The Student Room Group

IB exams 2012 start tomorrow :o

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
That awkward moment when im the least stressful person in the thread cz my offer is 36 points :colondollar:
Reply 61
Hii guyss!! first exam tomorrow english sl.. good luck!!
Reply 62
Original post by TTGenius
i applied to churchill because i heard they have the best dorms...
but since you need 776 in hl anyway, it doesn't make a huge difference. I don't suppose anyone will lose marks in SLs

Hahahah dont be so sure :tongue: funny enough, my hl's i expect a 776 whereas sl's im expecting a 765 :tongue:
Reply 63
My offer is 36 too for some reason I'm so nervous :frown: in the mock I got 35 only studied bio a lot! and econ only for 2 days... so I can get it now because I have done more now :smile:
Reply 64
Original post by aeyurttaser13
Hahahah dont be so sure :tongue: funny enough, my hl's i expect a 776 whereas sl's im expecting a 765 :tongue:

hehe, hope everything works fine
Reply 65
shouldn't people already in bed by this time????
Reply 66
10 hours until my English HL paper 1, freaking outttttt

good luck everyone! :smile:
Original post by hattieb
high five :smile: how do you feel about it? the lit paper seems so unpredictable and weird :frown::frown: just dont know what questions or what answers they want!! ahh dont worry even if you think you havent done enough so much would have gone in over the two years and its probably best because you wont be worked up!

Erm atm I don't feel so great about it, but because most of my exams are this week I've got a fair amount of time to revise for it so it should (hopefully!) be ok! Omg yes we looked through a past paper in class and my teacher was like, "these questions are appalling" lol! So random!! I hope we get decent questions this year :s-smilie:

Original post by TTGenius
i applied to churchill because i heard they have the best dorms...
but since you need 776 in hl anyway, it doesn't make a huge difference. I don't suppose anyone will lose marks in SLs

Oh I need 766 in HL... and SL Biology and classics are my two worst subjects so it's quite likely that I'll lose a fair amount of marks for them :')
Reply 68
Original post by doctor92
My offer is 36 too for some reason I'm so nervous :frown: in the mock I got 35 only studied bio a lot! and econ only for 2 days... so I can get it now because I have done more now :smile:

Haha dont wry u will :wink: my first mocks i was at a 32 cz i didnt study more than 2 days for each subj.. But my mocks a couple weeks back i studied well and got a 38 so its all down to the studying :wink: what's ur offer for btw? Which uni?
Reply 69
Damn in bed already! Freaking out cz english a1 sl paper in less than 8 hours :0
Reply 70
mine starts in precisely 9h 40minutes
Reply 71
Hope so :smile: cardiff uni medicine :smile: I don't think I'll be able to sleep... I'l study a bit more lol freaking out :smile:
Reply 72
how is anyone studying for paper 1? I just looked at tips and the criteria but don't know what else to do :/
Reply 73
Original post by Superwoman
how is anyone studying for paper 1? I just looked at tips and the criteria but don't know what else to do :/

don't think one could, i am watching youtube to relax
Reply 74
I don't know if you have time but I had to practice writing fast because I was never able to finish my essay :frown: and mostly people lose points because of structure so I had to pay attention to that as well.. that's all really.
Reply 75
usually i just finish on time

how many words u guys generally write
Reply 76
I know its quality over quantity and all that, but how many pages do you usually write for paper 1? :biggrin:
I've seen people who write about 15 and people who write 5 so have no idea
Reply 77
I usually write abt 6-8 which is more than enough to cover all the literary techniques and comment on their effect which is really likethe most imp thing. And make sure ur formal guys i lost a mark on language in the mocks cz i started a paragraph by: "kicking off with" hahahaha
Reply 78
for me,
it's 2-3 double sided page, about 700 words,
Original post by Superwoman

I've been looking over literary terms lightly just to swot up a little. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending