target point score? APPLY TO KING'S!! Only oxbridge college with 38 point offers, I'm the envy of all the oxbridge offer holders in my school :wink:

Drunk at 10 am :rofl: :rofl:

try to forget about your results when you've finished :smile: It'll only do well for your sanity :tongue:

My personal target score is 43 (ish) but I'm bad at English and history doesn't like me so I don't think I'll get that. Roughly... I'm on like 38 - 40 without bonus points (I hope) so I'll be on 40 - 42 with 2 bonus points. I'm not 100% i could come back and say I've dropped all the way down to 34 or something :tongue:
Drunk at 10 am :rofl: :rofl:

try to forget about your results when you've finished :smile: It'll only do well for your sanity :tongue:

My personal target score is 43 (ish) but I'm bad at English and history doesn't like me so I don't think I'll get that. Roughly... I'm on like 38 - 40 without bonus points (I hope) so I'll be on 40 - 42 with 2 bonus points. I'm not 100% i could come back and say I've dropped all the way down to 34 or something :tongue:

Lol, of course, why shouldn't i get drunk at 10am?? :tongue:
I'll try :biggrin: It's not actually that long to wait... :smile: compared to A level results at least... It'll just be really annoying if i narrowly miss my offer and then have to wait until a level results to find out whether cambridge has still accepted me, which will probably be a no, lol, but there's no point worrying about things which might not even happen :smile:
Oh gosh you sound like you're worrying about it too much, lol, it looks like you're going to be fine... :smile: 38-40 points without bonus points?? you're making me very jealous :tongue:
Sometimes I start thinking about how amazing it would be to get 45, and then i think... biology... :angry:
I hate that subject. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if when results day comes I get 7s in everything, and then a 3 in biology :tongue:
Original post by deadsmurfette
I actually think I've probably missed out on getting my diploma... chemistry seriously was that bad. I nearly cried.

:frown:

Are you SL or HL? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending